Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/24/2001 5:19:49 PM EDT
... a primer on assembly of the AK47.

While bump firing mine today the hammer pin(?) walked out and locked up nicely. I finally got the case out but that damn POS is in pieces and I've never attempted an assembly of one of these things. Hell, I hate to admit on this site that I even own one. Thanks in advance.

Buy the way, my neighbor found out today how nice Orlite mags serves as targets. I told him that he needed to get rid of the POS and after three FTF it became a clay pigeon!
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 5:39:46 PM EDT
[#1]
The manuals CD has it I think. Would you like me to take a look? What exactly do you need to know?
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 5:48:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The manuals CD has it I think. Would you like me to take a look? What exactly do you need to know?
View Quote

Thanks [b]tc6969[/b], an exploded view would be a good start. Curious about those funky wound springs too. I may have lunched them with the force of the recoil/gas shoving everything back without the pin intact.
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 5:55:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Hang around. Let me see what I can come up with for you.
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 6:06:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Sorry buddy! What I have is more of a field manual for a soldier and doesnt go into the kind of detail that you need. No help at all here Sorry!
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 7:58:19 PM EDT
[#5]
This may help.

[url]http://www.fortunecity.com/olympia/wagner/137/ak01.html[/url]
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 8:16:22 PM EDT
[#6]
That looks like the one I Have. it doesnt dig into the trigger assy/fire control very much. There has to be one out there somewhere Lets just keep looking.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top