Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/3/2008 10:03:43 PM EDT
So I was in the hallway, and the company commander comes up to me holding a handful of change. I hold out my hand like I'll take it, and he pulls a penny out and says, "Why can you ask someone a penny for their thoughts, but they'll give you their two cents?"...

I said something just to humor him, and then said something along the lines of "Did you just come up with that sir?". He busted out laughing about it like it was the most hilarious thing he'd said all week.

I got back to my office and sent him a link to a wikianswers page that said:

If you put your two cents in and someone gives you a penny for your thoughts where does the other penny go?

Answer
Taxes

He responded to my email with:

Wow seriously, that is really out there.....  Unbelievable.

I want to clue him in that my email wasn't exactly intended to be of great philosophical importance.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 10:07:38 PM EDT
[#1]
'Whoa man.... like... whoa.."

*trips balls*
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 10:07:53 PM EDT
[#2]
sounds like he's easily amused
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 10:07:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds to me like he was smoked out.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 10:12:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Just reply and say something like..."Yes Sir, but good enough for a chuckle."
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 10:12:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
sounds like he's easily amused

At himself. How could he not realize my email was intended as a return of lightweight humor?

Maybe he really thinks one penny of it seriously goes to taxes...

Link Posted: 6/3/2008 10:13:07 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Sounds to me like he was smoked out.

I've always wondered why people say "smoked out".

Why isn't it "smoked in"?
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 10:13:09 PM EDT
[#7]
I remember seeing some of my CO's a bit confused, good God did they have to put up with a lot of shit.  Every CO I had in C Co 84th Eng had a divorce while in Command.  I remember asking my CO one time while I was assigned duty in the our Orderly room what his job was like, he explained the shit he had to do, he said many times he wished he could be out getting dirty like the enlisted as it would be a welcome break.

I did have one CO elsewhere who wasn't in touch with reality, I mean fucking out there.  He played X-COM in his office all day.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 10:14:57 PM EDT
[#8]
This is the same CO that I once relayed a story to that I read on ARFCOM. In explaining that I got the story from a "gun forum I frequent", he said with a laugh, "You're not going to go walking into any high schools are you?"
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 10:16:58 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I remember seeing some of my CO's a bit confused, good God did they have to put up with a lot of shit.  Every CO I had in C Co 84th Eng had a divorce while in Command.  I remember asking my CO one time while I was assigned duty in the our Orderly room what his job was like, he explained the shit he had to do, he said many times he wished he could be out getting dirty like the enlisted as it would be a welcome break.

I did have one CO elsewhere who wasn't in touch with reality, I mean fucking out there.  He played X-COM in his office all day.

Best game evar!
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 10:17:43 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
This is the same CO that I once relayed a story to that I read on ARFCOM. In explaining that I got the story from a "gun forum I frequent", he said with a laugh, "You're not going to go walking into any high schools are you?"

I remember your thread about that.  I don't know why you even bothered sending him the joke.

Don't socialize with the dumb son-of-a-bitch.  Carry out his lawful orders and avoid being his buddy.

p.s. Take my advice for what it is worth.  I left the service as an E-4.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 10:21:16 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I remember your thread about that.  I don't know why you even bothered sending him the joke.

Don't socialize with the dumb son-of-a-bitch.  Carry out his lawful orders and avoid being his buddy.

p.s. Take my advice for what it is worth.  I left the service as an E-4.

True. But I'm already pretty anti-social around here as it is. I have to deal with him fairly often, so I try to keep a light atmosphere.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top