Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2001 7:34:04 PM EDT
Just got into town for the holiday and looking for some SUR friendly shops in the area.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 7:36:59 PM EDT
[#1]
WSI in Bellevue, Ben's Loan in Renton are the two that come to mind first.  Ben's Loan is warm and friendly, WSI is colder, but both have good, knowledgable people.  If you go to Ben's Loan, try and talk to Marty.  Have fun in Seattle!
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 7:40:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 7:55:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
What's the name of that place in Tacoma just south of the dome off the 5? Heck bought an FAL there last year - first place I'd ever seen that had more assualt rifles than I had!
View Quote

I think that it is Welchers or something like that.

Jamie
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 8:35:51 PM EDT
[#4]
If you're thinking about the place with the big Cape Buffalo on the side, that's Bullseye Shooter Supply, just down the street from the Amtrak Station and a few blocks from The Tacoma Dome.  The number is (253) 572-6417.  You might also want to pick up some Almond Roca from the factory store while you're in the area, awesome stuff!

Wait a minute, a CA resident picking up a FAL?
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 8:36:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What's the name of that place in Tacoma just south of the dome off the 5? Heck bought an FAL there last year - first place I'd ever seen that had more assualt rifles than I had!
View Quote

I think you might be referring to Bull's Eye:
414 Puyallup Avenue, Tacoma, WA 98421
(253) 572-6417 They also have an indoor shooting range.

For a moderate selection of SURs at decent prices, check out Federal Way Discount Guns:
33120 Pacific Highway South, Federal Way, WA 98003 (253) 927-5229  
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 9:04:11 PM EDT
[#6]

WSI in Bellevue and Wades, also in Bellevue. Advice: don't shoot at Wades, people always seem to get shot by crazies, but they do have a lot of evil rifles and similar fun stuff, just stay in the store part.

Link Posted: 11/20/2001 9:37:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Wades Eastside Gun Shop in Bellevue has the best selection of "black rifles" in the area. W.S.I.(Weapons Safety Institute) also has a nice selection most of the time. They're also near Bellevue, but not real easy to find if you haven't been there before.

Bullseye in Tacoma isn't bad, but the long guns they have are all on racks for the public to handle, and the rifles look like it too. Amazing to see a formerly beautiful AR10, nicked and scratched and it's brand new. Nice people though, and well stocked.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 9:53:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Olympic Arms is down in Olympia.

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 10:10:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Ben's Loan in Renton is probably the only one really worth going to. Good selection, good prices, decent people.

In my observations, while they may indeed have some nifty toys from time to time, WSI and Wade's primarily cater to latte slurping Eastside yuppie types with more money than common sense and their prices tend to reflect it. I don't bother going to either one anymore.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 10:28:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Wade's Eastside Guns, in Bellevue. A very good bunch of guys (and occasionally girls) work there.

Don't be too hard on them for the "terminal incidences" that happened there. There have been 2 deaths on their range, to my knowledge. The last one was a woman (whom I'd personally worked with when I worked in psych.) who was chronically depressed. She was in [i]bad[/i] shape (I can't give details due to confidentiality) and she committed suicide using one of their rental guns. Frankly, she's probably happier now than she was when she was alive (No joke). They could have never known it was coming. If I'd been there that day, I would have creatively intervened.

The former incident happened when a guy brought his (girl?) friend to the range to [i]introduce to shooting & teach how to shoot[/i]. Turns out that he also had this [b]beginner[/b] try out a large caliber auto pistol. The gun kicked back over the [b]beginning[/b] shooter's shoulder and was unintentionally fired while pointing backwards, hitting the guy as he stood in the background.

It was a stupid tragedy that could have been avoided if more sense had been employed. In that case, stupidity killed. Harsh-learned lesson: limit newbies to lower cal./recoiling firearms - pistol or rifle, regardless. If unsure or inexperienced, then leave it to an expert to teach a new "nob" how to shoot.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 11:01:57 PM EDT
[#11]
When in the Seattle area, Wades is great, Bullseye shooter supply in Tacoma by the Tacoma dome even has an indoor range.  In downtown Seattle is a place called Warshals (I think) it has lots of stuff and lots of sporting goods.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 11:16:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Warshalls is no more...[:(]

Federal Way guns?    Ewwwwwwwww! [:X*]
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 12:18:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top