Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/5/2008 11:02:44 AM EDT
That's some funny shit right there.

http://www.motogp.com/en/videos/2008/Valentino+Rossi+shows+off+new+helmet+design+at+Mugello
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:04:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:07:10 AM EDT
[#2]

I can't believe no one thought of it before this. Great idea.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:10:31 AM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:15:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Good to see we have some MotoGP fans here!
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:22:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Rossi is The Man..
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:26:56 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Codes are your friend

Crap, sorry, too many things going on at once, I forgot a step.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:27:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:28:03 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Rossi is The Man..

the man right behind stoner...
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:34:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Rossi is simply amazing as a rider; more talent than has been present on the GP circuit for a long time
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:36:08 AM EDT
[#10]
There was a thread in Cars & Bikes about this, someone posted this video too.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:40:14 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Rossi is The Man..

Right Behind Niki
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:42:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:44:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Anyone remember the time he rode around the pits with an adult "blow up doll" on the back of his pit scooter?

THAT one pissed some people off.  
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:45:31 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Rossi is The Man..

Right Behind Niki

Rossi's pinky finger has won more races than Hayden...
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:51:02 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Rossi is The Man..

Right Behind Niki

Rossi's pinky finger has won more races than Hayden...

+1

Nicky had one good year in GP and that's about it. im happy when I see him in the top 7
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:53:54 AM EDT
[#16]
I ride cruisers, but a friend sent me that.

That stuff is too fast for my blood.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:55:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Rossi is cool.  I can't wait to see them all running at Indy in September.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:57:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:57:09 AM EDT
[#19]
BTW anybody that likes MotoGP and hasnt already picked up the documentary called "Faster" should do as soon as possible. Its a few years old now but still very good.

Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:58:53 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Nothing like clinging onto an engine on wheels doing 215-220MPH....

Link Posted: 6/5/2008 12:00:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Rossi is always thinking up some crazy shit.

I laughed when I saw that.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 12:02:05 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nothing like clinging onto an engine on wheels doing 215-220MPH....

One wreck at half that speed and plenty of spills, I'm good.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 12:43:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 1:27:54 PM EDT
[#24]
guys... I'm sorry... but when I saw that helmet I just could NOT resist...

Karma, forgive me...
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 1:30:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Absolutely love it
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 4:54:17 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Karma, forgive me...

i56.photobucket.com/albums/g169/franksymptoms/Funny%20stuff/motorcyclehelmet-karma1.jpg

Maybe I don't get it. I've seen the avatar but there must be someting else to this.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 4:58:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Now that is hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111eleven!!!
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 4:59:35 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Rossi is The Man..

Right Behind Niki

+1

ETA: Rossi may be fast but Nikki is a regular old down to earth guy, and a southerner no less
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 5:11:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Oh man.  Somebody needs to start selling different cloth covers for PASGTs.  How many would you buy?
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 5:14:05 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Karma, forgive me...

i56.photobucket.com/albums/g169/franksymptoms/Funny%20stuff/motorcyclehelmet-karma1.jpg

Maybe I don't get it. I've seen the avatar but there must be someting else to this.

Karma is a member here. He has achieved internet immortality as the "It Spins!!!" guy. His picture is the one photshopped by FrankSymptoms onto Rossi's helmet.

And now you know... the rest of the story.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 6:19:17 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Rossi is The Man..

Right Behind Niki

+1

ETA: Rossi may be fast but Nikki is a regular old down to earth guy, and a southerner no less

Niki is a good guy and I like to seem him do well but in reality he doesnt have anything against Rossi. Hayden had a really good year and has just been a part of the pack otherwise. He's got tons of ability but Rossi just had what it takes to win and win a lot. How many MotoGP champs does Rossi have under his belt, and how many on an inferior bike (once he went to Yami's from Honda?). He was able to win on a bike that wasnt close to what the Honda was and what the first year he went out on it?

What Id really like to see is that bitch Mladin attempt GP instead fo dominating AMA year after year.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 6:22:05 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Rossi is The Man..

Right Behind Niki

+1

Niki is a good guy and I like to seem him do well but in reality he doesnt have anything against Rossi. Hayden had a really good year and has just been a part of the pack otherwise. He's got tons of ability but Rossi just had what it takes to win and win a lot. How many MotoGP champs does Rossi have under his belt, and how many on an inferior bike (once he went to Yami's from Honda?). He was able to win on a bike that wasnt close to what the Honda was and what the first year he went out on it?

