Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2008 4:39:44 AM EDT
any one have wild blue satelite service,we live in the sticks and are trying to get off dial up,was wondering how it was good or bad tell me your experince
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 4:45:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I used to work for a company that sold it.  Some customers hated it, some loved it.  Keep in mind that it will never be as fast as DSL.  I don't have any personal experience with it.  I think the biggest complaint was that it was too expensive.  At one time (couple of years ago), they oversold the amount of connections that their satellite could handle.  Some people complained that it actually became slower than dial-up.  I'm pretty sure they put up another satellite since then and resolved that issue, but it could happen again.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 4:51:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I am currently testing a solution using a Verizon PC card for Broadband and a EVDO router.

It works pretty well and depending on the location I am gettting DSL speeds with it, enough to run a computer and VOIP.

Now I am not real happy with the current EVDO router and have another on order, that from most reviews I have read will resolve the issues I am having.

We are looking at about 12 of these rollouts if I can get it to stay up for more than 24 hours without a reset on the router.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top