Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/3/2008 3:31:44 PM EDT
I can go in the indoor range , but I really felt like shooting the rifles .

Link Posted: 6/3/2008 3:33:04 PM EDT
[#1]
So, shoot in the rain.  It will be good training.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 3:33:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Is there a reason you cant shoot in the rain?

Perfect day for a rain coat and an AK47

Hell, bring a few 'shooters' and post a torture test range report
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 3:34:01 PM EDT
[#3]
The rifles won't melt.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 3:34:32 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

+1, Bad things don't always happen on sunny days
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 3:34:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

It gets to damn muddy at this range.

I think it will just be indoor pistol shooting.

Link Posted: 6/3/2008 3:36:59 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hope SHTF doesn't happen when it's raining on you.  You wouldn't want to get your boots dirty.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 3:38:53 PM EDT
[#7]
mud, sounds like a good time to go prone and "Nepoliean Tannerite" your new gear to make it look used.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 3:39:28 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I can go in the indoor range , but I really felt like shooting the rifles .

Is there a problem getting abit wet?

Gee, I do it all the time...

Must be me...

CPO SWCC US Navy (Retired)
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 3:40:36 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hope SHTF doesn't happen when it's raining on you.  You wouldn't want to get your boots dirty.

One of the best days I ever had at the range was the first snowstorm of last winter.  Light snow, decent breeze, cold, and I had the whole place to myself.  
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 3:40:44 PM EDT
[#10]
To each their own....I invite training in imperfect situations...one of my favorite memories involves a few boxes of old surplus .303 and sighting in irons on an enfield....during a major snowstorm
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 3:41:40 PM EDT
[#11]
If it ain't raining, we ain't training...
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 3:41:59 PM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 6/3/2008 3:45:07 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
mud, sounds like a good time to go prone and "Nepoliean Tannerite" your new gear to make it look used.

Link Posted: 6/3/2008 3:49:14 PM EDT
[#14]
damn sissy
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 3:49:23 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

magpul.com/catalog/images/ecomhome.jpg

P-Mag can get dirty except the weapon it was intended for.

RR
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 3:54:32 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
To each their own....I invite training in imperfect situations...one of my favorite memories involves a few boxes of old surplus .303 and sighting in irons on an enfield....during a major snowstorm

I like deer  hunting in a light rain .

Link Posted: 6/3/2008 3:56:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Yeah, well, I haven't even seen Spring yet! And it's almost Summer
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 3:57:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Thats why you keep a pallet and some plywood in the back of the truck.

Dont be a wuss, let the kids play in the rain

FREE

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/3/2008 3:57:41 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

How many times have you personally shot in inclement weather?

Link Posted: 6/3/2008 3:57:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 4:00:07 PM EDT
[#21]
If I said that I'd never get to go....
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 4:03:05 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
If it ain't raining, we ain't training...

Hell yeah!
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 4:04:36 PM EDT
[#23]
You have to go out in rain around here, otherwise you only get three good days of shooting.

Just wipe them down real good before stowing'em away.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 4:10:27 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
You have to go out in rain around here, otherwise you only get three good days of shooting.

Just wipe them down real good before stowing'em away.

Link Posted: 6/3/2008 4:12:56 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How many times have you personally shot in inclement weather?

I've shot in the rain a few times.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 4:20:06 PM EDT
[#26]
do what I do:

IM me if you want to know how I easily set it up solo!
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 5:00:46 PM EDT
[#27]
The only guns I won't shoot in the rain/snow is a pair of high dollar
O/U shotguns that are worth more then the vehicle I drive
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 5:11:12 PM EDT
[#28]
so go shoot! your guns gonna melt or something?
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 5:58:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Go shooting, you big pussy.

Get some clear plastic bags from the dry cleaners.  Put those over the targets to keep them dry.  Or shoot steel.

That's what real men do.

(Can't shoot because of rain.  What is wrong with these kids today?  Grumble Mutter.)

ETA:  And we expect a complete range report, WITH PICS!
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 6:31:06 PM EDT
[#30]
I'll bet that at least 90% of the people egging you on have canceled range trips because of bad weather.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:55:28 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I'll bet that at least 90% of the people egging you on have canceled range trips because of bad weather.

