Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2008 9:32:18 AM EDT
Did I miss something?

Why is the government not pushing big-time for hybrid delivery vehicles? The economies of scale should help the consumer get cheaper and better hybrids. The postal delivery truck is very inefficient with all the stop and go. Hybrids with the regenerative system used in newer hybrids would save a lot of gas or diesel.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 9:33:46 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Did I miss something?

Why is the government not pushing big-time for hybrid delivery vehicles? The economies of scale should help the consumer get cheaper and better hybrids. The postal delivery truck is very inefficient with all the stop and go. Hybrids with the regenerative system used in newer hybrids would save a lot of gas or diesel.

I have seen Hybrid UPS vehicles in my AO.

In addition, the city has a ton of them too.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 9:35:48 AM EDT
[#2]
why be wanting the .gov to do something most people wont do? that is buy and drive a hybrid
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 9:36:42 AM EDT
[#3]
I haven't seen any USPS hybrids yet, but I have seen FedEx hybrids and even busses are now hybrid.  They are even lowering the fare for the busses because of the money they are saving in fuel costs from these things.  
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 9:41:01 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
why be wanting the .gov to do something most people wont do? that is buy and drive a hybrid

(assuming I can interpret your post)

The .gov has been pushing hybrids on the people (tax write-offs and such).  If it's good enough for us, why isn't it good enough for the .gov?  
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 10:03:23 AM EDT
[#5]
They are out there. They have to meet spec on a lot of things. In the northern states they will not work right. They have done alot to up grade their facilatys to greener energy.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 10:04:37 AM EDT
[#6]
It is a good idea. My city is also putting alot of hybrid buses into it's transportation system.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top