Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/20/2001 9:56:48 PM EDT
Now don't get me wrong, I love to see the next generation involved in the firearms sports and the 2nd ammendment.  But in the last year or so there sure seems to be an influx of young people joining this board.  Yes they like firearms, but they also seem to be whinning little brats!!

They whine of censorship, complain about the mods(for no [i]good[/i]reason), are short tempered, have no manners, can't be taught anything, and seem to lazy to research anything on their own!!  In short....their rude!!

I see them in the chat rooms and posting on the forums.  Now not all of the youngins are this way, but enough that it really is starting to get to be a problem IMHO.

So what do you all think??  Is this the way kids are now a days or am I just starting to get old[;)]??  Personnaly I think it is the result of children growing up in divorsed household without a father.  

[size=4][b][red]No discipline=spoiled brats!![/red][/b][/size=4]

Sgt(where's my dentures)ar15

Edited for typing errors[;)]
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 10:05:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Thank you Sgt.  For a while there, I thought I was the only one who'd noticed.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 10:38:22 PM EDT
[#2]
well sgtar15, i to am a Sgt in the USAF.  and am 22 years old.  i got my first ar when i was 14.  i would like it if you did not generalize a whole generation of people like this.  the troops i supervise now are from 18-27.  i do not know what you referring too as "young people"  the older people i supervise do not like to listen to a supervisor that is younger than them.  they like to whine, get bitchy, and don't like to be respectful of those that outrank them.  im just sticking up for the good youngins out there.  with your post your just feeding the obnoxious ones out there.  to your question i think your just getting old.  kids have remained the same.  the greasers, hippies, generation x.  its all the same throughout the years.  people just out grow it then think the stuff they did when they were young is stupid.  i call it maturing.  i joined when i was 17 the day after my graduation.  i was forced mature a little faster than my non-military peers.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 10:44:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Maybe we should have a junior board for members that are, oh say younger than 21. [:D]
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 10:46:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I see them in the chat rooms and posting on the forums.  Now not all of the youngins are this way, but enough that it really is starting to get to be a problem IMHO.
View Quote

Like I said.....not all of them.  Obviously someone like you doesn't fit the mold.  But you gotta admit most young men these days are differnt.  I know some of it is age.......but all of it??

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 10:58:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 11:01:16 PM EDT
[#6]
sgtar15, and what do you think you are doing in this post? [:P]
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 11:01:47 PM EDT
[#7]
ha ha ha
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 11:11:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Now don't get me wrong, I love to see old folks involved in the firearms sports and the 2nd ammendment.  But in the last year or so there sure seems to be an influx of senior citizens joining this board.  Yes they like firearms, but they also seem to be whinning old farts!!

They whine of impotence, complain about the young people(for no [i]good[/i]reason), are short tempered, have no manners, can't spell or formulate a coherent sentence, and seem to lazy to assist anyone!!  In short....their rude!!

I see them in the chat rooms and posting on the forums.  Now not all of the old folks are this way, but enough that it really is starting to get to be a problem IMHO.

So what do you all think??  Is this the way geriatrics are now a days or am I just too young[;)]??  Personnaly I think it is the result of old people not receiving proper attention in their nursing homes.  

[size=4][b][red]Stubborn and Cranky = Old Farts!![/red][/b][/size=4]

Fighting(Someone find SgtAR his walker)Illini
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 1:28:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Yep, the young 'uns are the ones who take what they read on the internet personally. [:D]

Us old farts can give rats ass what the little guys think.  Hell, we've been there and we know what vile creatures you youngsters really are. [:D]

And if we can't spell worth a damned, it's because we've been drinking a hell of lot longer then you have. [:D]

Then again, I kinda feel sorry for ya, not being able to buy a shotgun at the corner hardware store and all.  This thanksgiving, I might just let you punks eat with the grownups!  [:D]  "IF" you can eat without barfin' all over yourselves.
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 1:54:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Naw, the young ones should be sitting at small, little table off in the living room somewhere [:D]
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 2:06:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
[img]http://www.sinistralrifleman.com/oldfart.jpg[/img]
View Quote

This is some funny shit!!!

Michael
11/25/1976
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 2:06:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Sgtar15,

Man, you are starting to sound like my father...and I'm over 40.  I'm pretty sure you made the same promise to yourself not to do that (g).

- Anarki
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 2:13:38 AM EDT
[#13]
We need some young people around here.  So we can mold them and shape them into our own image.  (pot bellies, bad backs, high blood pressure, and intolerance for stupid shit)
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 2:17:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
We need some young people around here.  So we can mold them and shape them into our own image.  (pot bellies, bad backs, high blood pressure, and intolerance for stupid shit)
View Quote

Now THAT made me laugh.