And your point is...?
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:56:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Dude, shoot in the rain. The shit doesn't always hit the fan in fair weather. You must be able to function in all conditions, and verify that your weapon can too.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:59:45 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

I don't do range trips, I shoot on my property. I shoot and hunt in all weather conditions. Therefore, I don't fit in your 90%. Thank God. Shitty weather can be fun.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 8:10:28 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't do range trips, I shoot on my property. I shoot and hunt in all weather conditions. Therefore, I don't fit in your 90%. Thank God. Shitty weather can be fun.

Shitty weather can be fun. I love rompin around in the woods when it's raining.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 8:16:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 8:17:21 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuckin' A. If you don't get your gear wet/dirty/damaged then what's the point in having it? Using our stuff is the whole point of our collective obsession, right? I know it is for me. Walking in the woods after or during precipitation makes your footsteps quieter too...makes it easier to sneak up on soon to be vittles. And zombies.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 8:18:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Shoot outside, afraid your guns are going to melt. get some

Link Posted: 6/3/2008 8:19:03 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Some of the biggest bucks I ever shot with rifle and bow was on a rainy day.

Link Posted: 6/3/2008 8:27:59 PM EDT
[#39]
I've hunted dove, deer, and pigs in the rain. I even had a game warden tell me "You guys are really hard core" once. We were hunting(dove) in the middle of a plowed field in light rain. An extra ten pounds of mud on each boot makes it more fun.

Didn't hurt my blued steel, high polish walnut stocked Wingmaster one bit.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 8:29:56 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I've hunted dove, deer, and pigs in the rain. I even had a game warden tell me "You guys are really hard core" once. We were hunting(dove) in the middle of a plowed field in light rain. An extra ten pounds of mud on each boot makes it more fun.

870's are rugged as hell. Keep a light coat of oil on 'em and they'll last forever.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 8:33:13 PM EDT
[#41]
per OP:  "It's going to rain tomorrow and I wanted to shoot"

SO?
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 11:39:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Real men shoot in the rain.

The real studs shoot in the snow.

Pussies whine about rain and go to the indoor range.

Geez.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 11:45:12 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Yup.  Besides, maybe some folks just want to have an enjoyable off day and aren't preparing for a rediculous SHTF scenerio that's not going to happen anyway.  Cut the guy some slack.  
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 11:53:02 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup.  Besides, maybe some folks just want to have an enjoyable off day and aren't preparing for a rediculous SHTF scenerio that's not going to happen anyway.  Cut the guy some slack.  

Whatever your opinion of it is, another arfcommer and I shot in the rain last week. We had a covered firing position, but had to walk through water to change targets.

My blued steel M19 S&W got wet due to the leaky awning over the firing line, but it's still fine.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 11:53:50 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

870's are rugged as hell. Keep a light coat of oil on 'em and they'll last forever.

I really need to use some Johnson's paste wax on mine.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 11:53:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Nope, never have cancelled a range trip.

And cleaning and lubing the rifles, shotguns and handguns afterward while drinking a nice hot cup of coffee is a great way to unwind after a day shooting in the rain or snow.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 12:02:31 AM EDT
[#47]
j-b, quit talking about snow. I wish we got more here.  We're lucky to get a light dusting every 5 years or so.  We did get 2" this past winter though!
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 12:27:36 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

And cleaning and lubing the rifles, shotguns and handguns afterward while drinking a nice hot cup of coffee is a great way to unwind after a day shooting in the rain or snow.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey, I'm not saying it couldn't be fun.  It just gives me a chuckle when everyone comes with the "pussy", "not tactical enough", "I hope it doesn't rain when the sky starts falling" responses.  
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 12:30:32 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey, I'm not saying it couldn't be fun.  It just gives me a chuckle when everyone comes with the "pussy", "not tactical enough", "I hope it doesn't rain when the sky starts falling" responses.  

Dibs on guns.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 1:01:14 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup.  Besides, maybe some folks just want to have an enjoyable off day and aren't preparing for a ridiculous SHTF scenario that's not going to happen anyway.  Cut the guy some slack.  

Dibs on guns.

Can't have them.  Luckily, while you paranoid fucks have been practicing death rolls in the mud and honing your backflip hatchet tossing skills, I have been building an impenetrable megabunker.  I have enough food and water for 10 years, solar power panels for energy, monkeys with knives and nasty dispositions for entertainment, and 12 japanese girls chained up in the megabunker basement for procreation and sammich making.  How are your perfect rainy day reloads looking now?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top