Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/5/2008 3:19:07 PM EDT
have a interview setup for a position in montana... that while researching i have discover is in a minuteman field...

IE a really big target in any nuclear exchange.

edit:
the town is in a missile field
(lewistown, mt)
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 3:19:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Hell yes.

Best security anywhere, and if it comes to launching your gonna be fooked no matter what.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 3:23:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Why not.

I live 20 minutes away from Oak Ridge.

Just another day.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 3:25:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Wouldnt bother me. Missle fields are so spread out that unless you specifically went looking for a missle you probably wont find one and with much driving to finally find one.

Truthfully if you look around where you currently live, im willing to bet you will find that your living next to a target right now.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 3:25:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes. when the world comes to an end I want front-row seats.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 3:25:45 PM EDT
[#5]
The chances of getting hit by an ICBM aren't what they used to be. Sure, the possibility still exists, but if the nukes are flying anyway, maybe you'll get out cheap
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 3:26:43 PM EDT
[#6]
No sweat. Drove through threre many times as a kid. Lived in Hays,Hardin,Roundup,Billings and East Glacier. Have family near there.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 3:31:05 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
No sweat. Drove through threre many times as a kid. Lived in Hays,Hardin,Roundup,Billings and East Glacier. Have family near there.

how is the area? looks nice and secluded, and land is cheap, but housing looks hard to find and I assume most land has water issues>
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 3:33:40 PM EDT
[#8]

Hell yeah! Who wouldn't want front row seats for the fireworks?
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 3:36:32 PM EDT
[#9]
<------My bunk used to be next to tube #15.

NFW would I deliberately put myself in the center of a non-mobile bullseye.  I'll take my chances with the potential aftermath.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 3:37:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Sure. Why not?
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 3:39:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Oh yeah.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 3:43:01 PM EDT
[#12]
All land is going up in price in Montana do to people from california,texas,washington state. The country is nice.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 3:43:21 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
have a interview setup for a position in montana... that while researching i have discover is in a minuteman field...

edit:
(lewistown, mt)

Would?  Pretty much have been for the last 35+ years.  If the balloon ever went up KC & western-central Missouri would be a glowing crater.  Front row seats to nuclear fun & games

Less of a worry now (so far).  If any dirka dirka dickhead terrorists get ahold of a nuke they're more likely to use in in a well populated, symbolic area (NYC, DC, etc).  If things go sideways with the ChiComs or a resurgent communist/nationalist Russia then why not be in a position to enjoy the lightshow up close.   Unless you're in BFE any decent sized city will get some.  
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 3:43:26 PM EDT
[#14]
That would be awesome.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 3:44:44 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

NFW would I deliberately put myself in the center of a non-mobile bullseye.  I'll take my chances with the potential aftermath.

+1

You guys who wouldn't even try to survive are pussies. I really have a fondness for being alive and I'll do what I can to keep that way.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 3:44:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Tucson Arizona is a former missile farm.  There were 16 Titan II ICBMs spread from NW of Tucson to Wilcox AZ.  Plus Davis Monthan AFB doesnt help having the bone yard as a target as well.  

No worries dude.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 3:49:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Supposedly, there are a ton of those things in Wyoming.  To hear some of the old guys talk you'd think there was one in the front yard of every house.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 3:51:02 PM EDT
[#18]
I would.  Yes, it's a target - but it ain't going to be the first thing hit.

Plus, you have thousands upon thousands of acres to get lost in if you need to get lost.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 3:51:03 PM EDT
[#19]
I live in the Wyoming/Nebraska/Colorado Missile fields about 16 days a month . The other days I have off and am at home with my family.

Link Posted: 6/5/2008 3:52:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Why not? I used to work right on top of Cheyenne Mountain. Sure, the Rooskies might try to nuke their way through a half mile of granite to get to NORAD, but by God, they had to go through me to do it!  
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 3:52:05 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

You guys who wouldn't even try to survive are pussies. I really have a fondness for being alive and I'll do what I can to keep that way.

What's pussy is living your life like a paranoid rat.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 3:54:13 PM EDT
[#22]
I would recommend no.  We are at a low point right now in terms of ICBM exchanges, but that could change after 2012.  China is presently building a new generation of ICBM's that can reach all of the US, and there is a growing danger of intended or accidental war in the coming decades as china is determined to encorperate Taiwan and control the pacific ocean.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 4:04:52 PM EDT
[#23]
I live in the state with the biggest Ammo Depot,Missile? can I have one?

