Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/12/2008 7:31:47 AM EDT
Just got a BATFE informational bulletin regarding a new law in Cali. I as a FFL must get approval from the CADOJ before I can ship a gun to California! I have to register with them and every time I send a gun there get an approval letter before I can ship. What a load of shit! From now on I will not sell anything to California. Oh and by the way non FFL's are exempt from this law. I will scan and post the letter later on tonight.
Link Posted: 6/12/2008 7:35:33 AM EDT
[#1]
PRC, lol, guess you else calls them selves The Peoples Republic?
Link Posted: 6/12/2008 7:36:35 AM EDT
[#2]
It has been truly official for a long time.
Link Posted: 6/12/2008 7:36:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Oh you don't have a FOID card? No you can not buy ammo or look at any guns......
Link Posted: 6/12/2008 7:37:37 AM EDT
[#4]
It's been official for a while.  This just makes extra-double-super official.
Link Posted: 6/12/2008 7:38:57 AM EDT
[#5]
It is enemy territory.
Link Posted: 6/12/2008 7:45:46 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Oh you don't have a FOID card? No you can not buy ammo or look at any guns......

The FOID is not all that bad. At least I don't have to ask the state .gov every time I want to buy a firearm from someone out of state!
Link Posted: 6/12/2008 7:48:08 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The FOID is not all that bad. At least I don't have to ask the state .gov every time I want to buy a firearm from someone out of state!

I don't either, you do as the shipper
Link Posted: 6/12/2008 7:53:19 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Nah, you can look all you want, you just can't touch
Link Posted: 6/12/2008 7:55:38 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, that's what people said here about FACs(Firearm Acquisition Certificate), then all of a sudden we had a full registration and PALs(Possession & Acquisition License).

So now with PALs, you are breaking the law if you let your license lapse or if you have any guns that aren't registered.
Link Posted: 6/12/2008 7:56:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Wow. Someone from IL calling CA FUBAR.....

Great avatar, BTW.
Link Posted: 6/12/2008 7:56:37 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup.  And the state can transform you into a criminal by changing the rules.  We all have that problem, but your state has "probable cause" in the form of FOID registration + non surrender of new banned items to come into your house "hut hut hut" in the middle of the night.
Link Posted: 6/12/2008 7:57:18 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
It is enemy territory.

I'm no enemy
Link Posted: 6/12/2008 7:57:58 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
<snips>
I as a FFL must get approval from the CADOJ before I can ship a gun to California!

I have to register with them and every time I send a gun there get an approval letter before I can ship.

Oh and by the way non FFL's are exempt from this law.
</snips>

You as an FFL would be shipping ONLY to another FFL, am I right?
Therefore how would this make a damn bit of sense?

I will not sell anything to California.

I sure can't say I blame ya. I wouldn't deal with that either.
Link Posted: 6/12/2008 7:59:19 AM EDT
[#14]
In before the California defenders.

Max
Link Posted: 6/12/2008 7:59:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Yes, its another hassle, but its real time online, and takes about as long as booking an airline flight online.

And this didn't originate with the state, this came from the retailers here that are trying to cut into internet sales and transfers (like GunBroker).
Link Posted: 6/12/2008 8:01:37 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It is enemy territory.

I'm no enemy

You are living behind enemy lines...
Link Posted: 6/12/2008 8:05:10 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
It is enemy territory.

I'm no enemy

I'm still no enemy.

arfcom team member and NRA member.

Link Posted: 6/12/2008 8:06:28 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Max

Not from me!
Link Posted: 6/12/2008 8:09:52 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
It is enemy territory.

I'm no enemy

I'm still no enemy.

Consider yourself a POW, then.
Link Posted: 6/12/2008 8:11:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/12/2008 8:11:22 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
It is enemy territory.

I'm no enemy

I'm still no enemy.

Heh. I should be out of here within the year. Actually, I'm 100% certain. I just graduated, waiting for grad school to start up.
Link Posted: 6/12/2008 8:12:19 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It is enemy territory.

