Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/24/2001 7:21:14 PM EDT
They stopped in at my FFL's shop the other day, just before thanksgiving.  My buddy stopped in yesterday and they told him "We're only gonna sell the guns we have left in the store, it isn't worth the hassle."  The strange part was that he had planned on ordering some .22's for christmas and she told him "We arent ordering anymore, I'm not even sure if we will BE ABLE to get the ones we have on order".  All the while, they insisted they were all in order and BATF had no findings.  I also find it odd that a gun shop in the middle of nowhere can make a go of it by just selling fishing gear and a little archery, especially with another archery shop just up the road.  Does this sound a little fishy to anybody else?
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 7:27:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 7:31:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Why does it sound fishy? They wouldn't tell a lie just to save face would they? Naw! not a gun dealer.  They're the most straight up honest people out there. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 7:59:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, if they were 'shut down' they wouldn't be permitted to sell their remaining stock to the public, just to another FFL dealer!

Probably got told that their FFL license wasn't going to be renewed for some sor of technical violation, and they've just decided to fold their hand sooner.

Eric The(FFL)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 11:13:21 PM EDT
[#4]
when I had my shop batf spent a nice interesting week with me. every was in order for the most part the only things he found were mistakes on the forms like a box not checked and the such. he would leave at the end of the day with a list and would come back the next day and fill everything in for me. but no small talk and he would not even drink my coffee. thought I was in trouble with the forms having a few not filled in spots once in awhile but when he left on friday he said everything looked good and it was one of the better one's he had done that year.
closed up about a year later and have never wanted another ffl after to much hassle.
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 9:23:09 AM EDT
[#5]
You recall all the NRA wanted was better enforcement of existing laws.  Hope they are happy with what they got.  Just keep sending in your dues!

And no, I am not a NRA basher.
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 7:21:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I got ATF'ED too! No problems. The ATF inspector said "The best records she seen in her 15 year career!" The only thing she didn't like was consignment guns that were not sold and returned to the owner had to pay the $5.00 background check before I could return to the owner. No more consignment guns for me!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top