Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:18:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Shit....thats where I left em
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:19:13 AM EDT
[#3]

Egypt Finds Massive Arms Cache in Sinai
Dan Levin June 2nd 2008
From Jerusalem Post and Services

An Egyptian police official said Saturday that boxes of ammunition, RPGs and anti-aircraft missiles have been uncovered inside a mountain in the northern Sinai Peninsula.

The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to talk to the media, said the weapons were to be smuggled into the neighboring Gaza Strip.

The mountain is about 80 kilometers south of Rafah on the Gaza border. It has been used before as a shelter for local Islamic groups that carried out three major bomb attacks starting October 2004 in Sinai. They killed 125 people in total.

The official said some 2,200 bullets, 30 anti-aircraft missiles, several sacks packed with hand grenades and automatic rifles, and RPG launchers were stored inside the mountain.

Egypt seizes weapons believed destined for Gaza

4 days ago

EL-ARISH, Egypt (AFP) — Egyptian authorities have found weapons and explosives in the Sinai desert that they believe were destined for the Hamas-run Gaza Strip, a security official said on Sunday.

"We found 27 plastic bags loaded with ammunition, a number of rockets, anti-tank missiles and bombs, which were hidden in the mountains in the Al-Roda area" of north Sinai, the official said.

Authorities also found another cache containing 100 kilogrammes (220 pounds) of TNT about four kilometres (2.5 miles) west of the Gaza border, the official added.

On Saturday authorities said they found a cache which included about 30 anti-aircraft missiles, 3,000 bullets and rifles.

Israel and the United States have repeatedly accused Egypt of not doing enough to secure its border with the Gaza Strip, which has been under the control of Islamist group Hamas since last June. The charges have been vehemently denied by Cairo.

Israel has demanded an end to arms smuggling from Egypt's Sinai peninsula as part of a truce deal between Hamas and the Jewish state that Egypt is mediating.

Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:21:51 AM EDT
[#4]
That's  where I left that stuff.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:23:44 AM EDT
[#5]
I would be willing to bet there are hundreds of similar caches in the region.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:34:28 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I would be willing to bet there are hundreds of similar caches in the region.

well we know they're not tactically dumb, and heck that's what I'd do.

30 sams.....   even old shoulder fired sams should worry the whole region.

'specially if one cache out of an assumed many had 30!!!
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:37:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Even Egyptians I am aquainted with say "Israel had every reason, and every right to keep the Sinai,
because then this wouldn't happen, and it would probably have been turned in to productive land"

Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:39:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Just like roaches , see one there are more.........
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 9:18:40 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Even Egyptians I am aquainted with say "Israel had every reason, and every right to keep the Sinai,
because then this wouldn't happen, and it would probably have been turned in to productive land"

you have no idea.

My favorite wine comes from.... THE NEGEV.

Sinai would've been as green as the amazon by now, and probably the a ranking oil producer too.

Yatir Forest is a forest in Israel, located on the southern slopes of Mount Hebron, on the edge of the Negev Desert. The forest covers an area of 30,000 dunams (30 square kilometers), and is the largest planted forest in Israel.

The first trees of the forest were planted in 1964 by the Jewish National Fund, which continues to expand it as of 2006. It is named after the ancient Levite city within its territory, Yatir, as written in the Old Testament: "And unto the children of Aaron the priest they gave Hebron with its suburbs, the city of refuge for the manslayer, and Libnah with its suburbs, and Jattir with its suburbs, and Eshtemoa with its suburbs" (Book of Joshua 21:13-14).[1]

The forest is composed of more than four million trees, mostly coniferous trees - Aleppo Pine and Cypress. It also includes many broad leafed trees (such as Atlantic Terebinth, Tamarisk, Jujube, and Carob), Olive, Fig, Eucalyptus and Acacia, vineyards and various shrubs.

The forest is situated at a relatively high altitude (between 400 and 850 metres above sea level) in a semi-arid region with an average yearly rainfall of 250-275 mm and low humidity. The ground is composed of hard lime rocks, and soft chalk rocks.

ETA: and sorry but I can't afford the 'medallion' yatir on a regular basis, only once in a while!
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 9:35:37 AM EDT
[#10]
What is surprising is that Egypt did anything about this cache of weapons clearly destined for terrorists.  

Link Posted: 6/5/2008 9:40:59 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
What is surprising is that Egypt did anything about this cache of weapons clearly destined for terrorists.  

Egypt has been yhelp the US out allot by holding and "questioning" terrorists since 9/11. They probably saw this as another opportunity to help you guys out.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 9:42:57 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Egypt has been yhelp the US out allot by holding and "questioning" terrorists since 9/11. They probably saw this as another opportunity to help you guys out.

like everyone else there, they play a game on a very tight rope.  
sometimes good guys, mostly not.
What matters to Mubarak most......  is mubarak.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 9:43:11 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

My guess:  Egypt didn't want them to go to THOSE terrorists.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 9:48:37 AM EDT
[#14]

One out of many caches.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 9:49:51 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

As long as this serves you/us, who cares? it makes him predictable
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 9:55:26 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

As long as this serves you/us, who cares? it makes him predictable

yup.  
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 9:57:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:00:22 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We bought the sinai from israel and gave it as a gift to egypt.
You know, that jew lover carter.

Guess my country, the United States, was wrong to give back all we conquered in two world wars.

5sub
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:02:03 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just as the United States matters most to me.

5sub
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:13:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top