Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2001 5:22:04 AM EDT
Does anyone else see the irony in a peace-loving, dope smoking liberal saying that we should illegalize guns so there would be less shootings?  Has the fact that pot is illegal kept them from blazing up?

[i]Has anyone pointed out to them that their blatant disregard for the law against possession of marijuana MAKES our point that if you illegalize guns, only criminals will have them???[/i]

** I'm really not on an anti-pot rant... just frustrated with people who break the law when it suits them and then want to take away a right that is legally ours.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 5:24:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Correlation: Smoking pot kills brain cells.

Conclusion: expect LOTS of stupidity from marijuana users.

"I don't care WHAT rights they take away - as long as they don't take away MY rights."

Link Posted: 11/20/2001 5:31:46 AM EDT
[#2]
garandman -

While I understand your point, ALL drugs as well as the abuse of alcohol kill brain cells.  Should we expect stupidity from all military members (partied like crazy in the Navy)?  Should we expect stupidity from all college students (lots more partying, plus that's where our politicians, etc. come from)?

Like I said, I'm not trying to rant about pot... just the irony that a pot smoker would gripe about illegalizing guns in order to keep them out of people's hands.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 5:32:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Not really.  I think it fits perfectly with that mentality.

The feeling they get from puffing is that everything is cool, nothing to worry about.

"I don't have to be responsible for myself.  Just give me a joint and a couple boxes of Twinkies and I'm fine.  If everybody were like me there would be no need for guns."

That's not reality.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 5:32:42 AM EDT
[#4]
These very same people are also the ones who:

Throw rocks at store windows during protests.

Attack people wearing articles of clothing made from animal skin/fur.

Steal from their places of work because 'the man' is always keeping them down.

etc.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 5:36:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Irony- Isn't that what servants are for? I do like well-pressed clothing

(Best Eric Cartman voice) Hey, missy! get in the kitchen and make me a pie!

[b][i]JUST KIDDING, MM[/i][/b]

uh-oh, gotta vaccuum before the wife gets home... gotta go.

BTW you are right about the inconsitancy of their illogic.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 5:37:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Damage to the brain, regardless of the cause, or the relative political affiliation, is STILL damage to the brain.

That said....

Stupidity is actually usually a choice, not so much biological in nature, but philosophical. And frequently age is also a factor. My experience is that MOST college kids are dumber than a box of rocks.

Link Posted: 11/20/2001 5:51:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Stupidity is actually usually a choice, not so much biological in nature, but philosophical. And frequently age is also a factor. My experience is that MOST college kids are dumber than a box of rocks.
View Quote

I would agree.  I've generally found that being "young and stupid," which is the excuse most young people like to rationalize their poor behavior with, generally leads to being old and stupid because they never learn good judgement.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 6:17:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I would agree.  I've generally found that being "young and stupid," which is the excuse most young people like to rationalize their poor behavior with, generally leads to being old and stupid because they never learn good judgement.

God Bless Texas
View Quote
I call it "deliberate ignorance".  It's much easier to be stupid and have other people tell you what to think and how to believe than to actually learn something new every day and think about how it fits into everything else you know.  To some extent, everyone practices it (you cannot, unless you're Leonardo DaVinci maybe, know a lot about everything), but it seems the last generation or two don't know nothin' 'bout nothin', and are proud of the fact.  

The real problem with that is ignorance leads to dependence on those few who [i]do[/i] think, and those few may or may not be looking out for your best interests.  Thus, the general population looks to Big Government to tell them how to live their lives.  

__

Human beings are the only creatures in the universe capable of embracing three mutually exclusive beliefs before breakfast.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 6:54:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'll quote Roger Kimball
from "Higher Education's Left Turn"
which appeared in [i]American Legion[/i]:

Four years and $100,000-plus later, parents discover that college has succeeded in stripping their children of the moral, intellectual and social values they spent the first 18 years of life attempting to instill.
View Quote

I caught on to this in high
school. It got kind of ugly.

Link Posted: 11/20/2001 7:03:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I'll quote Roger Kimball
from [u]Higher Education's Left Turn[/u]
which appeared in [i]American Legion[/i]:

Four years and $100,000-plus later, parents discover that college has succeeded in stripping their children of the moral, intellectual and social values they spent the first 18 years of life attempting to instill.
View Quote

I caught on to this in high
school. It got kind of ugly.

View Quote

There are few things more beautiful than a high school / college student who "gets it" giving their professors heck.

[}:D]

But you are right - stupidity in college age students is not only a by-product of lack of experience, it is a LEARNED behaviour.

Link Posted: 11/20/2001 7:20:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
These very same people are also the ones who:

Attack people wearing articles of clothing made from animal skin/fur.

View Quote

I particularly love these morons.  They're real brave throwing blood on some little old lady wearing a mink stole.  I had this conversation once with an animal-rights twit.  My response to him was, "You want to impress me, I'll make you a deal.  You go to Sturgis, SD and throw blood on a Hell's Angel in full leathers and I'll eat nothing but tofu and bean sprouts from now on."  Still enjoying my steaks and brats. [:D]
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 7:31:48 AM EDT
[#12]
What I want to know is, when is a "gun rights" organisation going to sue the anti-gun rights groups for stepping on our rights. After all the liberal groups out there cry foul when any law passed violates some precevied civil liberties, that are not even spelled out in the Constitution or the Bill of Rights!
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 11:29:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
What I want to know is, when is a "gun rights" organisation going to sue the anti-gun rights groups for stepping on our rights. After all the liberal groups out there cry foul when any law passed violates some precevied civil liberties, that are not even spelled out in the Constitution or the Bill of Rights!
View Quote

I actually was getting something like that organized, but then Sept 11 happened, and everybody was donating to that. Maybe in another 6 months when people's disposable income comes back I'll start it up again.

BTW, the original thread is here:

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=47900[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top