Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2001 8:08:00 PM EDT
if so, you've probably seen this video. anyone else, if you've got the spare time and bandwidth (and think osama sucks ass), take a look:

http://www.blueoystercult.com/Video/DWvideos.html

jonathan
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 8:26:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Geeze! I cant believe BOC is still out there Talk about dating yourself  The last Time I saw them was My 21st birthday (Nov 21 1988)At "The Chance" in Poughkeepsie NY while on recuperative leave from the Army. Thought they had long vanished from the scene-they used to be produced By Aldo Nova in early years before He started his own thing. If you cant tell I WAS at one time a long hair, van drivin,headbangin,burnout,old school,metalhead.Glad to see they are still around and kickin.Remember the days when they played Madison Square Garden and the Big Halls in the days before the big hair bands turned heavy metal into glam rock. Ah the days of misspent youth...
Thought about it for a few minuites and realized that its kinda weird for BOC to always seem to come up on my Birthday...really weird.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 8:31:30 PM EDT
[#2]
 OK I'll date myself,

I saw the Black and Blue tour.

Tyranny and Mutation still rocks!

Chuck
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 8:36:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I have to admit, they've got a dynamite sound....but I could use a little more cowbell in their songs.  Guaranteed gold records if you just amp up the cowbell, baby!
[img]http://snltranscripts.jt.org/pics/99pcowbell1.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 8:47:12 PM EDT
[#4]
[url]www.blueoystercult.com/Video/DWvideos.html[/url]
I havent seen them since fire of unknow origin. ... dating myself arnt I?
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 8:53:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have to admit, they've got a dynamite sound....but I could use a little more cowbell in their songs.  Guaranteed gold records if you just amp up the cowbell, baby!
[img]http://snltranscripts.jt.org/pics/99pcowbell1.jpg[/img]
View Quote

This was the funniest skit ever on SNL.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 9:58:04 PM EDT
[#6]
[b]More_Cowbell[/b], that was a great skit — Almost funny enough to adopt as your screen name!

I must confess that I haven't played my one-and-only BOC album - Fire Of Unknown Origin(?) - in at least 10 years...

[b]offctr[/b], we're B-day-buddies — Mine is today, too. It's now past midnight in my time zone, so Happy Birthday to us both!
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 3:05:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
 OK I'll date myself,

I saw the Black and Blue tour.

Tyranny and Mutation still rocks!

Chuck
View Quote

The Black and Blue Tour kicked ASS!  Sabbath didn't come on stage until after midnight at the Washington DC show.
As another age indicator, I saw them even before that on the "Godzilla" tour in the late `70's.

"If they really think we're the devil... THEN LET'S SEND THEM TO HELL!!!!"
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 3:14:56 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm going to make a confession.  First of all, I loved BOC back in the early - mid eighties when it was ok to do so.  One of my fav songs was "the reaper" and my all time fav song was "fireworks".  I'm not gonna say why, except that my "first time" followed the lyrics pretty well.

Oh yea, and once in the barracks, this guy kept playing some er... different music than me and the whiteys listened to... and I cranked up "Godzilla" one morning at 5:00 AM.  He threw a shit fit.  

Some of my best times of my life were in the military.  [:D]
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 3:32:18 AM EDT
[#9]
I saw BOC back in the mid eighties when they opened for Kiss. Watching five foot nothing Buck Darhma, walking around with that heavy Les Paul custom strapped on was funny as hell. The guitar was bigger than he was, but his playing kicked ass.
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 3:43:49 AM EDT
[#10]
I thought you meant "Bottom Of Container", of which I am definately a fan.  
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 4:26:46 AM EDT
[#11]
I usually listen to "Godzilla" a couple of times before I go to the range.  It helps me keep a good shooting rhythm.
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 5:06:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The Black and Blue Tour kicked ASS!  Sabbath didn't come on stage until after midnight at the Washington DC show.
As another age indicator, I saw them even before that on the "Godzilla" tour in the late `70's.

"If they really think we're the devil... THEN LET'S SEND THEM TO HELL!!!!"
View Quote

I saw it in Cincinnatti dude, as far as the time frame when who took the stage when, lets just let it suffice to say that I was mildly intoxicated!!
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 5:49:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Yeah, yeah, Blue Oyster Cult, yada yada yada, but if you really wanted to listen to great music in the early 70s, you listened to King Crimson (are you with me on this anti-USSA?), Pink Floyd, and Jethro Tull! Sorry, but BOC never did sound as good as [u]those[/u] bands!

Eric The(Hey,AreYouTryingToStartSomeShite?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 5:55:10 PM EDT
[#14]
 Ummagumma?

Atom Heart Mother?

Obscured by Clouds?

Relics?

Meddle?

Chuck(I was one of the seven small furry creatures in the cave)
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 7:06:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Yeah, yeah, Blue Oyster Cult, yada yada yada, but if you really wanted to listen to great music in the early 70s, you listened to King Crimson (are you with me on this anti-USSA?), Pink Floyd, and Jethro Tull! Sorry, but BOC never did sound as good as [u]those[/u] bands!

View Quote

Listened  to all four today....

SRM
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 7:12:03 PM EDT
[#16]
 SHINE ON YOU CRAZY HUN

Chuck(oopsIspilledthebongwateronthecarpet)
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 7:14:44 PM EDT
[#17]
fire of unknown origin still one of my fav albums...gotta love soft white underbelly
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 7:28:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Yeah.....I love BOC....Careeer of Evil and all that but I have to agree that Tull and Pink Floyd are two of my all time favorites.

Thick as a Brick and Aqualung along with Animals, Relics, The Wall and Dark Side of the Moon rule.
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 11:51:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Oh Eric, you snob!  [:D]
My very first concert was in 1973: Emerson, Lake, and Palmer at the Lyric Theater in Baltimore. Not long after Trilogy came out. Seen Floyd three times. Tull twice. Rush twelve(!) times. BOC still put on a great show back in the day though.
Link Posted: 11/22/2001 12:50:28 AM EDT
[#20]
EricTheHun
- Can't beleive your dissin BOC. Not that the others arent great. I've never personally heard them as the last working 8-track player here local got jammed by a roach clip in 86, so Im out of luck. I did hear some Abba once though. They rock. Ive seen some vinyl around at the thrift stores, but I dont know anyone who has a phonograph.  Never see that stuff on MTV or VH1...Hmm maybe the history channel. Wonder if Morpheus has any of those tracks. Amp up the cowbell please.

Luck
Alac

Another young'in - codger debate

(BTW I dig the Cramps, Ramones, Iggy Pop, Floyd [seen 'em twice - they was old I was young], BOC, and of course Ted Nugent, who I saw once again last summer. The man does not age. Couldnt resist tho.)

Oh, best BOC song? Psychic Wars no doubt

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top