Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/21/2001 6:56:36 PM EDT
I met the President and the First Lady today. When he gave his speech today on post, I was about 15 feet (to the front right) from him the entire time. Afterward, I was able to shake his and his wife's hand. For me it was a thrill and I am honored for the opportunity. I wouldn't have been able to say the same thing about meeting the president a year ago...

High Performance Tactical Gear!
[url]www.Lightfighter.com[/url]
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 7:03:50 PM EDT
[#1]
That is awesome Lightfighter...did you get to be in one of the many shots on the news?
Great speech he gave too.
BTW, congrats for being one of the few reasonable people on Assault Web. [;)]
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 7:07:55 PM EDT
[#2]
How are things at old FTCKY anyway been quite awhile since I've been over there?  Sounds like you had quite a day at any rate.
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 7:21:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Bravo man!

I would love to meet the President and First Lady.

How cool!
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 7:30:30 PM EDT
[#4]
That's awesome!  It's great to have a President that is a leader and not a poll driven puppet.  Bill Clinton didn't visit very many military facilities when he was in office (I can't call him President) and for good reason.
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 8:13:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I hate Bill Clinton.

I know we could do better than GW Bush, but compared to Gore? I thank my lucky stars every day he's our CINC.
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 8:39:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Damn! I guess I missed it. I'm heading to Fort Campbell soon myself, 2002/01/16.
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 9:07:52 PM EDT
[#7]
I am lucky enough to work from home and saw the entire speech on CNN as well as the Defense Secretary's.  Both were excellent and a real uplifting and emotional moment.  We are so very fortunate that we have the military that we do and the current leadership that is willing to use it to defend our way of life. God Bless our armed forces and NCA.  You guys rock!

Can you just imagine what would have happened if that idiot Bill Clinton was in office on 9/11?  
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 1:23:27 AM EDT
[#8]
I have an idea of what you mean, I met President Nixon, and the way he looked and spoke to me were like magic, the people around me asked if he knew me, that was an incredible experience and a great example of a great "politician".
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 5:28:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Bill Clinton came to Fort Campbell last year. He didn't even stop to say howdy; we were nothing more than a nearby airport for him as he made fund raising appearances for Al Gore. No one even noticed!

I was honored to have met Bush, jr., and I am convinced that he is a sincere and honoroable man doing his best. He is a politician and we all know what that means, but that does not warrant alot of the crap some people say about him. GWB is going to be on of the great ones in history, I think (perhaps because of his character and perhaps because of his circumstances).

Rikwirter, thanks for the compliment. I think there are many reasonable people at AW.net, but a [b]very[/b] vocal 20% minority really sticks it out for the rest of us. I have done what I can to be fair and honest in my dealings there, and cannot pretend to be able to do that for everyone. There is a ton of good information on that site and someimtes it just takes little bit of shoveling to find.

High Performance Tactical Gear!
[url]www.Lightfighter.com[/url]
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 6:08:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 6:17:22 AM EDT
[#11]
i wish i could meet bush. i don't even know what i'd say. i'd get a ride in his truck and go ATVing with him. that'd be fun.
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 6:48:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Met Governor Bush while while working in State Emergency Ops Center in Austin.  During major flood with 29 counties flooded and 31 fatalities....he came in and received briefing and then spent time with each agency providing support.

Took his time to chat and offer support.  From dealing with him in our state, he is a regular guy.  
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 8:51:35 AM EDT
[#13]
I got to meet his father on New Years Day in Somalia.
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 1:34:49 PM EDT
[#14]
IronMike,
I have also got the opportunity to have met Mr.
Nixon. He really was the most remarkable man.
He has always been my favorite President, and I still believe he would have been the greatest President ever if he was not ran out of office.
He really cared about this country and was only trying to the best of his abilities to fix the problems of the system. He just pissed off a few too many people that did not want to lose their piece of the pie. There is a lot more to the Nixon story that the majority of the people will probably never know about.
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 3:36:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Just another thread where I can post RAKKASAN!

Joe
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top