[:D]

My sons gotta get used to the phrase.... "Come 'er boy, have a beer an sum pork rines".  I'm sure the wife will love it. [:D]
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 3:05:34 AM EDT
[#15]
well sgtar15, i to am a Sgt in the USAF.
View Quote

The rank of sergeant (Sgt) no longer exist in the USAF.  It was phased out when I was a MSgt, as I recall.  At 22 years of age you're probably a Staff Sergeant or, possibly a Senior Airman with supervisory responsibilities (if you've attended ALS).  Not trying to bust your balls, but one thing I always admired about the Army and Marines is they use their RANK, not a "nickname."

Your are correct, not all "younguns" fall into the same category.

Expect a number of high school trolls over the holidays.  They magically disappear right after the New Year.

Eddie
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 3:58:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Is 30 a youngun'?
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 4:02:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Can someone help me with my term paper? my daddy wont help me.....
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 4:09:12 AM EDT
[#18]
For some, no matter how old they are....they just can't grow up. [sleep]
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 4:12:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 4:16:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Yup.

Overrun by out of control spoiled brats who think that being in an internet forum gives them the right to be rude.

But hey, youth is wasted on the young. To be old and wise, one must first be young and stupid.

By the looks of it, in a few years , we gonna have us some fricken King Solomon's.

[}:D]

Link Posted: 11/21/2001 4:26:09 AM EDT
[#21]
"Age and treachery will always win out over youth and skill."
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 4:42:30 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Thank you Sgt.  For a while there, I thought I was the only one who'd noticed.
View Quote

And you called on the Kiddies when you had a problem with your PC, old man! [;)]
c-rock
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 4:48:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Just remember, all you punk bastards: Age and treachery will overcome youth and enthusiasm every time.  [stick]

shooter
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 5:16:51 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 5:54:30 AM EDT
[#25]
There's nothing wrong with being young. All I meant was that I've noticed the board getting younger over the last year or so. Hell, if it wasn't for younger folks us old farts might never be able to get that damn Geritol bottle open. [:D]

c-rock, you don't count. We made you an honorary Cranky Old Fart. [;)]
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 6:25:05 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Sgtar15,

Man, you are starting to sound like my father...and I'm over 40.  I'm pretty sure you made the same promise to yourself not to do that (g).

- Anarki
View Quote

Yes, I did.  And I was quite surprised when I started hearing my fathers words come out of my mouth......I was even more surprised when I agreed with them!

sgtar15
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 6:30:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
]

Yes, I did.  And I was quite surprised when I started hearing my fathers words come out of my mouth......I was even more surprised when I agreed with them!

sgtar15
View Quote

Don't let 'em get to ya sgtar15.

Those of us confirmed old farts know its only a matter of time till those calling us old farts will BE old farts.

"Resistance is futile. They will be asssimilated."

Link Posted: 11/21/2001 6:32:22 AM EDT
[#28]
beekeeper1,

Yes Sophia is hot....even though she is in her 60 now I would still do her, along with Linda Carter and Racheal Welch.  AT least they are ladies, not some wantabe teenage virgin slut like Britany Spears.  I guess your right,I may be gettingcranky, but at least I know what a Garand is and am old enough to buy a pistol without my mommies permission[:D]

sgtar15
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 6:34:06 AM EDT
[#29]
I think if you look forward to nap time you may be getting old.  mmmmmmm....... nap time.  Yeah.
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 6:54:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Being old and wise is highly over rated.
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 7:25:12 AM EDT
[#31]
We may be young, but I bet we can out-shoot your old blind asses!  

"You need some help putting that scope on Grandpa?  Where in the hell are your bifocals?"  

Us Young-uns can still see good enough to use the iron sights!!!  You old crotchety bastards are probably squinting, just trying to read this post!  I bet your hands shake so bad, you can't even load your own damn magazines.  

BTW - I'm 24, and am probably more mature than most of the old bags here!
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 7:29:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hey, you were the guy that authored "Humility, and How I Attained It" right???? [}:D] I got you to sign my copy, for $49.95.

maturity is NOT proclaimed - it is demonstrated. So, wow us with it, baby!!!! [}:D]

Link Posted: 11/21/2001 7:35:15 AM EDT
[#33]
I'd be glad to sign your copy gramps!

Are you sure you didn't misspell your name?  Instead of "Garandman", shouldn't that be "GrandOldMan"?!?!

Hey....You could be like Chesty Puller.  The GrandOldMan of the AR15.com Boards!!
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 7:41:41 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
We may be young, but I bet we can out-shoot your old blind asses!  

"You need some help putting that scope on Grandpa?  Where in the hell are your bifocals?"  

Us Young-uns can still see good enough to use the iron sights!!!  You old crotchety bastards are probably squinting, just trying to read this post!  I bet your hands shake so bad, you can't even load your own damn magazines.  

