Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/4/2008 8:55:15 PM EDT
I have a very good friend named Ben who graduated from the Air Force Academy last week and he gave me and my family tickets to attend.  It was an incredible honor to see him be commissioned and see the President in person.  He also presented me and my family with an Air Force Academy Sword as a gift.  I was his pastor while he attended the college the last year and a half.  We were overwhelmed.

Here they are marching in.  Ben is in there somewhere.

The Sword he gave us

HAIL TO THE CHIEF!!!

Hugged by the BIG GUY

Can you imagine the thrill?

The Moment!

Here he is after the commissioning with me and my family

Bush personally saluted and greeted everyone of the 1012 graduates that day.  

Patrick
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 9:02:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Awesome, good for you Ben and all the other graduates...
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 9:05:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Congratulations Ben and thank you for your service.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 9:05:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for positing the event.   I know it was a great day to be there.  They keep getting younger!   wow.    haha.        and the sword!    wow again.    
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 9:09:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Cool! Congrats!
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 9:11:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Say what you want about Bush's domestic policy but the man knows how to inspire and respect his troops
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:52:29 PM EDT
[#6]
He did chest bumps, high fives, and other things with the graduates.  One graduate handed him a cell phone that was dialed to his parents in the stands and Bush talked to them.   He even did a body builder pose with a graduate.   it was a blast to watch!

pat
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:55:35 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
He did chest bumps, high fives, and other things with the graduates.  One graduate handed him a cell phone that was dialed to his parents in the stands and Bush talked to them.   He even did a body builder pose with a graduate.   it was a blast to watch!

pat

That is really cool. Thanks for sharing. Although who would chest bump the president?
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:58:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:59:58 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

pat

That is really cool. Thanks for sharing. Although who would chest bump the president?

A wingnut
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:03:24 PM EDT
[#10]
That would be quite the experience!
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:04:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Congrats to your buddy. The AF could use a few more good men and as of today there is some more room at the top
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:07:55 PM EDT
[#12]
If I am correct, the secretary of the air force got the axe?  If so, he was at the graduation.

Patrick
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:16:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Secretary of the Air Force (civilian) and the Chief of Staff (.mil) both got the axe, and deservedly so. Flying fuckin nukes across the CONUS
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:17:54 PM EDT
[#14]
SWEET
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top