Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2001 6:14:32 AM EDT
I have bounty hunted in the past, and have never collected a bounty like that before.
All we need is a couple of people that speak the language. After all if just 10 go that is 2.5 million, tax free!!!!
So whos in?
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 6:20:29 AM EDT
[#1]
i was just thinking that same thing myself.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 6:26:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Does enyone remeber that story of the big corporations putting together a merc army to get Bin Laden after 9/11?
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 6:33:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I speak Arabic pretty well.
I've got my own weapons,ammo and eqipment.
My land-nav skills are excellent.

OK, Where do I report to kill some sand-rats.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 6:53:01 AM EDT
[#4]
ar10er, still haven't heard back from you. What part of the state are you in?

I have thought about this quite a bit. If I didn't have the greatest wife in the world then I would probably be over there right now with our troops.  I was all for enlisting out of high school but coming from an all military family I had to promise I would get a college education before joining. One thing led to another and my life took a different path and I ended up with a computer degree but working as a mountaineering guide. Then I met my future wife and here I am today.  I have no problems giving up what could have been an awesome military career for the love of my life.

If I was single that money would be very tempting!! [sniper] [bounce]

idaho-ar15
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 6:58:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
ar10er, still haven't heard back from you. What part of the state are you in?

I have thought about this quite a bit. If I didn't have the greatest wife in the world then I would probably be over there right now with our troops.  I was all for enlisting out of high school but coming from an all military family I had to promise I would get a college education before joining. One thing led to another and my life took a different path and I ended up with a computer degree but working as a mountaineering guide. Then I met my future wife and here I am today.  I have no problems giving up what could have been an awesome military career for the love of my life.

If I was single that money would be very tempting!! [sniper] [bounce]

idaho-ar15
View Quote

Idaho City baby!! Is there any place else?
And you?
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 7:07:06 AM EDT
[#6]
If I had the money I'd gladly pay to go!

Surely you don't mean that they'd pay us to go.

My only wish is he (Bin Laden) escapes, and they follow him into Iraq so that we can start annihilating Saddam also.  I hope the wait is not too long for that to start!

[IMG]http://www.gopfun.com/images/superw.gif[/IMG]
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 7:15:58 AM EDT
[#7]
BOISE!!i know i have heard it before so you dont need to say it .   i would reenlist and go if i did not have a family..my wife freeked when all this stuff started and made me promise i would not go.although a couple million does sound pretty good.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 7:18:47 AM EDT
[#8]
If I had the money I'd gladly pay to go!
Surely you don't mean that they'd pay us to go.
My only wish is he (Bin Laden) escapes, and they follow him into Iraq so that we can start annihilating Saddam also. I hope the wait is not too long for that to start
View Quote

I like the way You think!

I'm kinda sorry the war is going as quickly as it is, gonna feel strange not having anyone to bomb.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 7:19:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Well looks like we have two possibles, and one who can speak the language. Come on guys don't tell me you are all rich enough to ignore 2.5 million.
[sniper]
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 7:26:11 AM EDT
[#10]
ar10er, idaho city is nice. I'm down in here in Wendell. (by Twin Falls since you probably have no clue were Wendell is :) )

idaho-ar15
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 7:37:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
ar10er, idaho city is nice. I'm down in here in Wendell. (by Twin Falls since you probably have no clue were Wendell is :) )

idaho-ar15
View Quote

ROFLMAO

Even my wife knows where Wendell is!
[beer]
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 9:35:41 AM EDT
[#12]
For 25 MILLION dollars, I would do quite a few things.  Going to that God-forsaken country of Afganistan searching for bin Laden is one of them.  All I'd need is some topo maps of the leftover area.  

I would not do it alone though.    
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 9:42:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Where do I sign???
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 9:46:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 9:48:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Let me check my passport....OK! Im in.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 10:36:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Passport!! We don't need no steenkn' pasport! [):)]

[:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D]
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 11:03:11 AM EDT
[#17]
I'm in.  How much if I'm paid outside the U.S.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 11:45:30 AM EDT
[#18]
I'm in, but do we want him dead or alive? And my buddy wants to go too. 2 50's and about 1000rnds of match ammo as well as assorted ARs (15 and 10).  Dont know any arabic, but we will worry bout that when the time comes.  Hell we would go just to shoot stuff up!
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 11:57:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Humm, a rag-tag band of guys running around a foreign country with no support looking for a man surrounded by combat hardened troops.

You guys have never trained together, have no idea how you would get yourselves over there [b]with[/b] your gear... and you have no intelligence on Binny's location.  You don't know any of the locals... you couldn't figure out good guys from the bad... and even if you speak Arabic, there are so many dialects that it's highly improbable that Possy could talk to many folks at all.