Pwease
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 4:06:59 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

edit:
(lewistown, mt)

Exactly where in Virginia do you live right now that leaves you outside a target zone?

Fun and Games In Virginia

Link Posted: 6/5/2008 4:07:04 PM EDT
[#25]
its freakin awsome (and beautifull) in lewistown, mt, there 5 gun stores that are pretty damn big for a town with only 3 gas stations.  i have spent lots of time in lewistown, if you want any more info PM me.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 4:08:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Yes. I grew up in a small town in northern Ontario, North Bay. Since Diefenbaker sold us out on the Arrow, we got Bo-Mark missiles and they were only a few miles from my house.

I've already done it.

Link Posted: 6/5/2008 4:13:38 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Why not? I used to work right on top of Cheyenne Mountain. Sure, the Rooskies might try to nuke their way through a half mile of granite to get to NORAD, but by God, they had to go through me to do it!  

Did you get to see the Stargate?
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 4:14:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Fun and games in NC

Seymour Johnson AFB is less then 1 mile from me.

I'm toast.

edit for pic code.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 4:17:54 PM EDT
[#29]
actually I am in franklin virginia right now so I am outside the blast radius of and upwind of all the Hampton roads targets
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 4:32:32 PM EDT
[#30]
used to live close to a SAC Base with a small Nuclear Power Plant,if the Sh*t is emminent could I just have a Beer,BBQ and see yer ol' Ladies Nanners before I'm blown to bits

Small thing to ask and I will give my appreciation
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 4:42:20 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

edit:
(lewistown, mt)

Would?  Pretty much have been for the last 35+ years.  If the balloon ever went up KC & western-central Missouri would be a glowing crater.  Front row seats to nuclear fun & games

www.webpal.org/d_resources/states/mo.jpg

Less of a worry now (so far).  If any dirka dirka dickhead terrorists get ahold of a nuke they're more likely to use in in a well populated, symbolic area (NYC, DC, etc).  If things go sideways with the ChiComs or a resurgent communist/nationalist Russia then why not be in a position to enjoy the lightshow up close.   Unless you're in BFE any decent sized city will get some.  
Think Whiteman AFB missiles were deactivated.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 4:48:37 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Hell yes.

Best security anywhere, and if it comes to launching your gonna be fooked no matter what.

Truth
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 4:56:08 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

edit:
(lewistown, mt)

www.webpal.org/d_resources/states/mo.jpg

Think Whiteman AFB missiles were deactivated.

Could be, the map is from 1990.  And who is to say the Russians or ChiComs have retargeted accordingly.  Doesn't matter if the Whiteman AFB missiles are gone if the missiles aimed at them haven't been updated (lack of $$$$ or commie paranoia that the deactivation was a scam).
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 5:00:19 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

edit:
(lewistown, mt)

I'm glad to say that this sort of concern is so far down my list of worries that I'll naver come close to checking off the higher-priority concerns on the list.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 5:04:22 PM EDT
[#35]
I wear a Pocket Rocket (Missile Badge). Hell Yes I would live there! Missile aren't scary.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 5:09:25 PM EDT
[#36]
I live 2.5 miles away from NSA's huge new facility here in SA.  I'm pretty sure it's gonna be on somebody's target list.  Probably more so than an ICBM field.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 6:41:56 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

What's pussy is living your life like a paranoid rat.

Not a Boy Scout, I take it.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:06:28 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I wear a Pocket Rocket (Missile Badge). Hell Yes I would live there! Missile aren't scary.

It's no big deal just hype
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:13:23 PM EDT
[#39]

That's one way to take care of the East St. Louis situation.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 9:33:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Done it, couple of times.  In fact, I work in one now.

Lots of courteous people in nice blue trucks to help you on the roads.  They bring lots of money and talent into the area.  And, let's face it, if we do our jobs right, you never have to worry about nuclear war, because we are accomplishing our deterrent mission.

And, let's face it, if your biggest worry is being a target for an ICBM, your life is going pretty well.

BTW--you'll like Ruby's in Lewistown.  Family-owned burger joint, awesome food, and their shakes are the best I've ever had.  (Highly recommend the huckleberry  )
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top