Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/6/2008 1:30:44 PM EDT
Well I have been using Franks.  I decided to experiment with the others.  So I got Franks, Crystal, and Texas pete's.  I shouldn't have bothered Franks is twice the hot sauce the others are.  With Texas pete's a 2nd and Crystal a distant 3rd place as far as flavor and hotness.  

I picked up this other hot sauce and it didn't seem even as hot as Franks to add to it.  It's called Jamaica Hell Fire Hot pepper concentrate 4 in 1.

I want my lips to burn like when i order them for a restaurant I get them from, but I don't know what they use for sauce.  
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 1:33:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, please someone cough up a good reciepe
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 1:36:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Hose them down with FOX Labs. Your mouth will burn like no other.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 1:36:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I like Crystal for flavor but for heat I toss the last toss in lousiana wildly wicked wing sauce.

Always use real butter.

ETA this will give you medium to hot wings.

For more heat you can add some of the chinese hot pepper oil to the mix. Thats what I have seen done in the past at the local wing joints. They just add some to the sauce. But a little goes a long way with that stuff or you will be in pain.

You can also use fresh peppers and cut them into large chuncks and boil them in the sauce for a few to heat it up more. Just be careful as you can hurt yourself that way to.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 1:38:35 PM EDT
[#4]
recipe?!?  

A bucket with lid in which you dump:
- stick of butter
- garlic powder
- bottle(s) of you favorite hot souce

Drop hot wings in bucket with above stuff.

shake.

Link Posted: 6/6/2008 1:43:02 PM EDT
[#5]
the original buffalo wing sauce, and the sauce still used by most chain restaurants, is pure cayenne pepper sauce (frank's, IIRC) mixed with melted butter.  no fancy ingredients are needed.  tabasco and similar sauces contain vinegar, which will result in a major change in flavor profile.  the commercial/consumer grade sauces (like dave's insanity sauce and tiger sauce) are formulated for maximum capascin content, not flavor.  they use a variety of peppers to achieve this.

different people like different things, but if you prefer the traditional buffalo style, start out with a 1:1 ratio of cayenne sauce to butter and adjust to desired heat.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 1:44:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
For more heat you can add some of the chinese hot pepper oil to the mix.

good suggestion.  asian-style mustard root is also a very good ingredient.

another option is pure sriracha.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 1:47:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Go with a Habanero sauce.  I've had this one, lets just say, it'll light your fire.

www.mohotta.com/category/26
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 1:47:44 PM EDT
[#8]
From someone who tried Chicken Wings in Buffalo the year they were invented, and has sampled countless recipes:

Deep fry wings, if at all possible.

Franks, with *minimal* (if any) melted butter.

Anything else is just needless tinkering/experimentation.

ETA: Serve with Blue Cheese, and celery.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 1:49:08 PM EDT
[#9]
I use no butter as it makes the sauce less spicy
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 1:54:42 PM EDT
[#10]
For bottled hot sauce I'm partial to Trappey's Red Devil.  It is simply cayenne pepper mixed with vinegar.  Good flavor, moderate heat (coming from a guy who doesn't often eat spicy food).  I like it better than Frank's.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 2:01:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Last and only time I ordered the atomic suicide wings from our local place, it came with some kind of hot powder on them.

Eyes started watering and nose burning from just the smell coming out of the box when they arrived.  Delivery driver was even crying.

Couldn't even eat them.  
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 2:04:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Here is my 10 wing recipe.  This is also a reduced fat one., me I use real butter as I would rather die happy. I have tryed it the lower fat way and its still damn good. I just only keep real butter on hand. Just doube as need etc.

Needed

10 chicken wings
1/4 cup Crystal Lousiana Hot Sauce or Frank's Red Hot Cayenne Sauce
1/4 cup Fleishmann's Fat-Free Buttery Spread
1 tablespoon water
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 cup milk

Sauce first

Combine butter or fake butter with water and sauce and heat in a sucepan over medium/low heat blending. Once boiled remove from heat but keep it on warm. Just not boiling anymore unless you want to ruin the sauce and make it damn near impossable to breath. When Chicken is done you will need to pour the sauce into a bowl with a tight fitting sealing lid.

For wings prep and cook.

Combine flour, alt, paprika, adn cayenne pepper in a bowl. Milk into another.
This is what you will bread them with.
Bread then milk then bread. Savvy
Ensure each one is well coated (read squeeze lightly with breading)

Now cook the little bastards in a fryer. When they get brown like done brown take them out of the fryer. Rest them briefly so the oil can fall off them. Then strait into the sauce. Shake them up and serve them on a platter. Enjoy.

Damn I am hungry now
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 2:04:56 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Last and only time I ordered the atomic suicide wings from our local place, it came with some kind of hot powder on them.

Eyes started watering and nose burning from just the smell coming out of the box when they arrived.  Delivery driver was even crying.

Couldn't even eat them.  

Have you always been a communist
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 2:07:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Add some Dave's Insanity Sauce.  That'll fix ya.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 2:08:27 PM EDT
[#15]
deep fry wings
put in fry pan with tblspn of butter/and garlic and dash of cayannne
toss in butter in pan for about 2 min- pan will be real hot.
squirt in franks and sizzle/toss till coated- serve
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 2:12:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Hooters wing sauce is good and the HOT is pretty HOT!
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 2:14:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Only pussies bother with wings.  Real men just eat raw habenaros smothered in daves insanity sauce.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 2:14:44 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Add some Dave's Insanity Sauce.  That'll fix ya.

Yep for some mild, great tasting wings either daves insanity or some blairs after death sauce.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 2:19:42 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

NO Butter = Fried Chicken with hot sauce. Grose. He wants good wings. Not gas station wings.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 2:42:49 PM EDT
[#20]
The best hot Wings had a parade in their honor in Detroit today!
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:19:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:23:19 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
The best hot Wings had a parade in their honor in Detroit today!

Did the parade leave the green zone ??
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:28:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Simmer some Texas Pete’s until it gets a little thick – no butter.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:31:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Louisiana Hot sauce  with melted butter
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:51:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Frickers "Killer" wing sauce/
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:55:00 PM EDT
[#26]
We used to use Ass Blaster at a restaurant I worked at.  
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 8:16:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Look up Alton Brown on youtube he just did a wing episode.  That man rocks.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 11:30:28 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
We used to use Ass Blaster at a restaurant I worked at.  

You ever play "wing hunt"?
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 11:39:58 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

The HOT wings at Hooters don't even register on the hot scale. I eat the 3 Mile Island ones like they are going out of style. Now the Wingstops Atomics will make your eyes water just smelling them. They're damn good though.
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 4:28:52 AM EDT
[#30]
I had some recently that were GOOD. I asked for them very hot, and the cook added some wasabi to the sauce. Tasty!
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 4:42:57 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
recipe?!?  

A bucket with lid in which you dump:
- stick of butter
- garlic powder
- bottle(s) of you favorite hot souce

Drop hot wings in bucket with above stuff.

shake.

That's what I do!
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 4:46:17 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The HOT wings at Hooters don't even register on the hot scale. I eat the 3 Mile Island ones like they are going out of style. Now the Wingstops Atomics will make your eyes water just smelling them. They're damn good though.

The are kind of anemic. The blazin wings at Buffalo Wild Wings are not bad.
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 4:48:34 AM EDT
[#33]
i like the texas pete wing sause myself
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 4:50:06 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

there's your problem

use the butter.

and after you've tossed the wings with the sauce, sprinkle them with powdered cayenne and toss again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top