Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2008 2:24:03 PM EDT
My Samsung HD TV sound started cutting out will only return when the channel is changed on the cable box. The HD box was replaced and essentially solved the problem for the most part, but it returned again today.

Where does the problem lie? The Cable box only has a DVI output and my set has a HDMI input therefore I have a cable with DVI on one end and HDMI on the other and I run a red and white Phono plug set from the box to the TV for audio.

What is the likely problem? Is it DVI related?
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 2:33:09 PM EDT
[#1]
If your sound is going out and you're connecting it independently of the DVI connector then thats not the problem, since DVI doesn't carry any audio information.

Have you tried swapping out the audio cables?
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 2:43:26 PM EDT
[#2]
this has been happening to me as well.. Only not with HD, just a plain old DVR.

It just started happening after the cable co upgraded the system to include "On Demand".  The sound will cut out, you have to go the on demand channel for a moment, then you get your sound back.  They claim they know its an issue and are working to fix it.

You didn't by chance just have your cable system upgraded to include on demand did you?

rr
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 4:00:33 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
this has been happening to me as well.. Only not with HD, just a plain old DVR.

It just started happening after the cable co upgraded the system to include "On Demand".  The sound will cut out, you have to go the on demand channel for a moment, then you get your sound back.  They claim they know its an issue and are working to fix it.

You didn't by chance just have your cable system upgraded to include on demand did you?

rr

No, but they just added a number of new hd channels. Do you think the digital stream cuts out for a moment, and then the cable box can't resynchronize to it?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top