Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/6/2008 7:13:24 PM EDT
This is culled from two books I own:

FUBAR by Gordon Rottman, and WAR SLANG by Paul Dickson.  I cleaned the language up for a "G" rating here, but go ahead and substitute the word that the soldiers REALLY used, and have fun.  These terms were used between World War II and today.

COMMFU = Completely Monumental Military Foul Up.

FUBAR = Fouled Up Beyond All Repair (sometimes "Recognition" is used instead of "Repair" so take your pick).

FUBB = Fouled Up Beyond Belief.

FUMTU = Fouled Up More Than Usual.

JAAFU = Joint Anglo American Foul Up.

JACFU = Joint American Chinese Foul Up.

JAFDIP = Just Another Frigging Day In Paradise.

JANFU = Joint Army Navy Foul Up.

SAPFU = Surpassing All Previous Foul Ups.

SNAFU = Situation Normal, All Fouled Up.

SUSFU = Situation Unchanged, Still Fouled Up.

TAIFU = Things Are Incredibly Fouled Up.

TARFU = Things Are Really Fouled Up.

TAFU = Typical Army Foul Up.

TUIFU = The Ultimate In Foul Ups.

So there are all the different types of military foul ups.

And to think, I got through typing all of that without saying "fuck" a single time.

Whoops!

Link Posted: 6/6/2008 9:29:08 PM EDT
[#1]
But.......you left out BOHICA............Bend Over Here It Comes Again!
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 9:34:09 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

EVERY Infantryman who has ever served knows what that is like
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 9:37:16 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

That was our platoons motto in PLDC, until the SGL's found out. One though it was funny.  
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 9:38:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I spent most of my time in the Infantry as a gardener, repairman, garbage man, dock worker, janitor, crossing guard, baby sitter, night watchman, water boy, bus driver, ferrier, courier, typist, publicist, and various other tangential shenanigans so I was too busy being continually fucked to necessitate bending over for it to come again.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 10:17:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Correction ANYONE who has served knows that one regardless of branch or job.

I'm in Army Aviation and have have been throughly introduced to BOHICA.  And after 7.5 years in the military, neither bending over nor lube isn't required anymore.

some stand out examples.  there are many more but I can't think at this late hour.
1.  when I went active duty I go through the REPO DEPO and get to my unit and am told.  Shipping out in 5 weeks.  I find out that the personal goods conex was locked and sealed the day prior so I had to make room for my stuff in other containers that techincally should not have been allowed.

2. when I was in the Nat. Guard.   3 extensions one was the day before were were supposed to re-deploy to Kuwait.

3.  For some reason Christmas 2007 we were orderd not to  leave the area we were under restriction.  Well we found out that it was a lie.  It was ONLY our COMPANY and that it was ony us LOWER ENLISTED that were restricted.  All our officers got to go home to their families.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 10:18:42 PM EDT
[#6]
ROTF: Relying on the French
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top