Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/19/2001 9:50:11 PM EDT
[url]http://www.FOXNEWS.COM/story/0,2933,39104,00.html[/url]

My favorite quote is: "The best defense against 'guys with guns' is women with guns."
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 10:00:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Take woman out of it an put in people. With this simple substitution you get the reason for our second ammendment. With out reference to gender. Any time you take away the right of a people to own the tools they need to remain free they will become slaves. The people may be women, men, a religion, a class ,... what ever. If we all have the right and the means than we will survive......
pat
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 10:04:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm going to show this to my girlfriend. This is a rather novel idea. Maybe limit total arms availability to handguns, as they are primarily for defense. Women and men could utilize them in the same manner. I would think it harder for a woman to handle a rifle than a man.

enemy
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 10:11:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I agree with you in spirit, but this commentary was designed to draw attention.  If she had written an article titled "Arm the Afghan People"  it probably would have gotten a yawn from the editor.  The 'feminist view' puts a fresh (to most people anyway) spin on the issue, making it more interesting to the public, and women in particular.
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 10:13:57 PM EDT
[#4]
That is not a bad start! Get wthe ladies involved in the RTKABA movement and men will follow!
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 10:28:03 PM EDT
[#5]
At night I go up on the roof with my Kalashnikov [a Russian assault rifle] and my hand grenades to protect my house,"
View Quote

thats the coolest thing ive heard in a long while!
(although i would hope i never need to do that myself)
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 10:51:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes, arm the Afghan womenz so in 5 years they too will be able to carry out terrorist attacks against the U.S.
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 10:57:44 PM EDT
[#7]
The terrorists were not armed wiht any thing that was considered a weapon. In fact the knives they carried were perfectly legal to walk past airport security with. Arming someone that wnats to protect their home will never cause a terorst incedent. Taking rights away from a people will cause them to strike back.
When we all have the right and the means to protect what we love we will get along a hole lot better.
In some ways I still think these women need a cover on their heads... see how ugly they are?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top