View Quote

I had the same attitude when I was 24.  I thought I knew everything.[:D]  Now I know I don't and never will.  And in 10 yrs so will you.
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 7:42:43 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 7:45:23 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I'd be glad to sign your copy gramps!

Are you sure you didn't misspell your name?  Instead of "Garandman", shouldn't that be "GrandOldMan"?!?!

Hey....You could be like Chesty Puller.  The GrandOldMan of the AR15.com Boards!!
View Quote

Ohhh..NOOOOO.

I would NEVER aspire to be Chesty Puller.

I'm just a blind old fart. You said so yerself, so it MUST be so.

Link Posted: 11/21/2001 7:57:18 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

I developed a distaste for "stupid shit" about 15 years ago when I was 6.  I guess I was destined to be a 2nd Amendment advocate.
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 8:07:33 AM EDT
[#38]
The old just need to go and die quietly somewhere... If you think your above the youth here, feel free to see yourself to the door as you all advocate at the slightest hint of youthful enthusiasm.
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 8:11:04 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The old just need to go and die quietly somewhere... If you think your above the youth here, feel free to see yourself to the door as you all advocate at the slightest hint of youthful enthusiasm.
View Quote

Well, apparently you don't NEED to be old in order to be cranky.

[}:D]

Link Posted: 11/21/2001 8:32:23 AM EDT
[#40]
"Before one can become old and wise you must be be young and stupid"

Link Posted: 11/21/2001 8:47:03 AM EDT
[#41]
I agree with Cyrax,
Also why are you whining?  Just keep making fun of them.  C'mon, you're a Sarge, not a Lieutenant, so you should be able to take it.

Forgot your coffee again, eh?
Ice
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 8:53:15 AM EDT
[#42]
"Before one can become old and wise you must be be young and stupid"
View Quote

How long you stay young and stupid will reflect on how wise you will be and if you will live long enough to realize it.....

Link Posted: 11/21/2001 9:01:22 AM EDT
[#43]
I never said I "knew everything"!  Now you old farts are seeing things too!  Get to the eye doctor quick, and see if they can up your prescription on those coke bottles you're wearing!

All I said was that you old farts are blind, senile, and you shake a lot!  Oh yeah....and I can outshoot you too!  
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 9:06:57 AM EDT
[#44]

Quiet Boy!!! Can't you see grown-ups are talking.

Link Posted: 11/21/2001 9:09:17 AM EDT
[#45]
Can't understand you though.....Your false teeth are rattlin'!!!
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 9:10:16 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I never said I "knew everything"!  Now you old farts are seeing things too!  Get to the eye doctor quick, and see if they can up your prescription on those coke bottles you're wearing!

All I said was that you old farts are blind, senile, and you shake a lot!  Oh yeah....and I can outshoot you too!  
View Quote

You missed the smiley I placed afterwards.  I said "I".  How did you know I have coke bottle glasses?
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 9:15:30 AM EDT
[#47]
[:D] [:D]  Believe me, I realize most people here are just clowning, as am I!  I don't mind playing "the game" though, and going at it with you old codgers!  [:D]  I know a lot of old people that can shoot, and can still see too!  I really don't think anyone is taking anything in this thread seriously.  I hope not, anyway!  [:D]

Peace, my old brothas!
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 9:19:21 AM EDT
[#48]

I am not an old fart. I am almost a middle-aged poot. 37 yrs old. I run 5 miles every morning and work-out every other day. Just for kicks about 3 months ago I did a PT test. I ran the duece in 10:27. 146 pushups in 2 and stopped at 100 sit-ups in 2. (didn't want to lose breakfast)
   I look good enough to steal your woman right in front of you and then go do your mama. All after drinking all night and working all week. Then go to the range after washing your nasty women off me and blow your brand new Scooby-Doo underoos off your punk ass in any rifle or pistol match of your choice.
   If you BOYS would get your head out of your ass. You would realize the only reason that you are able to flap your big damn mouth in the best country in the world is because of these old MEN who had balls enough to get it done.

Link Posted: 11/21/2001 9:24:07 AM EDT
[#49]
[i]"You would realize the only reason that you are able to flap your big damn mouth in the best country in the world is because of these old MEN who had balls enough to get it done."[/i]

Yeah, but those old men were young bucks when they "got it done"! [beer]
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 9:34:24 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I'm too sexy for my love

Too sexy for my love

Love's going to leave me

I'm too sexy for my shirt

Too sexy for my shirt

So sexy it hurts

And I'm too sexy for Milan

Too sexy for Milan New York and Japan

I'm too sexy for your party

Too sexy for your party

No way I'm disco dancing

I'm a model you know what I mean

And I do my little turn on the catwalk

Yeah on the catwalk on the catwalk yeah

I do my little turn on the catwalk

I'm too sexy for my car

Too sexy for my car

Too sexy by far

And I'm too sexy for my hat

What d'ya think about that

And I'm too sexy for this thread

View Quote
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top