Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2008 5:27:45 PM EDT
www.thedenverchannel.com/news/16482741/detail.html

I remember the wrong house case.    

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 5:29:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 5:30:39 PM EDT
[#2]
They are going to love him long time in prison.

Lets hope he .....................

Well , Ill just let the good Lord , Karma , and Tyrone have thier way with him
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 5:32:35 PM EDT
[#3]
tag
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 5:33:45 PM EDT
[#4]
You forgetted Buba. Him and Tyrone could make a bacon samich.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 5:34:57 PM EDT
[#5]
That particular scumbag should hang.  Or have to live in general population.  But I highly doubt either will happen.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 5:34:58 PM EDT
[#6]
It was an honest mistake....
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 5:37:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Plenty of ass fucking, I predict.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 5:38:08 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
That particular scumbag should hang.  Or have to live in general population.  But I highly doubt either will happen.

It should have happened when he got an innocent man killed.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 5:38:55 PM EDT
[#9]
typical

these are rare occurances and should be ignored
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 5:40:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Interesting.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 5:42:53 PM EDT
[#11]
How do these shit stains get hired? We don't even run background checks on our employees, and to date, not one of them has ever sexually assaulted a child, or terrified an innocent homeowner.

Sheesh.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 5:44:53 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
How do these shit stains get hired? We don't even run background checks on our employees, and to date, not one of them has ever sexually assaulted a child, or terrified killed an innocent homeowner.

Sheesh.

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 5:46:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Must e more to the story...
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 5:49:30 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Must e more to the story...

Of course, it can never be what it really is there always has to be more...
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 5:52:40 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
How do these shit stains get hired? We don't even run background checks on our employees, and to date, not one of them has ever sexually assaulted a child, or terrified an innocent homeowner.

Sheesh.

After his mistake got a man killed, the evidence got really fucked up -- as in Atlanta fuckedup.   The police put the guy back to work after only 3 months, finding that the SWAT team's report that the home owner fired on them was substantiated by GSR on his hands.   Later, when other members of the team ratted out some wrongdoing, there were defamation suits between members of the team.  Discovery in that case showed that the GSR on the dead guy's hand wasn't from his gun, but from one of the submachine guns he was shot with.  

If I recall correctly the dead guy had a gun shot through his hand that was consistent with his hand being held palm out up in the air, and not holding a pistol.   There was no evidence that his pistol had been hit by the bullet that pierced his hand.

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 5:54:46 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sheesh.

After his mistake got a man killed, the evidence got really fucked up -- as in Atlanta fuckedup.   The police put the guy back to work after only 3 months, finding that the SWAT team's report that the home owner fired on them was substantiated by GSR on his hands.   Later, when other members of the team ratted out some wrongdoing, there were defamation suits between members of the team.  Discovery in that case showed that the GSR on the dead guy's hand wasn't from his gun, but from one of the submachine guns he was shot with.  

If I recall correctly the dead guy had a gun shot through his hand that was consistent with his hand being held palm out up in the air, and not holding a pistol.   There was no evidence that his pistol had been hit by the bullet that pierced his hand.

I guess the dead guy identified his targets.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 5:58:49 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm sure he'll be just fine.

After all, don't they like child molesting cops in prison?
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:04:00 PM EDT
[#18]
I found this on a Rocky Mountain News story

Cop pleads guilty in raid

Deal may allow Bini to keep his badge in failed drug bust that led to shooting death

By Sue Lindsay
Denver Rocky Mountain News Staff Writer

Suspended Denver police officer Joseph Bini beamed after pleading guilty Thursday to a misdemeanor charge that may allow him to keep his badge.

Bini, 31, was headed for trial next week on three felony charges when prosecutors cut the deal, largely because of a judge's ruling that barred them from presenting most of their evidence to a jury.

Bini was the only officer charged in connection with a botched no-knock raid that claimed the life of Ismael Mena on Sept. 29, 1999, when officers struck the wrong house.

"Ismael Mena's family and his spirit have not received any kind of justice in this case," said LeRoy Lemos, spokesman for the Justice for Mena Committee, a group that formed in reaction to the killing.

Mena, a Mexican citizen and father of nine, was shot eight times after he pointed a gun at SWAT officers who had stormed his bedroom.

"Legal murder, that's what it is," said committee member Mary Miera. "Joe Bini should have to look Ismael Mena's nine children in the face and explain to them what happened to their father."

The committee has asked Mayor Wellington Webb and safety manager Ari Zavaras to fire Bini.

