Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/23/2001 8:08:12 AM EDT
the religious and political threads?

They quickly turn into snakepits of hatred and namecalling by the extremists on either side, and a moderate opinion anywhere in the middle becomes an easy target for either side. I'd rather take a cheesegrater to the back of my nutsack than play that game anymore.

Hey, does anybody here wanna talk about firearms? Black ones, with evil, child-killing bayonet lugs and flash supressors? High-capacity magazine capable spewers of supersonic copper-jacketed death?
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 8:16:14 AM EDT
[#1]
and I...I would rather suck up shit through a straw than read another religious post.
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 8:21:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
and I...I would rather suck up shit through a straw than read another religious post.
View Quote

Amen
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 8:40:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
becomes an easy target for either side. I'd rather take a cheesegrater to the back of my nutsack than play that game anymore.
View Quote

WHOA!!  I dunno about that!!!

I think I'd rather just close the thread!
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 8:42:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Black ones, with evil, child-killing bayonet lugs and flash supressors? High-capacity magazine capable spewers of supersonic copper-jacketed death?
View Quote

Yeah! armor piercing hollow point cop killing dum-dum bullets!!

At least that's what the Washington Post says!
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 8:52:58 AM EDT
[#5]
I can't reply to this,I'm ignoring it.
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 9:12:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Jarhead_22: You're damn skippy I ignore 'em. We need a IGNORE feature on this BB. Type in some names on your profile list, say "M1man", or "PrattleInParentheses", (just inventing usernames here ahem, any resemblance to real members is coincidental and due to their vanity), and poof! Their posts don't show up on your page. Now that is a USEFUL upgrade, GoatBoy!

Now about guns. Among my ahem, modest rifle collection, I have two real nice Colts, blue label MH prebans w/ sequential serial numbers. One is in M4gery config, the other standard A2, only with a new gov't profile barrel w/ evil lug du bayo. I would never sell them, and I shoot them both every now and then. They both are accurate, and are zeroed with come-ups inked on the side of the upper highpower-style in case I forget.

Why do the receiver blocks bother me? I dunno, but it does. Should I have 'em removed, or leave 'em in? It kinda blocks my Jewell trigger adjusting screws. I had Kurt do one of my other Colts, but I didn't like it. Pulling out the blind pin kinda raised the metal around the hole and created a little shiny ring that the plug doesn't hide. No flame on Kurt, he did a good job, I just think there must be a better way to get the damn thing out. I have read the "hydraulic Marvel oil method" post, but I can never find anyone who's actually tried it. I think the best way to go is for a talented machinist to mill that sucker out with a carbide mill, and leave the pin in there milled flush with the inside so the stock look is preserved.

Now that's a gun topic. Of course this is Generally Disgusting, so anything goes, even God and politics. What would Jesus do if he had a blocked Colt? Would He have it removed? And what about the political angle? By removing the block, does that automatically make me a hate group member in the eyes of Feinstein et al?

I can't wait to hear what some think. [rolleyes]

Happy Thanksgiving holiday, y'all! No work 'till Monday for me, I'm off to slay a doe with the shorty Colt at a buddy's Mom's farm.

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 9:14:24 AM EDT
[#7]
OK, I'll start.  Should I get another Preban lower, or complete rifle, or move up to the .30 cal's like a FAL or M1A?  Need another PreBan, but don't have any .30 cal guns.

BTW, I don't even bother clicking on the religous threads, and the political ones usually make me want to throw my computer.
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 9:16:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 9:26:08 AM EDT
[#9]
The only things more annoying than threads about certain topics are threads [b]complaining[/b] about those topics. [:D]
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 9:35:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The only things more annoying than threads about certain topics are threads [b]complaining[/b] about those topics. [:D]
View Quote

Feel free to ignore this then...oh, too late.
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 9:41:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Hmmm...I've never been that much of a purist on the AR15 issue. Bushmaster / Colt / Olympic Arms / etc / etc. Mine is a Frankenrifle, but I don't feel inadequate as a man because of it. [;D]

I have a really nice Steyr-made StG-58 kit and an Imbel receiver that I will eventually build a functioning firearm out of, and I will be back in the .308 universe. Woohoo!
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 9:43:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
At least they don't get as ugly as the Bushmaster vs. Colt treads!
View Quote

No way man, Special Weapons is best!!![devil]
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 9:48:19 AM EDT
[#13]
I have never clicked on one and never will.
You suckered me on this.
I believe in God,Jesus,Salvation and attend and am active in my church.
This is not the place for it.
cpermd
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top