Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/6/2008 12:33:18 AM EDT
Will Bush do an 'October Surprise' and attack Iran so that McCain can trump Obama with his ex Military and a war hero credentials and become POTUS?
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 12:36:05 AM EDT
[#1]
No. It would help Obama.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 12:39:13 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
No. It would help Obama.

"We are at war, we need a man of proven experience as Commander in Chief"
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 12:40:10 AM EDT
[#3]
We're at war right now on two fronts.  Who needs a third?
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 12:42:01 AM EDT
[#4]
I personally don't think so, now if we start moving a lot of Air and Naval assets over building up over a month or two then we know something is up.  
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 12:43:03 AM EDT
[#5]
No, because President Bush doesn't send troops into harms way for political purposes.

He never has and isn t going to start now.

Link Posted: 6/6/2008 12:43:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 12:44:14 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
No. It would help Obama.

That logic already applies to the two conflicts in progress.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 12:44:18 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I personally don't think so, now if we start moving a lot of Air and Naval assets over building up over a month or two then we know something is up.  

Limited cruise missile strikes from ships/subs already in the Persian Gulf and B2's out of Diego Garcia/Fairford… a show of force, determination if you will. No build up required.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 12:47:03 AM EDT
[#9]
tag
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 12:47:12 AM EDT
[#10]
No. And nothing short of free pussy will help McFriend.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 12:48:25 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Limited cruise missile strikes from ships/subs already in the Persian Gulf and B2's out of Diego Garcia/Fairford… a show of force, determination if you will. No build up required.

That was Clinton's style, fire cruise missiles to divert attention away from scandals or to make himself look like a tough guy.

Bush does not order strikes based on political timetables or for political gain. Period.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 12:50:41 AM EDT
[#12]
That would be extremely unlikely, and would not go over incredibly well with the populace.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 12:55:48 AM EDT
[#13]
The described action would likely ensure BHO's election.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 12:58:18 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
The described action would likely ensure BHO's election.

So... then maybe he will do it?
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 12:58:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Nope.  but nice try
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 12:58:38 AM EDT
[#16]
No. I really doubt they would put American lives at risk over so flippant a cause. If there is any action over Iran before the election, (which we both know there won't be), it's going to be because of their nutcase leaders developing nuclear weapons. Not because Bush wants to give his buddy an edge in the election.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 1:00:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Let the UN work.  Wait.  It doesn't.  And hasn't.  But it is about damn time.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 1:06:59 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A limited strike IMHO will be a failure and will most definitely cause average Iranian to get really pissed off who will then side with the Mullahs.  Thus setting back the clock on the Mullahs downfall, IMHO there are better ways of dealing with the Mullahs and their nuke program.  It looks apparent that the Mullahs are going to let a moderate replace Ahmadinejad in 2009, if it is Laranjani we should start talks with him.  If Iran will stop promoting terrorism and put a stop to their nuke weapons program, we then can lift things like the frozen money that has been sitting in the US and open free trade.  Of course, one wouldn't immediately give them everything, you let them make progress then you give a reward for it.  With free trade, Iran could be a economic powerhouse in the Middle East which would satisfy their Persian pride in being a power player in the region.  I could see Iran doing quite well in that respect since Iranian's aren't afraid to work unlike a lot of Arabs in the Arabian Peninsula.

IMHO, if your going to use force, you use it Gen Sherman style, farking destroy not only nuke sites, military targets but everything logistical; powerplants, bridges, dams, crops, factories, refineries, etc.  Not PC  nor makes the locals love you but it truly is hard to make nukes when you have no power and all your industry is under rubble.  