"He has shown that he is incapable of competently fulfilling his duties as a police officer," Lemos said.

Denver paid Mena's survivors $400,000 to settle a lawsuit.

Bini pleaded guilty to official misconduct, but still maintains he broke no law.

He was charged with making false statements on an affidavit and deceiving a judge to obtain a no-knock search warrant.

"We're just happy that it's over, and now I can get on with my life," Bini said as he left the courtroom, adding that he hopes to return to work as a police officer. "Absolutely. I love my job. Love my job."

Two felony perjury charges and one felony charge of deceiving the judge who approved the warrant were dropped as part of the plea bargain.

The official misconduct charge carries a maximum penalty of one year in jail and a $1,000 fine, but his plea agreement does not require jail time.

Denver District Judge Shelley Gilman will sentence Bini Dec. 1.

Special prosecutor Charles Tingle of the Jefferson County district attorney's office said his office conducted an exhaustive investigation of facts behind the case.

"The disposition is one we believe is fair, equitable and holds the defendant accountable," he said.

A felony conviction would have barred Bini from returning to work, but the misdemeanor conviction means his future rests with Police Chief Gerry Whitman.

"Joe always admitted there were mistakes in the warrant, but a mistake is a far cry from perjury and there was no perjury here," defense attorney David Bruno said.

Last month Gilman barred mention of Mena's death during the trial. She also ruled jurors couldn't hear that no drugs were found at Mena's house but were at a neighboring house. They would also not hear that Bini made a similar error in 1998.

October 6, 2000
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:09:36 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Deal may allow Bini to keep his badge in failed drug bust that led to shooting death

By Sue Lindsay

Suspended Denver police officer Joseph Bini beamed after pleading guilty Thursday to a misdemeanor charge that may allow him to keep his badge.

Bini, 31, was headed for trial next week on three felony charges when prosecutors cut the deal, largely because of a judge's ruling that barred them from presenting most of their evidence to a jury.

Bini was the only officer charged in connection with a botched no-knock raid that claimed the life of Ismael Mena on Sept. 29, 1999, when officers struck the wrong house.

"Ismael Mena's family and his spirit have not received any kind of justice in this case," said LeRoy Lemos, spokesman for the Justice for Mena Committee, a group that formed in reaction to the killing.

Mena, a Mexican citizen and father of nine, was shot eight times after he pointed a gun at SWAT officers who had stormed his bedroom.

"Legal murder, that's what it is," said committee member Mary Miera. "Joe Bini should have to look Ismael Mena's nine children in the face and explain to them what happened to their father."

The committee has asked Mayor Wellington Webb and safety manager Ari Zavaras to fire Bini.

"He has shown that he is incapable of competently fulfilling his duties as a police officer," Lemos said.

Bini pleaded guilty to official misconduct, but still maintains he broke no law.

He was charged with making false statements on an affidavit and deceiving a judge to obtain a no-knock search warrant.

"We're just happy that it's over, and now I can get on with my life," Bini said as he left the courtroom, adding that he hopes to return to work as a police officer. "Absolutely. I love my job. Love my job."

Two felony perjury charges and one felony charge of deceiving the judge who approved the warrant were dropped as part of the plea bargain.

The official misconduct charge carries a maximum penalty of one year in jail and a $1,000 fine, but his plea agreement does not require jail time.

Special prosecutor Charles Tingle of the Jefferson County district attorney's office said his office conducted an exhaustive investigation of facts behind the case.

"The disposition is one we believe is fair, equitable and holds the defendant accountable," he said.

A felony conviction would have barred Bini from returning to work, but the misdemeanor conviction means his future rests with Police Chief Gerry Whitman.

"Joe always admitted there were mistakes in the warrant, but a mistake is a far cry from perjury and there was no perjury here," defense attorney David Bruno said.

Last month Gilman barred mention of Mena's death during the trial. She also ruled jurors couldn't hear that no drugs were found at Mena's house but were at a neighboring house. They would also not hear that Bini made a similar error in 1998.

October 6, 2000

I had forgot they did a special "deal" so he'd get to continue to be a cop.

Wonder if the parents of his victim in the current sex assault mess might think that to have been a wise decision.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:13:50 PM EDT
[#20]
gonzo
I found this part really interesting

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:16:34 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
gonzo
I found this part really interesting

Pretty common.  Those facts do not necessary change the facts which give rise to the charges, and could prejudice the jurors.  

Of course, Defendants who do not wear blue, have to answer for their other bad acts all the time.  