I'm no enemy

I know, which is why I'll still ship to CA residents, just not LE or state agencies.  You are living in occupied territory, though, and as a resident of free America, I'd like to encourage you to flee while you can.
Link Posted: 6/12/2008 8:13:51 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
It is enemy territory.

I'm no enemy

I'm still no enemy.

Do you consider yourself a POW? Living in New York.
Link Posted: 6/12/2008 8:14:56 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Just got a BATFE informational bulletin regarding a new law in Cali. I as a FFL must get approval from the CADOJ before I can ship a gun to California! I have to register with them and every time I send a gun there get an approval letter before I can ship. What a load of shit! From now on I will not sell anything to California. Oh and by the way non FFL's are exempt from this law. I will scan and post the letter later on tonight.

as i understand it(we just regged our shop) its like doing another EZcheck.  that said, were not fucked. if anything(wich we didnt start thinkin about untill yesterday) it may help shops, as it may dissuade other from buying out of state.

that said, i do think it is a true crock of shit.

the other thng that sucks, is we have to save the letter you ship with the weapon for 3 years and write another number in our A&D logs.
Link Posted: 6/12/2008 8:21:46 AM EDT
[#25]
<SNIP>

Heh. I should be out of here within the year. Actually, I'm 100% certain. I just graduated, waiting for grad school to start up.

I'm in a similar situation... I plan on emigrating to Free America within a year or two.  I used to think that staying here and fighting the good fight was the best way to go but nowadays a tactical withdrawal may be my best bet.

btw That's an interesting avatar Leadbetter what's the story behind it?
Link Posted: 6/12/2008 10:02:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/12/2008 10:05:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Obama will ban all Semi-Auto weapons during his second term (So get used to this agenda it's commin to a state near you ...
Link Posted: 6/12/2008 10:06:21 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It is enemy territory.

I'm no enemy

He loves his state, but fears its politicians.

<<California expatriate.
Link Posted: 6/12/2008 10:09:55 AM EDT
[#29]
They have an embassy not too far away from here.

Link Posted: 6/12/2008 10:25:37 AM EDT
[#30]
The requirement is a PIA but that is what happens when "the sky is falling" people get into power.  Yes CA is bad and you may not wish to sell that is up to you.  The prices here are higher than average and you will just loose out.  Do us a favor and sell to the masses not to the power.  We still are fighting to roll back bad bills.  If Obama gets into power then look at Illinois as to what he wants for the rest of the country.

watch your backs.

jerry
Link Posted: 6/12/2008 10:35:51 AM EDT
[#31]

... Under Penal Code section 12072(f) federal firearms licensees are required to obtain a unique verification number for the recipient (if, and only if, the recipient is also a federal firearms licensee)...

I should know this, but is it even legal in CA to ship a firearm to a non-FFL from out of state?  The only time I can think of where it might be legal is if an owner ships a firearm to a gunsmith or manufacturer for repair.
Link Posted: 6/12/2008 10:39:42 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No you just have to pay to get a premission slip once every what two, three years. Then if you forget to renew it your fucked.
Link Posted: 6/12/2008 10:43:06 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

... Under Penal Code section 12072(f) federal firearms licensees are required to obtain a unique verification number for the recipient (if, and only if, the recipient is also a federal firearms licensee)...

I should know this, but is it even legal in CA to ship a firearm to a non-FFL from out of state?  The only time I can think of where it might be legal is if an owner ships a firearm to a gunsmith or manufacturer for repair.

I thought it was illegal to ship accross any state lines to any non-ffl holder (expect manufacturers, and C&R purchases), not just California.
Link Posted: 6/12/2008 10:43:24 AM EDT
[#34]
I should have said Cali gun laws are totally FUBAR, not the whole state. It is crazy that they impose restrictions on FFL's, yet leave non FFL's alone!
Link Posted: 6/12/2008 10:47:55 AM EDT
[#35]
It's called the "Left Coast" for a reason.

