Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/3/2008 8:54:39 AM EDT
The French libs are feeding on themselves.  Bardot is a animal rights nutcase and her zeal against the killing of goats in a festival got her in the sights of other do-gooders, the French anti-racism group, MRAP (Movement Against Racism and for Friendship between Peoples).

The feast of Aid el-Kebir is a pagan/Muslim fertility festival that is very popular as a tourist attraction in Morocco. A naked man sewn into the skin of a slaughtered goat, dances wildly, vibrating and whirling among the crowd, beating them with two oleander branches as they run to get away. It is believed that women beaten with the sticks will become pregnant within the year.

AP news story

PARIS (AP) — Brigitte Bardot was convicted Tuesday of provoking discrimination and racial hatred for writing that Muslims are destroying France.

A Paris court also handed down a $23,325 fine against the former screen siren and animal rights campaigner. The court also ordered Bardot to pay $1,555 in damages to MRAP.

Bardot's lawyer, Francois-Xavier Kelidjian, said he would talk to her about the possibility of an appeal.

A leading French anti-racism group known as MRAP filed a lawsuit last year over a letter she sent to then-Interior Minister Nicolas Sarkozy. The remarks were published in her foundation's quarterly journal.

In the December 2006 letter to Sarkozy, now the president, Bardot said France is "tired of being led by the nose by this population that is destroying us, destroying our country by imposing its acts."

Bardot, 73, was referring to the Muslim feast of Aid el-Kebir, celebrated by slaughtering sheep.

French anti-racism laws prevent inciting hatred and discrimination on racial or religious or racial grounds. Bardot had been convicted four times previously for inciting racial hatred.

"She is tired of this type of proceedings," he said. "She has the impression that people want to silence her. She will not be silenced in her defense of animal rights."
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 8:57:49 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
French anti-racism laws prevent inciting hatred and discrimination on racial or religious or racial grounds. Bardot had been convicted four times previously for inciting racial hatred.

BoR FTW. Glad we don't have that (well, not so bad).

French hippies vs. French Muslims will be a tough choice for ARFCOM but I think they'll side with free speech.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 8:58:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Serves her right.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 9:01:48 AM EDT
[#3]
You should be able to HATE anybody you like...........now acting out on that hate is another story
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 9:02:44 AM EDT
[#4]

I'm not a huge fan of her but this is BS.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 9:03:16 AM EDT
[#5]

A naked man sewn into the skin of a slaughtered goat, dances wildly, vibrating and whirling among the crowd, beating them with two oleander branches as they run to get away. It is believed that women beaten with the sticks will become pregnant within the year.

I'm sorry, that's as far as I got with this one...
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 9:03:42 AM EDT
[#6]
So when is France going to adopt sharia?

She may be stoned to death in her next conviction...
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 9:08:45 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

she would be stoned to death for posing semi nude 40 years ago as I am sure Sharia crimes would be retroactive..

Link Posted: 6/3/2008 9:13:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Freedom of ...

1st ammen...

Nevermind, it's France.  Political correctness is a cancer that is beyond repair there.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 10:37:14 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
A naked man sewn into the skin of a slaughtered goat, dances wildly, vibrating and whirling among the crowd, beating them with two oleander branches as they run to get away. It is believed that women beaten with the sticks will become pregnant within the year.

I bet BHO will have Hezbollah send him the skins for the festival next year
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 10:44:59 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I'm sorry, that's as far as I got with this one...

at least it's not that weird cult that pretends to drink the blood and eat the flesh of it's leader....that's some creepy shit...
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 10:48:25 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

she would be stoned to death for posing semi nude 40 years ago as I am sure Sharia crimes would be retroactive..

I have a Playboy ® from 1975 where she is wearing a T-Shirt, when she was only wearing a T-Shirt and nothing else.

So that’s 33 years ago?  She still looked better at 40 than most of today’s stars look when they’re 30.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 11:29:29 AM EDT
[#12]

I have a Playboy ® from 1975 where she is wearing a T-Shirt, when she was only wearing a T-Shirt and nothing else.

Pics or ban

/
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 11:30:27 AM EDT
[#13]
The enemy of my enemy is my friend...
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 11:30:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Europe is down the sewer
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 11:35:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Tell her to come here and say whatever she likes.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 11:46:21 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Freedom of ...

1st ammen...

Nevermind, it's France.  Political correctness is a cancer that is beyond repair there.

...and that's just a forewarning of what's happening here.

It won't be too much longer before we're in the same boat.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 4:22:22 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Freedom of ...

1st ammen...

...and that's just a forewarning of what's happening here.

It won't be too much longer before we're in the same boat.

Revolution Calling
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 5:42:38 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Tell her to come here and say whatever she likes.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top