BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2008 8:38:17 AM EDT
http://www.defensenews.com/story.php?i=3564403&c=AIR&s=TOP

This is going to be an interesting next year
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:39:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Your Department loses enough Nukes, you lose your job...
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:57:00 AM EDT
[#2]
While no nukes were "lost"...  they were un-accounted for.

If Sec Gates really wants change he'll find a 4-star that isn't a part of the fighter mafia.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 9:32:34 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
www.defensenews.com/story.php?i=3564403&c=AIR&s=TOP

This is going to be an interesting next year
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 9:39:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 9:43:45 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

If Sec Gates really wants change he'll find a 4-star that isn't a part of the fighter mafia.

Won't ever happen, in a perfect world we'd get someone coming up from the missiles and space side of the house, but again, that won't happen.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:06:03 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Your Department loses enough Nukes, you lose your job...

Adultery and doinking your subordinates is a far more rewarding way to lose your stars.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:08:16 AM EDT
[#7]
20 pages at least.    

Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:14:20 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Won't ever happen, in a perfect world we'd get someone coming up from the missiles and space side of the house, but again, that won't happen.

Because the most un-used parts of the AF should be allowed to run it, just like the cold-war days, right????

Nah...

The ONLY folks who should get CSAF are (1) fighter/attack pilots, and (2) AMC guys...

We actually USE them, you see...
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:17:56 AM EDT
[#9]
While I agree with the USAF's point of view about the F-22, many other instances in the recent months have shown there is a major lack of leadership in the organization.

Wynne I believe for the most part has been a pretty bad SoUSAF. He was never really much of a team player with the other brancbes.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:22:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Good
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:25:28 AM EDT
[#11]
They need someone from old SAC!!!

ETA:  SecDef should also do some shuffling in Air Staff as well.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:26:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Glad I am not part of that shit storm...yet.

Maybe once all the heads are done rolling, someone will step in and start putting the hammer down and getting shit straightened out.

Mostly with getting all the aquisitions hammered down and getting the hardware rolling to the Airman.  New Tankers, new CSAR birds and some more F-22's is start.  After that start sending older planes to the bone yard and upgrading what itsgoing to be leftover.

And stop with the damn uniform shit already!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top