Shite now that fence Gov. Tom McCall wanted to build along the Oregon/Calironia border really sounds like a great idea.  Too bad we didn't do in the the late 60's and early 70's when he talked about.

Wish all the ex-pat Californian's would move back to California and take it back from all the liberal trash.

Remember Free men own guns, slaves don't.
Link Posted: 6/12/2008 10:49:47 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought it was illegal to ship accross any state lines to any non-ffl holder (expect manufacturers, and C&R purchases), not just California.

If you ship a firearm to a gunsmith or manufacturer for repair, there is no federal law preventing it from being shipped back to you.  What I don't know is if CA has a state law preventing it.
Link Posted: 6/12/2008 10:50:16 AM EDT
[#37]
It is all more BS!  What is the definition of "shall not be infringed?"
Link Posted: 6/12/2008 10:51:39 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you ship a firearm to a gunsmith or manufacturer for repair, there is no federal law preventing it from being shipped back to you.  What I don't know is if CA has a state law preventing it.

No there isn't, as long as you own the gun, you can ship it to a gunsmith or manufacture, and have it sent directly back to you.

Edit: The exception being if you send a handgun back that went kaboom, and they sent a new frame with a different seriel number on it. I believe that would have to go to an FFL, becuase handguns are registered here)
Link Posted: 6/12/2008 11:43:40 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
No there isn't, as long as you own the gun, you can ship it to a gunsmith or manufacture, and have it sent directly back to you.

Edit: The exception being if you send a handgun back that went kaboom, and they sent a new frame with a different seriel number on it. I believe that would have to go to an FFL, becuase handguns are registered here)

Thank you.  In that sense, CA is no different than the rest of the country.

AB2521 was a bill that was sponsored by the CA-DOJ and it was not opposed by the California Association Firearms Retailers (CAFR).

I expect the retailers didn't oppose it since it effectively removes a good chunk of their internet competition.
Link Posted: 6/12/2008 11:53:38 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Max

Well that's ok, because I need to hear the other side of the story if there is one. All I know about California comes from people on the internetz who hate it, or all of the people who have moved from there to here to escape for some reason.
Link Posted: 6/12/2008 12:19:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Ok, now I'm ticked.  I signed up on the CA DoJ web site as an FFL so that I could ship product to CA.  In my confirmation email they sent back my login id and password as cleartext.  The lack of security by the folks who created this thing certainly give me the warm fuzzies... NOT!!!!
Link Posted: 6/12/2008 12:30:11 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It is enemy territory.

I'm no enemy

Hell no you aren't an enemy. Consider it more like occupied France except you aren't inclined to surrender. You're a freedom fighter!
Link Posted: 6/12/2008 12:37:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 6/12/2008 12:44:22 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

That's not how it went for a friend of mine (in Cali) who had a frame failure on his S&W Airlite revolver several years ago.

He sent it to S&W out of state for repairs.  They shipped back a gun with a different serial number directly to him.

The DoJ has no procedure for dealing with that situation.
Link Posted: 6/12/2008 1:06:05 PM EDT
[#45]
OST
Link Posted: 6/12/2008 9:59:04 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
It is enemy territory.

I'm no enemy

I know, which is why I'll still ship to CA residents, just not LE or state agencies.  You are living in occupied territory, though, and as a resident of free America, I'd like to encourage you to flee while you can.

that's ok, most of the guys bitching that they'll never do it have never done it.
Link Posted: 6/12/2008 10:03:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Time to break out the map..

Link Posted: 6/12/2008 10:04:51 PM EDT
[#48]

Link Posted: 6/12/2008 10:08:13 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It is enemy territory.

I'm no enemy

No, but you are behind enemy lines.
Link Posted: 6/13/2008 5:15:21 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Time to break out the map..

img240.imageshack.us/img240/2650/newamericamj4.jpg

MAP OF FAIL!

Los Angeles and San Francisco are still there, just located in Nevada. Those two cities are the libtard cancer of California.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top