Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/7/2008 11:28:04 AM EDT
Esp. for those with kids
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 11:29:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, they don't look as appealing. I don't have kids, so this is just for me.
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 11:30:28 AM EDT
[#2]
I have dogs, I don't care what they watch
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 11:30:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Seems like everything is R-rated these days that are not direct for kids stuff.
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 11:31:51 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't rent movies that aren't R rated.
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 11:33:12 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Yes, they don't look as appealing. I don't have kids, so this is just for me.

Exactly.  If it's not an R, I don't rent it.  That's my only problem.
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 1:21:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't screen my movies by rating, but I often find the ones I watch are PG or PG-13.

Just make your kids watch Red Dawn every day!

Really though, you might try a service like Blockbuster Online or Netflix, you can probably search the titles by rating and they have thousands.  That may help.

There are allegedly video rental clubs that offer edited movies with the sex/profanity taken out, but they were the subject of some copyright suits a while back and they may not be around anywhere.

I have also heard of online services specializing in family-friendly movies, but couldn't find one in a simple online search.  Maybe I'm not Googling the right terms.

You could always ask people at your church, if you go, or at your kid's various activities if they know of anyplace.

Hope all of this helps.
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 1:30:19 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I don't rent movies that aren't R rated.

Never rented Jeremiah Johnson? You're missing out!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top