Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/22/2001 10:08:06 AM EDT
The redcoats have finished with Lexington Green and now are on their way to Concord. Are you kalidiots going to just stand by and watch?

[URL]www.bigbeargrizzly.net/display/inn_news/news6.txt[/URL]

Weapons arrests made in Valley
                                                     By KEVIN PREVITALI

When the Big Bear City Sheriff's dispatcher received the call last Friday, it was from
                                                     a woman who sounded "very nervous and was speaking very fast."

The caller went on to tell the dispatcher that her husband, Robert Wounderlick, "had
                                                     several illegal guns at the location and (she) would like them removed."

Taking advantage of the fact that Wounderlick, 55, was out of the house, deputies
                                                     moved in after receiving a search warrant for the home located in the 600 block of
                                                     Cienga Rd. in Big Bear Lake.

Inside the home, deputies recovered some 30 unregistered assault weapons and
                                                     three hand grenades.

Wounderlick was arrested and booked into the local jail for the illegal possession of
                                                     assault weapons. In what appears to be an unrelated incident, the owners of Steve's
                                                     Army Surplus in Big Bear Lake and Crestline have been arrested on suspicion of,
                                                     and sales of, illegal weapons, reported San Bernardino Sheriff's officials.

Arrested last Wednesday, just after 10 a.m. in his Big Bear store, was Stephen
                                                     Hinkle on a $15,000 warrant charge. His wife, Catherine, was later arrested at their
                                                     Crestline store after deputies arranged to purchase illegal weapons from them.

Confiscated from both their Green Valley Lake home and from both stores, deputies
                                                     found several illegal knives, one assault rifle and an inert military grenade.

According to officials, the pair have been under investigation since early September.

Stephen Hinkle was booked into the local jail. Catherine Hinkle was booked into
                                                     West Valley Detention Center in Rancho Cucamonga.

Bail for the suspects was set at $15,000 each.
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 10:22:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Poor bastard needs a new wife.
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 10:26:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Poor bastard needs a new wife.
View Quote

Too damn late for that. Sounds like time to kick ass.
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 10:28:26 AM EDT
[#3]
This is why I doubt I'll ever get married.

themao [chainsawkill]
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 10:29:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Inside the home, deputies recovered some 30 unregistered assault weapons
View Quote

[b]Unregistered[/b]

If only he had spent $20.00 and filled out 10mins worth of paperwork he would still have them.
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 10:38:03 AM EDT
[#5]
The grenades, if live, would be enought o make him go away and his weapons confiscated. In CA, dummy grenades can get you time. I wonder what kind of 'illegal' knives his guy had in his home. Ownership of switchblades is not illegal.

Sounds to me like this guy was dealing in "assault weapons".
According to officials, the pair have been under investigation since early September.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/22/2001 10:39:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 10:40:56 AM EDT
[#7]
If only he had spent $20.00 and filled out 10mins worth of paperwork he would still have them.
View Quote

until such time when the communists decide you cant have them

Link Posted: 11/22/2001 11:24:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Yup, just the hand grenades would have put his ass in jail. Maybe he had poastban knives that he converted to preban??? Why would any citizen need grenades for?
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 12:00:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Could be an interesting case but he will probably plea bargain because of the hand grenades, maybe not they don't mention if they were live or dummies or what.

Interesting because there is currently a bill to extend the registration time for LEOs. It's come to the State's attention some LEOs have UNREGISTERED Assault Weapons! So the defense could claim it's so convoluted LEO's can't figure it out.

The Fresno DA is actually suing the State because he says the laws are so confusing as to be unenforcable!

So I guess it ain't over until it's over!
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 12:06:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Inside the home, deputies recovered some 30 unregistered assault weapons
View Quote

[b]Unregistered[/b]

View Quote

Yea...right!  After all, owning a firearm is a priveledge not a right....is that what you are saying?  I do not support laws designed to take away my 2nd ammendment rights!!

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 12:23:22 PM EDT
[#11]
California, New York, and New Jersey will get smacked down soon.  The terrorists are keeping the DOJ a little busy right now, but when its done they are going to get the treatment that Alabama, Mississippi, et al got for Jim Crow via the Federal Court system.  Judical activisim works [i]both[/i] ways.

Just wait and see...
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 12:51:30 PM EDT
[#12]
He should of owned a few AR-15s!  Apparently police love them in CA!

[url]http://www.zwire.com/news/newsstory.cfm?newsid=2646099&brd=1197&PAG=461&CATEGORYID=0[/url]
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 2:39:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Not a very smart woman to get the breadwinner thrown in the slammer.  Either very dumb or very vindictive.  I wonder if it was because he forgot to take the garbage out or missed their anniversary or some BS like that?
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 2:47:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

[b]Unregistered[/b]

View Quote

[b]Registration is the tool of tyrants-in-the-making[/b]
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 3:03:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Also, IIRC, this is not the first time unregistered "AWs" have been seized, and the owners arrested.
Unfortunately.
View Quote

No, there was a guy in Oakland who had a house fire and I guess his safe melted and the firemen/LEO's found unregistered SURs in there and busted him. This was last year. And there have been a few cases since then.

