[#2]
We're not even close.

And I'm IBTP
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 1:05:50 AM EDT
[#3]
IBTP

Link Posted: 6/6/2008 1:08:00 AM EDT
[#4]
In certain areas?  A hurricane, tornado, or earthquake away.  Or a good-sized race-riot.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 1:08:14 AM EDT
[#5]
You like to post paranoid threads at night don't you?
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 1:12:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Any radioactive release whether nuclear fusion/fission or release of radioactive material (cesium e.g.) will result in martial law in the "impacted" area.

We need a Constitutional Amendment to prevent disarming in time of crisis/martial law or that will be the priority.

I still can't believe I saw genuine search and disarm lines (staffed by .mil, not ARFcoms whipping boy, JBTs) at the Superdome.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 1:13:40 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

My meds start to wear off by this time of day.  
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 1:19:50 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My meds start to wear off by this time of day.  

"Another war at the end of Bush's term"

"America turning into 1930's Germany"

ones off the top of my head

Oh, and I for one welcome our Jack booted overlords
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 1:31:42 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

nobody wants to be afraid alone..
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 1:35:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Dude, WTF about the last option?!?!?!

Link Posted: 6/6/2008 2:07:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 2:09:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 2:14:29 AM EDT
[#13]
not close at all
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 2:15:35 AM EDT
[#14]
All your answers suck.

To get a good perspective on the subject go visit North Korea.  Or hell just get out of North America.

For and example go try taking pics of cops and .gov buildings in other countries and get back to us.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 2:29:15 AM EDT
[#15]
hey I was right then
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 5:17:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Does it matter?
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 5:57:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Any of us could be picked up and successfully prosecuted by an over zealous DA. A lot of law enforcement agencies would be willing to help - the number of convictions increases there status. Most federal agencies will even manipulate the evidence for a conviction, if they thinks you are guilty

There are enough laws on the books today to convict any of us of a felony. Just a couple of things come quickly to mind; have you ever had a gun in the car and parked within 1,000 feet of a school, or walked while armed within 1,000 feet of a school(you might not have even known the school was there)? Have you taken, or given, a prescription drug to someone not on the bottle.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 6:51:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Good lord, I've been hearing this crap since the Clinton years....

take your meds, man, or up the dosage....
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:05:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:07:05 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
All your answers suck.

To get a good perspective on the subject go visit North Korea.  Or hell just get out of North America.

For and example go try taking pics of cops and .gov buildings in other countries and get back to us.

+1

Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:08:55 AM EDT
[#21]
I wouldnt call it martial law but try to list one thing we do in our lives that isnt regulated, taxed, or subsidized.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 10:21:23 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Apparently, a lot of people have no idea what "martial law" or "police state" actually mean.

Yeah.  A police state is a government that arrests people for whatever reason it wants.  One method of doing this is making a million little laws that no one can ever know that criminalize normal, innocent behavior.  

Like being in possession of a single brass cartridge casing.  Or driving too close to a school with a gun in your car.  Or any number of other asinine laws currently on the books in various states.

eta: And just because North Korea is far worse doesn't make us GOOD by any means.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 1:24:13 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Apparently, a lot of people have no idea what "martial law" or "police state" actually mean.

Yep, rampant stupidity raises it's head again here.  As usual.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 1:31:21 PM EDT
[#24]
I agree with 1Andy2. I've lived through many hurricanes in FL and lived without power in south florida for three weeks. Even when natural disasters hit and the NG comes in, we're far from having our doors busted in and people arrested for no reason. There is a curfew after dark, but i see no harm in it, as everything is closed and there is no power whatsoever.

I'm worried about economic collapse and food/gasoline shortages, which would cause major problems. Aside from WMD attacks, and a flooding in poor areas like NO, I dont see martial law anytime soon.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 1:52:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Wait until these jackasses run outta credit and can't fuel their Lexus' or Lincoln Navigators, or don't have anything leftover for the Wallyworld Supercenter to buy food. The National Guard will have to return from Iraq.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top