ETA: If my writing isn't perfect, Polish Luksusowa potato vodka is to blame.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:13:18 AM EDT
[#19]
No, McCain ain’t going to need in help stomping the empty suit jr. messiah.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:15:07 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
No. It would help Obama.

you sir, are smart.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:15:09 AM EDT
[#21]
I don't think so, not unless Iran directly threatens the US in any way.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:15:43 AM EDT
[#22]
No, because doing so would help the Empty Suit more.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:15:54 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
No, because President Bush doesn't send troops into harms way for political purposes.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahaha

Now THAT was funny.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:16:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Don't you think an attack in October would be a bit obvious? what would creating a 3rd front do?

I remember a guy in the 30s and 40s that went to war on multiple fronts. He didn't do so well with that.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:16:57 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now THAT was funny.

You find the truth funny?
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:17:16 AM EDT
[#26]
I dont think he will order it to help McCain, but I think he will do it anyway.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:19:52 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now THAT was funny.

<-----------DU is to the left
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:21:48 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I dont think he will order it to help McCain, but I think he will do it anyway.

He might, if he thinks it is the right thing to do he will... but McCain ain't going to come in to it.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:26:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Iran has done an excelent job of hardening their enrichment sites, nuclear proliferation is bad, I almost think TBM proliferation is worse since it allows for the comparitively easy and cost effective construction of hardened facilities. I have doubts that an air strike, even using B-2s with MOPs could do significant damage to the Iranian nuclear program short of using nuclear warhears. (of which each B-2 can only carry one, I'd hate to think how the asymetric carriage of such a large payload would affect flight characteristics)

Even if we were going to go down that path, we have a limited number of B-83s in the stockpile and no means to replace them

on an unrelated note, posting using a pda is a pain in the ass
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:27:48 AM EDT
[#30]
WTF? That would only ensure a McCain loss...
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:28:45 AM EDT
[#31]
You "three front" guys realize that Iran is in between Iraq and Afghanistan right ?

We aren't talking about South Pacific vs North Atlantic. Iran is attacking us now. It's just a matter of time.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:30:14 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Will Bush do an 'October Surprise' and attack Iran so that McCain can trump Obama with his ex Military and a war hero credentials and become POTUS?

This would/will back-fire big time.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 9:33:36 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

So an attack on Iran in October would make you vote Democrat?
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 9:36:42 AM EDT
[#34]
I do not think that it would help McCain.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 9:37:17 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:
No. It would help Obama.

you sir, are smart.

AH, but what if he did it after BHO is elected, but before January??????
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 9:38:12 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
No. It would help Obama.

Exactly.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 9:38:58 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:
No. It would help Obama.

We're ALREADY at war, vito.  
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 9:43:08 AM EDT
[#38]
Did anybody in Iran mess with Bush's daddy?  If not, they're probably safer than that guy in Iraq was.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 9:43:30 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So an attack on Iran in October would make you vote Democrat?

No, but I think it will whip the dems into a frenzy and they would turn out in record numbers.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 9:44:27 AM EDT
[#40]
That'll only hurt the Republican candidate.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 9:45:08 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
No. It would help Obama.
...This is the correct assessment , Too many Dems out there..They hate the Republicans, it would only add fuel to the fire storm against us.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 9:45:35 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

A big YES, using our puppet nation England
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 9:46:07 AM EDT
[#43]
He will order the attack in retribution to some offense (some sort of attack) - not to win the election
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 9:48:21 AM EDT
[#44]
Sidebar: I heard that Iranian military bases are deserted because they think the US or Israel is about to launch raids so their military is hiding with civilians.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 9:50:49 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A big YES, using our puppet nation England

Isn't England a State like Canada is?
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 9:54:08 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 9:54:43 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

QFT what the fuck is wrong with the OP's logic!?
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 10:03:59 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
No. It would help Obama.

+1
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 10:06:51 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That was Clinton's style, fire cruise missiles to divert attention away from scandals or to make himself look like a tough guy.

Bush does not order strikes based on political timetables or for political gain. Period.

And he has paid for it politically.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 10:08:24 AM EDT
[#50]
I think Israel just said they will attack Iran.

Next slide.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top