I know this thread is meant more or less tongue in cheek... at least I hope so.  The 25M is intended to get locals to talk, not to have you renounce your citizenship (mercs are illegal in the US) and travel over there to get yourselves killed.

On the other side... sure, 25M sounds really good.  But think about our boys over there on the ground right now looking for him.  All they're getting is their military pay... something less than $30k a year.

I say let the SF team that finds his ass split the cash.  I know most of these guys wouldn't take the money though... patriotic little bastards, you've got to love them.  [:)]
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 12:31:16 PM EDT
[#20]
I have a friend with an airplane and there is a guy here locally that runs a TANK TRAINING FACILITY! He has like 25 tanks. That has got to be more than the taliban has left. I'm sure we could pick up some surplus Russian tank ammo, and we would be set.

Count me in, but we would have to get it all wrapped up in a week or so, I don't have much vacation time left. The week after Christmas would work great for me.

Michael
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 1:29:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Hey who's talking about being a merc,say I can get us there have plane and gun will travel.This guy must die,but he's no longer in Afganistan.I say he left some time ago and is very safe.Only to attack us from some other country.Their are many nations who hate us and would love to watch us fall.But for 25 mil i'm in.SEMPER FI
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 1:37:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Yeah, so we might get killed. I'm in, just pay for the food & travel. I also want to bring back an Afghan hottie.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 2:00:30 PM EDT
[#23]

I know this thread is meant more or less tongue in cheek... at least I hope so.  The 25M is intended to get locals to talk, not to have you renounce your citizenship (mercs are illegal in the US) and travel over there to get yourselves killed.

We are not mercs.
We are very well equiped bounty hunters.

Link Posted: 11/20/2001 2:03:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

We are not mercs.
We are very well equiped bounty hunters.

View Quote

Exactly....there is a $25M bounty on Bin Laden and we are going to try and collect. No need to renounce your citizenship just to go to another country and kill somebody, especially if our government condones it.

All your Afghanistan belong to U.S.

Michael
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 2:26:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Thats the spirit ponyboy!
And as far as the not training together, as long as everyone has been shot at before (excluding gang bangers) we will kick their asses.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 3:37:22 PM EDT
[#26]
I posted this on another thread with a similar topic yesterday, but it bears repeating:

If GI Joe, Tommy, or Digger find OBL and cap his ass, do they get to collect the 25 Million?

And what about the CIA or Air Force bloke behind the controls of a armed Predator? Can he make a claim??
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 4:25:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I posted this on another thread with a similar topic yesterday, but it bears repeating:

If GI Joe, Tommy, or Digger find OBL and cap his ass, do they get to collect the 25 Million?

And what about the CIA or Air Force bloke behind the controls of a armed Predator? Can he make a claim??
View Quote

No, they would not receive the reward.

Because the military works through the chain of command and the private takes orders from the LT and the LT takes orders from the Generals and so on and so forth. Therefore no one person in the military can be responsible for any one certain action if orders are followed and the buck eventually stops at George Bush. The President is elected by a vote of the people and he is an employee of the government which was designed to be a servant of the people, so George Bush is actually my personal servant. Being that I and several other million people voted for George Bush and are responsible for him being in office to give the order to capture Osama and because George actually works for us, then logically the $25M reward should be evenly distributed to those who voted for him. Naturally, should Osama be captured by the US military I will be expecting President Bush to personally deliver my share of the reward being that he is my servant as noted above.

Michael
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 4:26:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Just this morning my wife says "Want to go backpacking in Afghanistan?"...

[;)]

- CD
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 4:34:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Consider the tax implications. You would have to take a second job just to cover the Fed Income Tax!
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 4:34:11 PM EDT
[#30]
I'll go! Shit, I'm probably more qualified from all my travel then most of you guys.  That means I get to be team leader and I'll take 35% of the bounty.  Fall behind, Men!

[):)]
NSF
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 7:43:51 PM EDT
[#31]
If the CIA, NSA, Mossad, MI6, etc. can't locate the guy, what makes you think you can fare any better?  The whole reward thing is to get some henchman to become a traitor.  It'll never happen though.  I doubt that very many people in Afghanistan can even fathom what $25M represents, nor would the US actually follow through on the deal.
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 5:29:54 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
If the CIA, NSA, Mossad, MI6, etc. can't locate the guy, what makes you think you can fare any better?  

These are Gov. agencys, we would not be hampered by any bureaucrats, when we received info we could react right then!
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 6:23:03 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
If the CIA, NSA, Mossad, MI6, etc. can't locate the guy, what makes you think you can fare any better?  

These are Gov. agencys, we would not be hampered by any bureaucrats, when we received info we could react right then!
View Quote

Sounds like a plan...So when are you going??
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top