Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/5/2008 9:19:48 AM EDT
Link to Video

Reminds me of the story of the guard that guarded the tomb of the unknown soldier, being told that there was a hurricane coming and that he could go and his reply was No Thank You I'll stay
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 9:53:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Wow....does not look like they even flintched.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:38:41 AM EDT
[#2]
One question, would the soldier(s) who lost their covers get berated for not having them secured better?

Been to Arlington, hope to make it back again, I could spend a whole day there. Watched the changing of the guards, saw the Patriot Guard. There are alot of places on this earth I'd like to visit, but none will ever be a significant as Arlington.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:40:21 AM EDT
[#3]

Reminds me of the story of the guard that guarded the tomb of the unknown soldier, being told that there was a hurricane coming and that he could go and his reply was No Thank You I'll stay

Link to that story?
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:42:49 AM EDT
[#4]
And people wonder why the "bigfoot" footage is so shaky....
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:42:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Wow
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:47:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Probably taken yesterday.  I work across the street from Henderson Hall and the Cemetary.  We had one hell of a storm pass over about 1500.  Those guys are brave.  The wind, rain and lightning was awful!
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:52:36 AM EDT
[#7]
God bless America.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:55:17 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Link to that story?

Link to Snopes
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:59:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Those guys were demonstrating what's known as "respect", something far too uncommon in this day and age. But not all is lost.

Quoted:
One question, would the soldier(s) who lost their covers get berated for not having them secured better?

No way. Wind and things like that happen. It'd be completely unreasonable for them to get yelled at for an "act of God".

I could see them getting chewed for breaking ranks to get a hat though.

Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:19:20 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Probably taken yesterday.  I work across the street from Henderson Hall and the Cemetary.  We had one hell of a storm pass over about 1500.  Those guys are brave.  The wind, rain and lightning was awful!

It looks like last weekend to me. I didn't see hail yesterday and it sure looked like hail in that video.

Entire thing is damned impressive.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:30:51 AM EDT
[#11]
This storm blew through Washington DC metro area yesterday afternoon at 3:00PM.  It was even worse than it appeared.  A lot of the metro area is without power 24 hours later - trees down everywhere.

I salute their dedication and professionalism.

Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:40:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:40:24 AM EDT
[#13]
When my grandfather and grandmother were placed in the mausoleum  at Arlington i was able to hold it together until these fine young men came out to pay my country's respects with a full military burial at that point i lost it yet they carried on with the utmost reverence and respect, for this i am forever grateful.

At least they were able to stand like a men while i cried like a baby

Thank You gentlemen
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top