What Id really like to see is that bitch Mladin attempt GP instead fo dominating AMA year after year.

Damn Prison stock

ETA: for those that do not know Mladin is an Aussie and they were at one time a prison colony
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 6:42:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 3:53:48 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Rossi is The Man..

Right Behind Niki

+1

Nicky's dad Earl agrees with me.

www.roadracerx.com/article.php?article_id=170
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:48:29 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Anyone remember the time he rode around the pits with an adult "blow up doll" on the back of his pit scooter?

This was a sort of a joke/prank aimed at one of his [arch] rivals Max Biaggi, who was rumored at the time to have been dating Naomi Campbell.

Quoted:
*snip*

He was able to win on a bike that wasnt close to what the Honda was and what the first year he went out on it?

1. 2004 & 2005 were his first championships with Yamaha after winning 2001-2003 with Honda, 5 consecutive, with two different manufacturers.

2. Mladin has already had a stint in MotoGP with Cagiva after winning the Australia Superbike Championship and has said that it is not likely he will go back (whether that is "REALLY" true is still to be determined).  Interestingly there was some testing done at Phillip Island in Australia during which Mladin was lapping faster than the World Superbike guys. They of course chalked it up to a difference in the tires Mladin was using compared to what they had.

Mladin has lost the past 2 seasons to teammate Ben Spies, who is gunning for a MotoGP ride in '09, and will be riding a Wildcard spot for Suzuki in both the USGP races this summer at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca and at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.  If Mladin does not win this season and Spies goes to MotoGP (or another series) he will hang his AMA boots up with his 6 trophies.

With the proposed new rules from the Daytona Motorsports Group, 'top-tier' motorcycle racing in the US will be lame. Mladin has let his opinion of this be known, as well as stating that he will not be racing in the proposed new series.

ETA: Nicky Hayden
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:52:15 AM EDT
[#36]
It looked like he had a BFL on the side of his helmet.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 8:33:36 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This was a sort of a joke/prank aimed at one of his [arch] rivals Max Biaggi, who was rumored at the time to have been dating Naomi Campbell.

Quoted:
*snip*

He was able to win on a bike that wasnt close to what the Honda was and what the first year he went out on it?

1. 2004 & 2005 were his first championships with Yamaha after winning 2001-2003 with Honda, 5 consecutive, with two different manufacturers.

2. Mladin has already had a stint in MotoGP with Cagiva after winning the Australia Superbike Championship and has said that it is not likely he will go back (whether that is "REALLY" true is still to be determined).  Interestingly there was some testing done at Phillip Island in Australia during which Mladin was lapping faster than the World Superbike guys. They of course chalked it up to a difference in the tires Mladin was using compared to what they had.

Mladin has lost the past 2 seasons to teammate Ben Spies, who is gunning for a MotoGP ride in '09, and will be riding a Wildcard spot for Suzuki in both the USGP races this summer at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca and at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.  If Mladin does not win this season and Spies goes to MotoGP (or another series) he will hang his AMA boots up with his 6 trophies.

With the proposed new rules from the Daytona Motorsports Group, 'top-tier' motorcycle racing in the US will be lame. Mladin has let his opinion of this be known, as well as stating that he will not be racing in the proposed new series.

ETA: Nicky Hayden

Rossi stated the Yamaha wasnt as good of a bike at the Honda and they had to do tons of work to get it competitive. The Yamaha engineers were happy to have someone like Rossi who gives such good feedback on how the bike runs that they could make good changes.

I havent been paying much attention to AMA lately but Mladin always came off as a cry baby unless things were done exactly how he wanted them done. IMO he has a poor attitude. One of the best riders out there but....

Link Posted: 6/6/2008 9:39:36 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Rossi stated the Yamaha wasnt as good of a bike at the Honda and they had to do tons of work to get it competitive. The Yamaha engineers were happy to have someone like Rossi who gives such good feedback on how the bike runs that they could make good changes.

I havent been paying much attention to AMA lately but Mladin always came off as a cry baby unless things were done exactly how he wanted them done. IMO he has a poor attitude. One of the best riders out there but....

I agree, look where Yamaha got with Rossi and Colin "The Texas Tornado" Edwards, and now rookie Jorge Lorenzo.  I just found out that Biaggi did an (unsuccessful) stint with Yamaha. I am now curious to know if part of Rossi's motivation in switching to Yamaha was to prove he could do what Biaggi could not.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top