Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/6/2001 8:56:41 AM EDT
My mother changed husbands like I change socks. I hadn't seen my biological father for 25 years. I decided to give him a call and our families hit it off great. The seconf time I visited him he asked if I ever thought about buying an AR. I told him that I did but it was a little fuhrther down the list. He replied "lets see if we can move it to the top of your list." He took me to his secret shop, pulled out a pre-ban PWA lower and then unwrapped other new parts and helped me to assemble one. Finished with a flash suppressor, 16" barrel, bayo lug, and fixed stock with trap door complete service parts. He handed it to me and said here you go, lets sight it in. The cost to me, $30 in gas to drive out there and back. Been hooked ever since.
Link Posted: 3/6/2001 9:11:52 AM EDT
[#1]
You must really value time spent with your Father! [:D]
Congratulations! He sounds like a wonderful gentleman!
Link Posted: 3/6/2001 9:30:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Any chance he's looking to adopt?
Link Posted: 3/6/2001 9:34:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Is your father looking at addopting another son?  I have an AR but another one is at the top of my list.  

Im glad that you got to know your father congrats an the relationship and good shooting to you.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2001 9:55:53 AM EDT
[#4]
To be honest about my mother she is only on her third marriage, maybe fouth as we speak. But in defense of myself, my wife will tell you that is also as often as I change socks. [:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top