Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/4/2008 3:52:57 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 3:56:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Holy shit! That was one hail of a storm! Poor fucker on the tractor.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 4:05:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 4:07:05 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I once wore my kevlar helmet and flak vest for protection against softball+ sized hail when I first moved to Texas.  That was the first time I had ever seen hail that big.  Not long afterward, we had a huge hail storm that caused millions of dollars in property damage.  It was dubbed the Mayfest Hail Storm.  

Good thing you didn't get hit in the face.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 4:07:30 PM EDT
[#4]
When we were kids, my brother and I ran around out in the yard during pea sized hail with my mom's big stainless steel mixing bowls over our heads. While we were out in the street it turned into golf ball sized hail. Head ok. Back, arms legs, and most of all fingers = ouch.

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 4:07:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 4:09:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I once wore my kevlar helmet and flak vest for protection against softball+ sized hail when I first moved to Texas.  That was the first time I had ever seen hail that big.  Not long afterward, we had a huge hail storm that caused millions of dollars in property damage.  It was dubbed the Mayfest Hail Storm.  

Oh Yeah... I remember that one vividly
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 4:10:04 PM EDT
[#7]
When I was married and lived in Texas.(yes I have an ex in Texas)

Her mothers car was totaled by hail.

Beat the ever living shit out of it, no glass left,roof caved in.

Then their house, got scrambled as well.

Back in '85 or so ( those years are kind fuzzy for me)

Anybody that had a truck with a magnetic sign on the side became a roofer.

Screwed up Arlington pretty bad, not to mention the rest of Fort Worth.

They used to show that storm on rescue 911.

big festival down at the park that beat the shit out of everybody there.

This is back when COPS was just showing up on TV.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 4:11:04 PM EDT
[#8]
We had a good one hit the center of Austin a couple weeks back.  My boss lost all the windows on the east side of his house.  His son lost 17 windows.  Hardball to softball sized - and hard enough that they did not melt for hours - storm hit 9-10, and hail was still on the ground in the morning..
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 4:12:23 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

MAYFEST that's it!!
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 4:14:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Screw that! You guys can keep it. I'll stick with bitchin' about our Oregon drizzle.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 4:30:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Here's the one we got on Monday morning...

got hail?
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 4:34:20 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Here's the one we got on Monday morning...

got hail?

Holy shit! That would be so cool to see.

(damage and injuries aside)
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 4:50:38 PM EDT
[#13]
I am having my Roof replaced right now because we had a hail storm last week. 12,000.00 damage to my home??????????????

----------134thSIGNAL
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 4:52:19 PM EDT
[#14]
I love me a good hailstorm
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 4:54:00 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I am having my Roof replaced right now because we had a hail storm last week. 12,000.00 damage to my home??????????????

----------134thSIGNAL

In the twin cities? If so I'm there also. I got narrowly missed, but I've got a relative who was caught out on 494 and blasted by hail in her car.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top