Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/22/2001 6:45:32 AM EDT
[url]http://www.coa.edu/publications/otw/OTW9900/OTWeb5/amanda.html[/url]

People like this are just asking to become a statistic.
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 6:52:39 AM EDT
[#1]
She says she doesn't feel safe because her father has a gun. She feels safe because he is THERE.

That's all fine and dandy, but what about HIS feelings? Let's get real 'men are from mars women are from venus' this topic.

She FEELS secure with her father. Her father FEELS insecure without a gun. She should RESPECT his feelings and ACCEPT that it is necessary for him to own a gun so he can be more easily assured that his family is safe.

What a bunch of touchy feely crap.

Link Posted: 11/22/2001 7:14:48 AM EDT
[#2]
This lady deserves whatever will befall in the future, as she will always be dependent on someone else for her well-being. By the time something awful affects you personally it will be too late for her to do anything about it personally.  I remember the huge lines at the local gun stores during the '92 L.A. riots.  Typical remarks such as "what doya mean I can't take it home now? I have my family to protect," were pretty common. Her pop will not/can not be always around to protect her. Ah youth does have its innocence.
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 7:19:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Who really cares what she thinks, or where she feels is a safe place? Who cares if she doesn't like guns and hates to be around them? Who will care should she become a statistic someday because she chose not to think ahead and prepare to face the real world?

If she only wants to feel safe at home and on campus then so be it. I feel safe everywhere because I keep a gun on my hip. It is a feeling of security knowing that I can defend myself and my family should the need ever arise.

Who here cares how I feel because I carry a gun? I'll tell you who...nobody. The same as who cares about what this girl thinks. As soon as more people realize that nobody in this world really gives a shit about you other than your family, and sometimes not even then, maybe we can get rid of all this PC bullshit.

Michael
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 7:38:34 AM EDT
[#4]
But guys, she FEELS safe! That's the only thing that matters!!
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 7:43:26 AM EDT
[#5]
[size=5][red]L I B E R A L   S T U D E N T [/red][/size=5]
Who'd a thought! [;D]
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 7:44:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Wbat a dumb broad.
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 7:58:44 AM EDT
[#7]
I can't believe who ever wrote it is serious.  Our campus has to have it's own police force nowdays.

It's surely one of the more dangerous spots in town.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
[url]http://www.coa.edu/publications/otw/OTW9900/OTWeb5/amanda.html[/url]

People like this are just asking to become a statistic.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 8:18:43 AM EDT
[#8]
sounds like she really doesn't know whats what.
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 8:19:51 AM EDT
[#9]
College of the Atlantic
105 Eden St
Bar Harbor ME 04069

[url]http://www.apbnews.com/resourcecenter/datacenter/crimecheck/campus/schooldetails.asp?id=275[/url]
[url]http://www.apbnews.com/resourcecenter/datacenter/crimecheck/result.html?zip=04609[/url]

And just for fun:

[url]http://www.apbnews.com/resourcecenter/datacenter/crimecheck/campus/schooldetails.asp?id=1493[/url]
[url]http://www.apbnews.com/resourcecenter/datacenter/crimecheck/campus/schooldetails.asp?id=506[/url]
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 8:23:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 8:39:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 8:56:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Cocked and locked beat me to the point. She will live out her life in the safety of her government retirement home, with nary a thing to show accomplished in her life,.. SHEEP!
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 9:05:44 AM EDT
[#13]
I have found its much more productive to offer to take these people shooting instead of maligning their ignorance.  Those that refuse only admit that ignorance is their bliss.  Merely mentioning that they have no clue automatically puts them on the denfensive and accomplishes nothing.
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 9:22:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Cop at Indy 500:" "Hey! which one of you guys threw that head of lettuce at me? It hit me in the head!"

Guy stoned on marijuana:"Wow man. Can you describe the lettuce?"

(For SOME GUY IN A HAT)
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 10:15:04 AM EDT
[#15]
I wonder if she is single.
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 1:40:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 1:52:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Who really cares what she thinks, or where she feels is a safe place? Who cares if she doesn't like guns and hates to be around them? Who will care should she become a statistic someday because she chose not to think ahead and prepare to face the real world?

If she only wants to feel safe at home and on campus then so be it. I feel safe everywhere because I keep a gun on my hip. It is a feeling of security knowing that I can defend myself and my family should the need ever arise.

Who here cares how I feel because I carry a gun? I'll tell you who...nobody. The same as who cares about what this girl thinks. As soon as more people realize that nobody in this world really gives a shit about you other than your family, and sometimes not even then, maybe we can get rid of all this PC bullshit.

Michael
View Quote

People like her are the ones who get involved with anti-gun politics because they think "it will never happen to them", and that if it does, the police will be there in the blink of an eye to save her. Giving her statistical evidence that the police are usually cleanup crews for crime scenes always conflicts with their politics and they don't want to hear it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top