BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/5/2008 8:25:11 PM EDT
I wonder what his rifle was.

Link

Homeowner kills intruder

Jun. 5, 2008 07:02 AM
12 News

Phoenix police are investigating the shooting of a suspect near 59th Avenue and Thomas. A homeowner shot and killed an intruder, police say.

A homeowner says he woke up Thursday morning when he heard someone banging on his front door. He says the next thing he knew the suspect was trying to get inside his bedroom. As the door flew open, the homeowner says he grabbed a rifle and shot the intruder.

The suspect died on scene. Police say a gun was found near him.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:26:26 PM EDT
[#1]

Sounds like a good shoot.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:27:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Could have been an AR15.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:27:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds good to me
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:29:33 PM EDT
[#4]
same sorta story here this week check this out

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=717215
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:29:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Screen name of one or both?
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:34:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Never read of many self defense situations that involved rifles.  I am glad the owners were not harmed by the invaders.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:36:08 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Screen name of one or both?

Sublime!!
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:47:00 PM EDT
[#8]
According to other posts, that homeowner is now deaf, and may try to sue the family of the henchman for damage to his hearing.

A policeman at the scene made a note of an MSPAINT drawing displayed on the homeowners laptop during crime scene investigation.

Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:48:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
According to other posts, that homeowner is now deaf, and may try to sue the family of the henchman for damage to his hearing.

A policeman at the scene made a note of an MSPAINT drawing displayed on the homeowners laptop during crime scene investigation.

Ok, that was MUCH better than the usual "Wonder what his SN was?"

Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:48:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Sounds like a good shoot.  I, too, wonder what kind of rifle it was.  Could've been anything from a hunting rifle, to a milsurp bolt-action, to an AK/SKS or Garand, or an AR15.  
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:50:26 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Sounds like a good shoot.  I, too, wonder what kind of rifle it was.  Could've been anything from a hunting rifle, to a milsurp bolt-action, to an AK/SKS or Garand, or an AR15.  

could have been a .22 rifle for all we know.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:51:59 PM EDT
[#12]
I bet the rifle was "high powered."
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:52:40 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

could have been a .22 rifle for all we know.

True.  

Quoted:

A pistol is still plenty loud enough to cause permanent hearing damage.  If firing rifles indoors was so much more hazardous than doing the same with pistols and shotguns, LE/MIL wouldn't be using SBR's for CQB...
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:53:15 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Probably one of dem high-powered automatic assualt rifles with that shoulder thing that goes up that is only designed to kill by firing from the hip and sprays bullets randomly into playgrounds and schools.  At least that's what they'd call it if it was a bad shoot.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:53:35 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

If it were a military type rifle it would have been described as such. Either, high powered, assault rifle, military type, law enforcement type, AK-47, M-16, or street sweeper. Since the media failed to mention this fact, the only rifle that would fit the category would be a bolt action .22, or possibly a 10/22 as a stretch.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:55:29 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If it were a military type rifle it would have been described as such. Either, high powered, assault rifle, military type, law enforcement type, AK-47, M-16, or street sweeper. Since the media failed to mention this fact, the only rifle that would fit the category would be a bolt action .22, or possibly a 10/22 as a stretch.

Perhaps the media doesn't know what type of rifle was used because LE didn't feel a need to release that information ?  If it were a bad shoot, the details of the weapon used would be present.  
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:57:26 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Unless, you know, the media doesn't want to report positive use of such firearms.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:59:37 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Unless, you know, the media doesn't want to report positive use of such firearms.

Good point.  
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 9:05:33 PM EDT
[#19]
An important point is missing, LE forgot to tell the public to never confront an attacker.
That dead disadvanteged man was most likely just looking for ice cream, and that evil oppressive property owner shot him.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 9:12:51 PM EDT
[#20]
I like AR15's so I'm sure it was an AR15. I reject your reality and submit my own.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 9:15:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Wonder why he did not dile 911 and wait for the police.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 9:50:58 PM EDT
[#22]
I think he used a GAU-8A.........

Anyone care to make a wager?
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 5:20:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Nice
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top