Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2001 6:09:18 PM EDT
I just recently join a club that has a shotting range that's really kinda' weak, only a hundred yards tops. Anyway I was up there today shooting my AR, and this old dude with a 50 cal. muzzleloader comes up there and is like "Uh, you know your not supposed to be shooting that gun here don't ya?" and I was like no I didn't? why's that? and he say's in a dumbass hillbilly type way "Uh? just cause they don't like those kind of guns up here." I'm like what that's stupid, here he is with a big ol' 50 cal. and telling me I can't shoot a .223 LMAO! What's up with these Davy Crockett wannabee's?
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 6:13:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Like fishing with worms and flyfishing. Go figure.

If it shoots, it shoots.

If it catches fish, use it.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 6:16:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Like, did you check into the restrictions on the range before you joined dude?
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 6:18:37 PM EDT
[#3]
no doubt freedom with their exception.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 6:20:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Lots of times guys like that just have contempt for anyone who shoots and isn't hunting or preparing to hunt.   I've run into that before, but few have ever said anything, just given negative stares.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 6:24:28 PM EDT
[#5]
yea, then they go home too bambi's head on they're wall. lol
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 11:29:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Muzzle loader's suck my dick!
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 11:43:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Muzzle loader's suck my dick!
View Quote

yeah, your dick could probably fit in the bore of my .50 flintlock... hehehe

nah, muzzleloading is fun, after all, we have to remember our past!  I like tripping people up at the range by having my .50 flintlock and my AR-15 with me.  
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 12:03:11 PM EDT
[#8]
yea but which one would you want in a gun fight?
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 12:04:34 PM EDT
[#9]
That's weird, usually black powder shooters have to stay withing a certain section of the rangen due to the fact that they are using an explosive that is exposed to the environment. If anything, that guy is more of a threat to fellow shooters than your AR is.

I like shooting black powder too, but the clean up sucks ass. My dad has two Hawkens that I used to take out every once and a while and shoot. Fairly accurate, I could hit a 15" hub cap with regularity at 100 yards.
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 12:20:48 PM EDT
[#10]
thanks Sodie, I'll have to mention that to the asshole.
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 12:36:52 PM EDT
[#11]
So, Jander, because he didn't like your kind of gun, he's an asshole, but because you don't like his he can suck your dick?

If he shoots muzzle loaders he's a "Davey Crockett wannabe", but shooting an AR doesn't make you a Rambo wannabe?

I think there were maybe two assholes on the range that day.
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 12:40:40 PM EDT
[#12]
If the guy came up to you and said "Uh, you know your not supposed to be shooting that gun here don't ya?" then I would ask if that was a range rule.  It doesn't sound, as you tell it, as if he was rude.  There are some ranges that require single-loading of rifles - AR's are OK as long as you feed 'em one-at-a-time.  Before you get an attitude, you might want to check and see.  

When I'm at the range and see someone break a range rule, I try to inform them before the rangemaster does.
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 12:44:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's irrelevant.
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 1:07:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

How many gun fights have you been in?
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 1:12:29 PM EDT
[#15]
I don't like either one of your attitudes cause that is part of the reason we have trouble getting shooters together, they don't even like each other.  Black powder is fun because it is more difficult, like free-climbing instead of top-roping.

C'mon guys, if we are going to fight amongst ourselves, the democraps and feminazis are going to beat us.
Ice
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 3:28:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Jander,
Do you believe in reincarnation? Like in AR-15. You almost seem familiar. Did you have a previous life on the site?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top