Meh.   I'd guess if blogs and the 'net were as intense as they are nowadays, there'd have been a different outcome in Mena, and the deposition transcripts would be available, etc.

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:17:47 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I had forgot they did a special "deal" so he'd get to continue to be a cop.

Wonder if the parents of his victim in the current sex assault mess might think that to have been a wise decision.

What a sterling fucking job by our justice system. Yeah, no bias there or anything.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:20:32 PM EDT
[#23]

Hell awaits.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:21:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:21:43 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Yeah, no joke. Sounds like a certain case in virginia.  Hey, At least they went home safe after they murdered the wrong homeowner.

"Mena was shot to death by Denver S.W.A.T. officers after he allegedly pointed a gun at them as they rushed into the room where he had been sleeping."
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:26:25 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, no joke. Sounds like a certain case in virginia.  Hey, At least they went home safe after they murdered the wrong homeowner.

"Mena was shot to death by Denver S.W.A.T. officers after he allegedly pointed a gun at them as they rushed into the room where he had been sleeping."

Yeah, well.   It gets worse:   Half of the team shot at him THROUGH THE DOOR and WALLS once the team in his bedroom started shooting.

Its like I've said in the Ryan Frederick threads:   You're fucked if you're a homeowner who defends his home by aid of arms.   If you shoot, you're fucked.   If you don't shoot and wait to ID the target, the target will see your gun and you'll be DEAD.  

I GUARANTEE that you can have it in low ready, or pointed at your own feet, and a team full of folks who just killed you will say you pointed it at them or made a move.

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:31:42 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Child molesters should be shot.

You are too nice! Shooting is way too easy for the fuck.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:46:28 PM EDT
[#28]
There was a case in Pueblo when they did a no knock and the guy had a pop can
in his hand and "they" thought it was a gun and he is not around anymore.
And yes no drugs were found.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:50:02 PM EDT
[#29]

The poor old guy had a wife and nine children.              

DENVER -- There's new information about a fatal drug raid that left a Mexican immigrant dead in Denver three years ago.

Ismael Mena

Depositions and reports show gunshot residue found on Ismael Mena's hand did not match the revolver police say he fired at them. Instead, it's consistent with a submachine gun used by a SWAT team member to shoot Mena.

An investigator also said that Mena's body was moved at least 18 inches immediately after the shooting. His testimony came in a defamation lawsuit filed by SWAT officers that was later settled.

Mena was shot eight times on Sept. 29, 1999, after SWAT team members entered the wrong house for a drug raid. Police said they shot and killed 45-year-old Mena after they stormed his bedroom and he refused to drop his gun and fired at them.

The Denver police officer who listed the wrong address on the affidavit for the "no-knock" drug warrant was suspended and put on probation for a year after he pleaded guilty to one misdemeaner count of official misconduct.

Police were supposed to raid the house next door.

The police shooting outraged the community and the Justice for Mena Committee was created. The group pressed for a full disclosure of the incident.

District Attorney Dave Thomas cleared the SWAT officers, calling the shooting justifiable.

Some SWAT team members sued other who publicly questioned the official findings. Now, depositions taken in connection with that lawsuit are finally coming to light.

Thomas said that even with the new testimony, he still believes the shooting of Mena to be justified. The officers were in fear for their lives and protected by Colorado law, he said.

You have got to be shitting me.    

We all know SWAT Team Members are the pick of the crop, best of the best, they would never lie, or just kill someone in cold blood.    

Must be more to the story.          

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:51:19 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, well.   It gets worse:   Half of the team shot at him THROUGH THE DOOR and WALLS once the team in his bedroom started shooting.

Its like I've said in the Ryan Frederick threads:   You're fucked if you're a homeowner who defends his home by aid of arms.   If you shoot, you're fucked.   If you don't shoot and wait to ID the target, the target will see your gun and you'll be DEAD.  

I GUARANTEE that you can have it in low ready, or pointed at your own feet, and a team full of folks who just killed you will say you pointed it at them or made a move.

I agree with you 100%.            
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:58:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Dirty cop AND a kiddie diddler?  He is going to go from )*( to )O(

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:59:44 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

By Sue Lindsay

October 6, 2000

WHAT THE FUCK?!!!
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:43:47 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

By Sue Lindsay

"We're just happy that it's over, and now I can get on with my life," Bini said as he left the courtroom, adding that he hopes to return to work as a police officer. "Absolutely. I love my job. I love little girls, I mean I Love my job."

October 6, 2000

WHAT THE FUCK?!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top