Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 6/4/2008 6:25:02 AM EDT
My wife has been watching those reality tattoo shows --Miami Ink and etc. - And wants to get a tattoo - Anybody out there in Ar15 land have a tattooed wife and what are the pro and cons to getting them. Any heavily tattoo wives or woman out there and if you have pics , please post.  
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:26:38 AM EDT
[#1]

I love these threads.  
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:26:58 AM EDT
[#2]
ost this should be good
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:27:54 AM EDT
[#3]
The ghettoization of America has one more member
Fook tats
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:28:22 AM EDT
[#4]
post count? check.

join date? check.

thread title in all caps? check.

post posted in large size font? check.

popcorn? popping.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:28:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Tell her to get some tribal graphics on her lower back.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:29:00 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The ghettoization of America has one more member
Fook tats

and fook trolls
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:29:13 AM EDT
[#7]
If my wife did that, I'd slap some sense into her before throwing her bodily out of the house.

But she'd never do that, she thinks they're as nasty as I do.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:29:36 AM EDT
[#8]
"Give me a big, tattooed woman.  Warmth in the winter, shade in the summer and movin' pictures all year long."  

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:30:46 AM EDT
[#9]
I would only suggest getting something timeless and meaningful. I would also suggest getting something that is covered up by regular work attire. Oh, and get a GOOD artist to do the work. Good luck!

ETA:In before the tattoo haters.

Guess I was too late.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:30:52 AM EDT
[#10]
I have asked before, and I will ask again...how much are some of those bigger tattoos that those folks get? I remember my friends complaining about prices years ago.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:31:14 AM EDT
[#11]
IBTL!!!

I've said it before and I'll say it again...

Tattoos on an otherwise attractive woman is like spray-painting graffitti on a masterpiece sculpture...it looks trashy.

ETA: +1 on the "ghettoization of America".

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:31:38 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
My wife has been watching those reality tattoo shows --Miami Ink and etc. - And wants to get a tattoo - Anybody out there in Ar15 land have a tattooed wife and what are the pro and cons to getting them. Any heavily tattoo wives or woman out there and if you have pics , please post.  

Let her do it ,it just a tattoo not a sex change.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:31:44 AM EDT
[#13]
In before the tattoo haters.

Oops too late.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:32:00 AM EDT
[#14]
can't go wrong with the ole fake gun tat:

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:32:23 AM EDT
[#15]
When I was in Reno last month, I noticed these billboards all over town advertising laser removal for tramp stamps.

Just think about the old guys at the nursing homes with the saggy skin and tat's.

But who am I to tell you that I think it is a foolish choice.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:34:52 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I have asked before, and I will ask again...how much are some of those bigger tattoos that those folks get? I remember my friends complaining about prices years ago.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Between one and five hundred an hour depending on size, intricacy, number of color, types of lines, number of equipment changes, location on the body, how much the artist likes the person getting the ink, the time of day, the day of the week, and the time of year.

For the record, you haven't seen the best of the best on TV.  Paul Booth has a 2 year waiting list.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:35:01 AM EDT
[#17]
"Only sailors and whores have tatoos"

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:46:23 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I'd have to see some revealing pics of your wife before I could give you advice. Send nude photos to my inbox.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:48:55 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
When I was in Reno last month, I noticed these billboards all over town advertising laser removal for tramp stamps.

Just think about the old guys at the nursing homes with the saggy skin and tat's.

But who am I to tell you that I think it is a foolish choice.

When you're old, are you really gonna give a shit? You're already looking like death anyway.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:50:02 AM EDT
[#20]
I would get rid of cable.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:51:13 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

If my grandfather who fought in the pacific were still alive I'd share your sentiments with him.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:51:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Interestingly enough the newly appointed playmate of the year has a tatoo. Its the word respect written right over her gina.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:52:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Paging "Thewind"

Didn't his lady get inked recently?
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:53:00 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
post count? check.

join date? check.

popcorn? popping.

I toyed with the idea of getting a tattoo once when I was in my early 20's.  Thought long and hard about it.  Decided that I didn't want something that permanent.... there wasn't any image out there that I loved so much that I was willing to permanently mark my skin up like that.  So here I sit, tat free.

YMMV.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:53:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Tell her I disapprove.

That should settle the matter.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:56:25 AM EDT
[#26]
She'll look awesome when she's 60.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:57:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Its just a symptom.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:00:31 AM EDT
[#28]
I'd say, "Honey, if I wanted a cheap tattooed whore,  I wouldn't have married you.    My vote is an emphatic and definite no.  The tattoo will be your declaration of your intent to get divorced."

Yeah, really.   I'm that much against them.   If I married a woman who had none, I'd
fully expect her to keep her tattoo count unchanged.  

I wouldn't rule out the possibility of marrying a woman who already had a tattoo, or maybe
more than one,  but I would not look favorably upon her adding more to the collection
once I was married to her.

