Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/4/2008 7:48:38 AM EDT

George Lucas has created legendary film heroes like Luke Skywalker and Indiana Jones, but the US director says that in real life, his hero is Barack Obama.

Lucas was in Japan on Wednesday to promote his latest film, "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull," as Obama clinched the Democratic Party's nomination for president.

"We have a hero in the making back in the United States today because we have a new candidate for president of the United States, Barack Obama," Lucas said when asked who his childhood heroes were.

Obama, "for all of us that have dreams and hope, is a hero," Lucas said.

Lucas is the creator of the blockbuster "Star Wars" series, as well as the adventures of the swashbuckling archaeologist Indiana Jones, played by Harrison Ford.

Obama on Tuesday sealed the Democratic contest after a marathon battle with Hillary Clinton, becoming the first black White House candidate nominated by a major party.

www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=080604062402.9hhqclqi&show_article=1

If you ask me, it's the dark side of the Force.

"Come with me...and I will make all your dreams and hope come true!  CHANGE!"
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:49:44 AM EDT
[#1]
The shroud of the dark side has fallen.  Begun the change war has.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:50:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I heard allsorts of good things about Obama... in fact, the local jedi master told me that Obama is supposed to bring balance to the force!
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:51:55 AM EDT
[#3]
nobody has cared what lucas says since jarjar binks.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:53:47 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Yousa say pee-pole gunna dai?!
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:55:56 AM EDT
[#5]
It's a trap!

Lucas turned to the Darkside in early 1984. He briefly saw the light in '89 but was sucked back in for good once filming on "The Last Crusade" wrapped.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:56:43 AM EDT
[#6]
If the force is with him, then he's Darth Vader.

If he's Darth Vader, then we're the Jedi.

If we're the Jedi, then we're all fucked when he gets around to issuing Executive Order 66

_MaH
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:56:44 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
It's a trap!

+1, definately a tarp.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:01:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Maybe it's just me, but I haven't heard anything of substance out of Obama during his run for the presidency.

Unless repeated calls for "Unity" and "Change" are now considered to be hard, concrete details on his administrative plans.

This guy is a lightweight. No. He's a featherweight.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:05:55 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Maybe it's just me, but I haven't heard anything of substance out of Obama during his run for the presidency.

Unless repeated calls for "Unity" and "Change" are now considered to be hard, concrete details on his administrative plans.

This guy is a lightweight. No. He's a featherweight.

That's because he has no substance. Like I've been saying all along, he's a snake oil salesman. Those guys didn't sell a cure, they sold hope to the hopeless. Who cares if the cure never came, by the time the hopeless figured that out the salesman was 5 states away with their money.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:09:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Like I needed another reason to not go see his shitty movies.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:10:10 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I never thought about it, but you're spot on.  That's exactly when I stopped caring.

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:11:00 AM EDT
[#12]
what a fucking dick head
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:18:22 AM EDT
[#13]

Elect me, and together we will rule the Universe!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top