Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/2/2008 8:09:49 PM EDT
Ok, I'm moving from TX back to Warner Robins GA.  Last time I was there I had Cox Cable, which wasn't terrible, but not great either.  here i've had Time Warner cable, and I've never wanted to go on a murderous rampage more than when I have to deal with TW.  Their service sucks, their support sucks, their selection sucks, and their price REALLY sucks.  My experience with TW has me ready to swear off cable all together.  I'm thinking of going satellite for TV when I get to GA.  How do they compare in terms of cost vs content?  I'd like to not pay more than $100/mo for TV+internet unless there's a LOT to offer for the price.  So what's the opinion?
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 8:13:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm going to look into this.   I haven't read the thread yet.  

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=713025

Link Posted: 6/2/2008 8:15:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 8:16:08 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Ok, I'm moving from TX back to Warner Robins GA.

Thank God.

Now the state IQ average will go back up.

Make sure the door hits you on the road back.

no loss... in my year and change here i have yet to figure out why so many people have such a hardon for this state.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 8:17:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 8:17:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 8:18:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

It's only been a year?
Feels like a life time.

you don't know the half of it
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 8:18:37 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Here is your answer:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=716201

ya, i saw that thread... rough deal, but seems to be more of a matter of reading the fine print more than anything else.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 8:18:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 8:21:23 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's only been a year?
Feels like a life time.

You were to close to the boarder.

i've been all over this state.  you know there's a song about just about every town in TX, and I've yet to be to a place in this state worth singing about.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 8:22:15 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thank God.

no loss... in my year and change here i have yet to figure out why so many people have such a hardon for this state.

Hit ya/split ya, etc....
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 8:22:38 PM EDT
[#11]
DirectTV FTW!

My sister has it and it's great.  
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 8:24:30 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's only been a year?
Feels like a life time.

The what? The b-o-r-d-e-r? Oh.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 8:25:03 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's only been a year?
Feels like a life time.

Legs, buddy...if you're gonna make fun of the guy, at least spell "border" right.

Edit-Damn it! Schulze beat me to it.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 8:28:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Cable here has 20mb d/l and 2mb u/l.....................insightbb rocks
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 8:28:18 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thank God.

Having been to texas enough for 100 lifetimes, I can tell you that the best part of Texas is WEST if I-35.  If you stay east of I-35, you really get a bad impression of teh state.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 8:30:18 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Having been to texas enough for 100 lifetimes, I can tell you that the best part of Texas is WEST if I-35.  If you stay east of I-35, you really get a bad impression of teh state.

I'm in Del Rio--- 2.5 hours west of 35

ETA:  and it sucks
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 8:31:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 8:33:45 PM EDT
[#18]
DirecTV.

When I lived in an apt., Atlantic Broadband was the ONLY choice. The HD channels were lacking plus it seemed overly expensive.

I now have DirecTV. They offer a myriad of packages, depending on your preferences.

I still use Atlantic Broadband for internet.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 8:44:22 PM EDT
[#19]
I've had DirecTV for the better part of five years.  Love it, but it goes out when it storms.  We'll have Comcast/HD when we get there.

That said, I'm moving in a few weeks.  Wanna buy a dish and two boxes?  
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 9:01:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 9:04:16 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
snip

ya, i had HD with Cox back in GA, and really missed it this football season, one of those "you don't miss it till it's gone things.  I want HD back for football season for sure, but knowing my luck i'll be deployed the whole tiem
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 9:08:03 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm in Del Rio--- 2.5 hours west of 35

ETA:  and it sucks

I didn't say it was great, I said it was better than east of 35, namely Dallas, Houston, Laredo, and the Henderson-Carthage-Timpson Triangle of Doom.  Getting poked in the eye with a stick is better than being impaled by a telephone pole, but it doesn't mean you will like the smaller chunk of wood.  {/thread hijack}
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 11:07:06 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Sound shots by Texan hunters into the brush of Colorado? As a little kid, I had no idea where Texas was, but by born-and-bred Colorodan father used the word Texan as a swear word.

Still does.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 11:14:50 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sound shots by Texan hunters into the brush of Colorado? As a little kid, I had no idea where Texas was, but by born-and-bred Colorodan father used the word Texan as a swear word.

Still does.

Link Posted: 6/2/2008 11:22:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Direct TV  
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 6:47:01 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's only been a year?
Feels like a life time.

Legs, buddy...if you're gonna make fun of the guy, at least spell "border" right.

Edit-Damn it! Schulze beat me to it.

I didn't use it as a screen name.

I'm just pointing out that you're making fun of his spelling and you're not Mr. Spelling Bee Champion yourself.  
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 6:52:46 AM EDT
[#27]
I voted "cable". I've had both and cable is way more reliable. My satellite receiver loses signal in medium to heavy rain.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 9:37:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 10:05:13 AM EDT
[#29]
FWIW:
I dont have a home phone so no land line fee's.

I have Comcast Cable for TV and Internet, my last ISP speed test was 12mb/1mb, I can live with that. Costs me about 115.00 a month.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 10:09:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Cable sucks. Dish may not be too much better (I don't really know, I can't comment) but anything is better than the crap I have. If you even hear the word "Charter" DISENGAGE!
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 10:12:34 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Here is your answer:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=716201

ya, i saw that thread... rough deal, but seems to be more of a matter of reading the fine print more than anything else.

Yep, read the contract. I hate how people just overlook crap then think it's the companies' fault that they're stupid
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 10:13:53 AM EDT
[#32]
Check around.  It appears that TimeWarner is about to go to tiered Internet use.  The more you use it, the more $$$ they suck from your wallet.  

I use DTV and DSL...  no more cable asshats for me!
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 10:15:23 AM EDT
[#33]
Oh, and one more for the people who will tell you dish goes out when it storms, our cable goes out when it storms. Our internet is absolutely awful and we have the "best" package they offer, running us 80 bucks a month on internet alone. The only way I'd ever recommend cable to anyone is if you're getting Comcast, otherwise go DirecTV
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 10:19:35 AM EDT
[#34]
DirecTV rules, ATT Uverse is pretty attractive as well if it's available in the area.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 10:24:15 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 5:13:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:43:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 8:29:30 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I voted "cable". I've had both and cable is way more reliable. My satellite receiver loses signal in medium to heavy rain.

Then there is a problem with your installation.  Why not have it fixed?

-Troy

lolwut?
everyone I know has problems in FL when it rains really hard.  Not some random shower, but tough, 2" diameter sideways rain.  I had WildBlue satellite internet, and it would go down easier than the DirecTV in a storm.  The aim was spot on, but it's the nature of the technology.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top