Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/7/2008 9:16:49 AM EDT
the shoe itself is in pretty good condition but the soles are faded and not very shiney.

Has anyone tried to shine the sole?  Are they meant to be shined with polish or should I just leave them be.
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 9:18:35 AM EDT
[#1]
We always used edge dressing to get it shined up.  Never tried polish.  
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 10:06:22 AM EDT
[#2]
how does edge dressing work?
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 10:09:15 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

It's just like painting with gloss black paint.  Make sure you put some newspaper down on the floor where you are applying it, and set the shoes on there when you are finished.  
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 10:10:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Yep that what I used for the 5 times I wore them.

FREE

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's just like painting with gloss black paint
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 10:19:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, get the edge dressing. You can re-black yor soles with polish, but it will leave black marks on clothing or carpet for a long time, since the polish doesn't dry or get rubbed into leather.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top