User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2001 3:52:23 PM EDT
[img]http://www.dredgeearthfirst.com/blm.jpg[/img]

November 13, 2001

CATTLE GO FOR PENNIES ON THE DOLLAR

TITLE IN QUESTION

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Ben Colvin and the Nevada Committee for Full Statehood staged a full-fledged protest against the BLM sealed bid auction. The protest was complete with banners, posters, trigger happy BLM rangers and an airplane that for two days has flown the Northern Nevada skies streaming banners with the words "BLM=Cattle Rustlers" and "Don't Buy Stolen Cattle". Protesters came from as far as Elko, Nevada. The protest occurred between 10:00 am to 1:30 pm at the Bureau of Land Management's Palomino Valley Wild Horse and Burro Facility outside of Sparks.

The protesters were denied access to the so-called public auction and even Ben Colvin was not allowed in to see his own cattle or to be present at the Auction. BLM rangers and other security manned the gate to the facility. The press was allowed access.

According to JoLynn Worley, "Certainly we are anxious to get the sale
complete and get the cattle out of Palomino Valley."

Jackie Holmgren, Ranching Representative from the Nevada Committee for Full Statehood said, "I am certain that BLM would like to 'move on' to the next rancher. However, they had better make sure they are on solid legal ground before they 'move on' to their next rustling episode."

Mr. Colvin was looking forward to his day in court. The BLM instead rushed ahead with the sale of his cattle avoiding state court action. Mr. Colvin has always maintained that he doesn't owe grazing fees because he has a water based adjudicated allotment which is his base property and base of operations. The Nevada Revised Statutes, as well as, the BLM Code of Federal Regulations (43 CFR 4110.2-2(c)(2) vlearly delineate that Mr. Colvin has the use of the forage within the service area of the water. In Nevada this has historically been three miles or as far as a cow can walk from water.

Link Posted: 11/22/2001 3:53:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Mr. Colvin said, "The BLM has received a bid on my cattle without my
authorization or clear title, for penny's on the dollar ($13,000). They just keep digging themselves in deeper all the time. This I know, 99% of the scared ranchers (in Nevada) won't say anything because the BLM might do the same thing to them. I think the BLM is discriminating against me because I dared to challenge their illegal actions pertaining to my property rights."

Earlier in the day, JoLynn Worley of the BLM stated that the cattle were worth $40,000 and that a $20,000 bid would be too low. Apparently, the BLM changed their minds.

Echo Penrose, a Ben Colvin supporter at the protest, said, "Throughout
history fraudulent sales have always plagued society. The London Bridge was sold several times, however real title was never given to the buyers. I think this is a similar situation only worse!"

Jeannie Voigts from Genoa, witnessed the BLM ranger drawing his pistol on Kenny Greenwell and shouting "Down on the ground, down on the ground." Mr. Greenwell, a Colvin supporter simply looked on in amazement. Jeannie Voigts who took pictures of the incident said, "I was shocked to see such aggressive behavior, without any provocation. This is an extremely serious abuse. BLM rangers with guns is a big mistake."

"When history closes this book the final chapter will read: Nevada is a State not a Territory. JoLynn Worley will not have to be anxious to write any more chapters because Nevadan's will have asserted their
Sovereignty--once again Battle Born," said David Holmgren, Nevada Live Stock Association President and Ben Colvin supporter.

For further information:
Ben Colvin 775-485-6366
Jackie and David Holmgren 775-530-5313
Janine Hansen 775-352-8262.

This is the type stuff that worries almost as much as the gun controll freaks. People, watch your rights to own land, and land use rights. The Tree Huggers are gunning for those.

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 4:11:58 PM EDT
[#2]
OH shit... Imbrog and I think alike!!! [:X*]

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top