But considering all the unregistered SURs there are in this state, the odds of getting caught are nil unless you do something really stupid or the "better half" or a relative gets you in trouble on purpose.
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 3:51:01 PM EDT
[#16]
The AR-15 is not a machine gun. One squeeze of the trigger delivers one round. The rifle delivers a .223 caliber (or5.56mm) round. Officer Rodd Joseph,
View Quote

funny in the hands of civilians its an [red]assualt rifle[/red] [bold]BUT[/bold] in the hands of the california police its just a [red]semi auto rifle[/red]

[blue]speld rong 4 the hel of it[/blue]
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 4:30:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Unregistered illegal knives!!! Super duper evil! Whoa...
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 6:52:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Just add another reason to avoid the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia..[puke]
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 8:48:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

until such time when the communists decide you cant have them

View Quote

Which is why I "confiscated" my silly ass out of the PRK at the earliest opportunity.

Registering guns....the very suggestion would earn you an old school beatdown here in Texas.
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 9:04:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Yup, just the hand grenades would have put his ass in jail. Maybe he had poastban knives that he converted to preban??? Why would any citizen need grenades for?
View Quote

Why would you want grenades in your house?  What if one of them went off?  If you survive, try explaining that to the fire marshal.
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 9:17:20 AM EDT
[#21]
they dont just "go off" anymore than a shotgun shell can just "go off". i agree though. having a grenade is just asking for trouble.
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 9:21:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Why would you want grenades in your house?  What if one of them went off?  If you survive, try explaining that to the fire marshal.
View Quote

"What if one of them went off"?  Military grenades are designed to withstand battlefield conditions.  It seems very unlikely that one would spontaneously "go off" while sitting in a closet.

Why someone would want to have the grenades at home in the first place is another question.  Were they actual fragmentation grenades or just dummies?  Or they might even have been smoke or CS grenades -- I doubt that a reporter would know or care what the difference was.

Link Posted: 11/23/2001 9:25:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 9:27:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why indeed.  Why have powder in your house, if a fire ignited the powder, boom.  Same with a gun, if it went off........the horror.  

As Renamed said, they should be fine at home.   If it was legal to own real grenades, and they were affordable, I'd probably have a few.  Anyway, they were probably smoke grenades.

Link Posted: 11/23/2001 9:33:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Why would any citizen need grenades for?
View Quote

To defeat the Bazooka armed squirrels of course!![rocket]

Sgtar15
This is my [b]AIrsoft[/b]rifle, there are many like it, but this one is [b]Kalifornia[/b] legal.
[img]http://www.redstorm.com/images/m16_inv.gif[/img]

Link Posted: 11/23/2001 9:41:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Not a very smart woman to get the breadwinner thrown in the slammer.  Either very dumb or very vindictive.  I wonder if it was because he forgot to take the garbage out or missed their anniversary or some BS like that?
View Quote

The poor bastard either forgot to put the seat up and pissed on it, or he didn't put it back down when he was done.  [}:D]

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 9:42:53 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
California, New York, and New Jersey will get smacked down soon.  The terrorists are keeping the DOJ a little busy right now, but when its done they are going to get the treatment that Alabama, Mississippi, et al got for Jim Crow via the Federal Court system.  Judical activisim works [i]both[/i] ways.

Just wait and see...
View Quote

ArmdLbrl, as much of an optimist as I try to be, I severely doubt that we'll see the DOJ going after CA, NY, and NJ any time soon.  Guns still aren't popular.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 9:45:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Which is why I "confiscated" my silly ass out of the PRK at the earliest opportunity.

Registering guns....the very suggestion would earn you an old school beatdown here in Texas.
View Quote

Exactly!  Even the liberals down here know not to mess with the gun issue.  Ann Richards got her ass handed to her because she wouldn't sign CHL legislation.  I like to think that one bad decision on her part helped put good old GW in the whitehouse now.  I could just kiss that old hag!  [:D]

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 10:34:05 AM EDT
[#29]
I wouldn't call this the S hitting TF.  When these guns are illegal in KA, they are going to be taken when found.  That is what the law/SB23 does.
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 11:18:40 AM EDT
[#30]
Prior to 1999 you were allowed to own de-milled hand-grenades.  

These sound like trumped up charges.

1) Hand gernades are de-milled.
2) Knives in a house, what's not legel????
3) Didn't know guns had to be registered.

Media plays along with the DA, but they sould be questioning the charges and these so called illegal items.

Welcome to Kalifornia.

Link Posted: 11/23/2001 3:14:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Yes, us Kalidiots are just going to stand by and watch.

Do you expect me to shoot someone over this?
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 3:37:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top