Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2008 5:24:45 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 5:26:49 AM EDT
[#1]
We're such pansies about our sports. IF that were a soccer match anywhere else in the world it would have been a STADIUM clearing brawl.

ETA - and it's a good thing those guys don't bat like they hit or nothing would ever happen in baseball.

Juuust a bit outside.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 5:36:30 AM EDT
[#2]
In another angle you see Coco or whatever the hell his name is escape the fight under some guys legs.

It was like a cartoon fight moment.

Link Posted: 6/6/2008 5:38:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Nice.  The only difference between the Red Sox and the Yankees is that the Yankees win more.  I like the shots at Coco when he is down!
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 5:42:07 AM EDT
[#4]
that was almost the fight i have been waiting to see my entire life!  if shields would have landed that haymaker it would have been over!  those run out and tackle each other fights are lame.  there were some blows landed lastnight.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 5:45:15 AM EDT
[#5]
All because of a hard slide to second during the previous game.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 5:45:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Wow that makes in the only exciting baseball game EVAR!
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 5:48:44 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Nice.  The only difference between the Red Sox and the Yankees is that the Yankees win more.  I like the shots at Coco when he is down!

Um, I hate to actually use fact in a statement but have you checked the current standings? Also, who won the world series this year?
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 5:52:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Trying to hit the batter in the balls with a 90mph pitch.. of course its going to start a fight..  
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 5:54:43 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
that was almost the fight i have been waiting to see my entire life!  if shields would have landed that haymaker it would have been over!  those run out and tackle each other fights are lame.  there were some blows landed lastnight.

You would love this one that opccurred a few years back at Pawtucket, Boston's AAA club

www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD9nUK0jGlU&NR=1
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 5:58:19 AM EDT
[#10]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

Um, I hate to actually use fact in a statement but have you checked the current standings? Also, who won the world series this year?hinking.gif

Uh, no one, its only June. The World Series is in October. If you mean last year then that wouldve been Bahston.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 5:59:27 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Boston and Tampa Bay go at it every year. There's some serious bad blood between the teams.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 6:04:07 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

But that hard slide was brought on because the SS for Tampa Bay put his leg/knee down to block Coco from reaching the bag on a steal attempt an inning before.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 6:05:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Now that they dont fight in the NHL as much anymore, its good to see that.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 6:07:51 AM EDT
[#14]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
All because of a hard slide to second during the previous game.hinking.gif

But that hard slide was brought on because the SS for Tampa Bay put his leg/knee down to block Coco from reaching the bag on a steal attempt an inning before.

Thats what you should do. Ever wonder why catchers block the plate?
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 6:08:53 AM EDT
[#15]
It's a good thing they are paid to play baseball instead of fight.  Those guys fight like a bunch of girls.  
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 6:11:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Niether Crisp or the pitcher can throw a punch worth a dang  
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 6:11:36 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ummm, which is why you slide hard into the player. Block the base, expect a hard slide. Don't get butt hurt and whine when it happens.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 6:12:52 AM EDT
[#18]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
All because of a hard slide to second during the previous game.hinking.gif

Thats what you should do. Ever wonder why catchers block the plate?hich

Dont get butthurt and whine when you get thrown at either. Its a part of the game.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 6:12:56 AM EDT
[#19]
I don't watch baseball, but is that guy's name seriously Coco Crisp? Sounds like a cereal.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 6:18:43 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ummm, which is why you slide hard into the player. Block the base, expect a hard slide. Don't get butt hurt and whine when it happens.

Dont get butthurt and whine when you get thrown at either. Its a part of the game.

Noone whining that I saw. Batter charged the mound after he got plunked.

Manager was whining to the press after Wednesday's game about the slide. Ironically during a preseason game (against the yankees i think) he was all cheery when one of his players bowled over the catcher at a play at home.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 6:20:31 AM EDT
[#21]
I just despise the Red Sox, and the Yankees too for that matter. Would be nice to see the D-Rays or the O's win the division for once.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 6:26:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Use the bat boy, Use the bat..
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 6:27:16 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Um, I hate to actually use fact in a statement but have you checked the current standings? Also, who won the world series this year?

Uh, no one, its only June. The World Series is in October. If you mean last year then that wouldve been Bahston.

sorry that is what I meant.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 6:30:56 AM EDT
[#24]
YANKS!!!!
Most WS of all time, how many does boston have?????
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 6:34:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 6:40:33 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
YANKS!!!!

Must be the gold thongs their players wear.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 6:41:41 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Use the bat boy, Use the bat..

Assault with a deadly weapon with lots of witnesses.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 6:46:35 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Boston and Tampa Bay go at it every year. There's some serious bad blood between the teams.

Im surprised how well the rays are doing this year  And Tampa has Legends feild(right accross the street from Raymond James feild)for yankee spring trainging so a lot of Yankee fans here......Hell they even have TBY on the stadium.  So yeah lots of Yank fans....lots of Boston fans in FL too.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:10:17 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
YANKS!!!!

And now they suck like the Jets. What is your point?
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:59:30 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Im surprised how well the rays are doing this year  And Tampa has Legends feild(right accross the street from Raymond James feild)for yankee spring trainging so a lot of Yankee fans here......Hell they even have TBY on the stadium.  So yeah lots of Yank fans....lots of Boston fans in FL too.

Those types are usually called snow birds.  
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 8:06:55 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hate the fukin Yankees. Best players money can buy it's too bad they're not a good team..
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 8:11:28 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Those types are usually called snow birds.  

No..not this time of year....these are transplants
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top