Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/22/2001 7:26:36 AM EDT
While in Penn Station this morning I stopped into one of the magazines shops to kill some time before my train arrived.

Anyhow, I picked up [b]Combat Handguns Magazine[/b] and inside they did a review of the [b]Dan Wesson Firearms Pointman Guardian Duce[/b] serial #DWE0260

I'm the registered owner of that pistol. When I was looking at purchasing a 45 they said I would have to wait about a month for a new one to be built. Me being very impatient said I wanted one NOW...the rest is history. I bought the magazine test model.
So far no problems, I'm was so happy with the 45 I bought a Dan Wesson Revolver AND .22LR Rifle too!
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 7:29:36 AM EDT
[#1]
So, did you buy the mag?

Michael
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 7:32:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 7:34:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
here's hoping it was a good review [beer]

mike
View Quote

hahahaha...good one.

Michael
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 11:54:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Geez, I didn't even know that Dan Wesson was still in business!

Their revolvers were such junk that everyone I ever talked to that owned one had nothing but trouble and had to send them in for repair more than once.  Lot's of bad heat treating and cylinder timing problems.  The first time I stood within 10 feet of my friend's 44 Mag I think more lead sprayed me through the barrel-cylinder gap than went out the muzzle!!  I had to go to the ER so they could pick the chunks out of my cheek.  Thanks God for shooting glasses!!

Sorry, Waverunner, I don't mean to dampen your new purchase.  But whatever you do, don't let anyone you like stand anywhere near you (including sides and back) when you're firing your Dan Wessons.
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 12:15:52 PM EDT
[#5]
My Dan Wesson 14-2 .357 was the first handgun I bought (1985), and I love it.  Just recently, I found that a spring was weak, so I called them and they sent two of them for free.  That's what I call customer service.  And yes, they are still in business.
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 3:57:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Geez, I didn't even know that Dan Wesson was still in business!

From what I understand they were out of business awhile back but now they're under new management. Well, regardless of past history, I was willing to take a chance on them and was quite happy with what I received. Can't say I'm having the same problems you experienced with the revolvers.
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 3:58:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So, did you buy the mag?

Michael
View Quote

Oh yeah...I guess I should
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 11:15:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The first time I stood within 10 feet of my friend's 44 Mag I think more lead sprayed me through the barrel-cylinder gap than went out the muzzle!!  I had to go to the ER so they could pick the chunks out of my cheek.  Thanks God for shooting glasses!!

The DW revolvers had interchangeable barrels, and were furnished with feeler gauges to set the proper gap between the cylinder and the forcing cone. I would suspect that perhaps the gap on your friend's specimen was out of spec. Thank God for shooting glasses is right!

FITTER out
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 5:09:38 AM EDT
[#9]
It's all my fault and I take full responsibillity. [:)]

BTW Ray, I got my Upgrade kit installed and she's running like a champ.

[:)]I LOVE my DW .45[:)]
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 5:22:22 AM EDT
[#10]
I've owned two DW revolvers and they were, hands down, the most accurate of all the Rugers, S&Ws and even the revered Python I owned.  Had a 10 inch .357 I used for shilouettes for several years.  Thousands of 180 grain wrist breakers and the only problem was a broken ejector rod (my fault).  Fitter nailed it; lead shaving is due to improper setup.

Eddie
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 6:10:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It's all my fault and I take full responsibillity. [:)]

BTW Ray, I got my Upgrade kit installed and she's running like a champ.

[:)]I LOVE my DW .45[:)]
View Quote

Yeah? but hows the dick, dude?[;)]
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 6:51:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top