Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2008 8:00:47 AM EDT
I have been hunt localy for a Ruger MK2 for a few months now with no luck.  Yesterday evening I called Benton Shooters Supply, they had it.  Woo hoo!  I asked to be sure the second time, It is a mark 2, not the 3?  Yes it is.  I told the poor guy to hold it for me and I would be up wed morning when they open.  I knew this was going to happen...  Showed up and a guy sets a brand ass new mark 3 in front of me.  And then proceds to tell me that he knew they didn't have a mark 2.  I must have talked to someone else, the guy that is off today.  So 85 miles one way to see a pistol I could have bought 8 miles from my house.  I am pissed!  
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:02:58 AM EDT
[#1]
damn I dont blame you there
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:04:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah. MKIII < MKII, IMHO. But the MKIII is still a great gun.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:04:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I was in the market for a Remington 700 about a year ago and stopped by a gun store between where I live and where I hunt.  They had a whole rack of them.  I asked the clerk if he had one in .308, he searches the rifles, pulls one out, checks the chamber and hands it to me.

I'm looking it over and I notice that the barrel is marked .30-06.

"I'm looking for a .308 - this one is a .30-06.  Did you see any in .308 up there?"

(His response - I kid you not)
"It's the same thing"

Handed that rifle right back - "Thank you very much" - and haven't returned.

_MaH
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:06:03 AM EDT
[#4]

And then proceeds to tell me that he knew they didn't have a mark 2. I must have talked to someone else, the guy that is off today

would suck in the guy not working that day put it up, and the other guy did know about it
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:06:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Seems like the owner would want competent people working for him.  And I think the MK3 is a turd with the chamber indicator on it.  I'll end up getting a browning if I cannot track one down.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:15:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Ahhh, but how anal were you in your request for information?  Did you repeat a few times that you don't want a MKIII but a MarkII and that what he was looking at was indeed a MKII?

I had a similar issue with Kittery Trading Post a year or so ago.  I reserved a gun on-line per their sites instructions.  I called to be sure that it was  1.) still there and 2.) resrved for me.  I make the 1 hour drive down and they look, and look.  It was sold a few days before.

Thank God Cabela's opened 15min. from my house and 5min. from the range!
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:30:40 AM EDT
[#7]
I didn't state that I wasn't interested in the Mark 3, I only asked for the Mark 2.  I called on Monday and they only had 1.  It is a big gun store, and I thought how lucky. Seems they would have more than one Mark 3, and they did.  Probably 10 of them were there.   Being out of state I had to get and early birthday present, because they don't do transfers anymore.  Tuesday evening I called back and sure enough they still only had one.  Double check this a Mark 2.  Offered to give a CC number to hold it and he said it was ok, just show up and they would keep it for me.  

They also don't know when the Kahr 380 will start shipping either, not that they would get my business, just figured I would ask while I was there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top