Think what you like, it's a free country last I checked.  Including the freedom to have my
own attitude, of course.

CJ
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:02:32 AM EDT
[#29]
"Painted Ladies And A  Bottle Of Wine"
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:03:53 AM EDT
[#30]
becareful with reality shows, next she'll want to have sex with a little person and then remodel the kitchen.

she can get the tat when she wants one, not because she's hooked on a show.

have her select the tat and hang it next to her mirror, if she still wants it in a year than go for it.

avg 100 per hour, a well known artist 200+ per hour

also do you have any? if she does you'll need one to otherwise it's like finding out your girl had a threesome and you never did.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:03:54 AM EDT
[#31]
Tattoo's can be very expensive. I've paid $100 per hour for large work, but depending on the location, you may pay more. I have a friend that got tattooed by Clark at Hart and huntington and he paid $200 per hour if I remember correctly.

Kore Flatmo out of Cincinanti and LA does some also tattoo's too, but he has a bit of a waiting list usually.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:04:35 AM EDT
[#32]
Women and Tats, Np here if strategically placed.

I asked the Artist in Columbus what was the weirdest Tat he ever done. He said a lady wanted her entire Clit Tat'd Black, he said a very high quote figuring she would say no, she had it done.

It may be a BS story but how about you have your Mrs get it done and be the first to post it here.

I will await your EPIC reply.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:20:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Slut Stains, FTL.

Tell her to get the word "FUCK" stained up on her forehead.

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:23:53 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:32:04 AM EDT
[#35]
My wife has a tattoo , it's not really a big deal.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:32:25 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:34:06 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
If you think the thread is trolling, don't reply it in.

If you personally think that women with tattoos LOOK like "whores" to you - then be sure to phrase it as your personal opinion.  Calling another man's wife a whore is not something that is tolerated here!

would it be wrong to ask him to post pics so we can see what deal is?
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:37:46 AM EDT
[#38]
but seriously...

I would have her get this one:

except with Marge Simpson.

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:38:42 AM EDT
[#39]
Wife got one a few days ago.  Will post pic when I get home.

Dave S

She'll be 50 this 25FEB09.

I paid for this and another expensive 14K one a few years ago.  All the young nurses chickened out on the pain factor.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:45:33 AM EDT
[#40]
My wife has 3 tattoos, one covers most of her back (down her spine). I like tat's, I have 8 and am getting more, so is she. No big deal.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:46:40 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Tell her to get some tribal graphics on her lower back.

Those are so old school.  Just get the straight up Bulls-Eye on the lower back with the "Easy Anal Access" Label.

Then a "Former Junkie" tat on the wrist is always good.

And "Don't Hire Me" in japanese letters on the nape of the neck is a good finisher.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:05:04 AM EDT
[#42]
I have several (3) tattoos. Two of them I love- one I wish never happened and anything short of my leg being amputated, it is not going away. Anybody who has been tattooed will tell you "you don't stop at one". I will have more eventually, but they will be thought out and not some random dumbass 18 year old kid idea. Do I like to see women tattooed? NO! Would it stop me from dating a woman w/ tats? No, but would make me wonder what they are making up for. Men generally/ historically, have been tattooed to show an accomplishment or heritage of somesort. Getting a tattoo in the small of a womans back of a butterfly, show no accomplishment or heritage beyond skankery and the progression and evolution of it. Tell her to choose wisely.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:06:09 AM EDT
[#43]
I like the idea of a skee-ball table layout on the back, but my wife won't go for it.

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:11:50 AM EDT
[#44]
height=8
Quoted:
post count? check.

join date? check.

popcorn? popping.

Is there a problem with a low post count?
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:12:19 AM EDT
[#45]
I think if it's a classic design and in a special place, it would be cool. Flaming dragon skulls don't look cool on girls...

Have her check out the Sailor Jerry designs. He is the man that brought the art over to America from Japan, before WWII. His shop was in Hawaii and he put tats on sailors from around the world during his career. He died in the 70's.

Any good tat parlor will have either flashes of his work, or some of the large books of his work that has been compiled over the years. He has a series of mermaids that is awesome, and his swallows are really beautiful.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:15:19 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If my grandfather who fought in the pacific were still alive I'd share your sentiments with him.

Was he a sailor?
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:15:47 AM EDT
[#47]
One more brick in the towering "MARRIAGE IS FOR SUCKERS" monument.

If it was a girlfriend, you wouldn't care, or if you did, you would get a new one.  Since it's your wife, you're stuck with her and must negotiate.  Have fun!

Thanks for posting this thread!  
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:16:06 AM EDT
[#48]
In before the Hep C update.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:27:17 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
post count? check.

join date? check.

popcorn? popping.

What the Hell does any of the above have to do with the OP's question?!
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:27:35 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Was he a sailor?

Nope
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top