Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/2/2008 7:42:21 PM EDT
Ok, I admit it. I'm watching some 'Tube before I nod off. I suppose I'm a little confused. Has the green movement become so big that it warrants its own television channel? There's a show on now called the "Manic Organic." Huh, I don't have a problem with going green, but this guy is advocating going large scale organic because it'll create more jobs since it's labor intensive. Huh, just who is going to be working on these organic farms?
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 7:44:55 PM EDT
[#1]
All the Discovery channels, including the Military channel have been sporting this "going green" logo. They are claiming to be the first green network or something. I dunno.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 7:45:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I hate the green movement.  It's tailor made by commies for sheep in order to convert them.

I wouldn't be opposed to having a green channel and moving all the TV shows and commercials to that channel though.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 7:47:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, going organic in large scale farming only means going large scale hungry at some point. We use chemicals for a reason ya know...
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 7:47:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
... this guy is advocating going large scale organic because it'll create more jobs since it's labor intensive.

Didn't they do basically the same thing in Brave New World? The Evil Government in BNW purposefully restricted certain technologies, especially agricultural and industrial technologies, so that workers wouldn't have enough free time to do a lot of thinking.

Also, if Green Guy wants to operate giant organic farms that produce admittedly superior veggies with massively increased labor costs, then more power to him.

~BakerMike
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 7:51:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, I was watching the show and a little earlier he was extolling the virtues of the boutique/heirloom varieties of the different types of potatoes. Oh, good Lord!
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 9:55:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 4:10:20 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Yeah, I was watching the show and a little earlier he was extolling the virtues of the boutique/heirloom varieties of the different types of potatoes. Oh, good Lord!

Well, to be fair (and I'm not one to be fair, especially with slimy hippies), old-school breeds of veggie and fruit that could be hand-picked tend to be tastier (and uglier) and possibly better for you than the breeds which have been designed to be machine-pickable. It's a tradeoff that it's perfectly sensible to make: you can have expensive, delicious, fragile fruits/veg, or you can have cheap, more bland, firm stuff that stays pretty longer.

Of course, the big question here is if this Manic Muffin guy thinks whatever he's pushing is just a neat idea, or if he thinks it ought to be Teh Lawz, which is where I'll definitely get off the Green Train to the hemp-and-patchouli market.

~BakerMike
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 6:25:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Just another rat shit channel to boycott.  "Hello Comcast, I want this bull shit channel and Bill Maher off my GD television!"  "NOW!"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top