Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/19/2001 9:23:57 PM EDT
At present rate of retail consumption, how long do you think it will take to exhaust the retail supply of hi caps for AR? AK? SKS? M14?
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 9:26:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn it I'm doing my best! I can't stop buying to answer your questions....

[:D]
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 9:27:04 PM EDT
[#2]
it wont.. there will either be enough post bans in the market, the ban will over-turn, or we will get tired of this BULL SHIT, and get our revenge.
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 9:28:39 PM EDT
[#3]
a hundred years or so ... but by then we will have batteries for our light weapons..pat
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 9:38:40 PM EDT
[#4]
A buddy and me ran discussed this some time ago. There aren't any hard figures that I can find to support any conclusions, but my best guess is that as long as there's a market here in the U.S., the mags will continue to be imported - at least until some congressman/woman &/or senator decides to bar their importation. Of course, that will only increase their value.

I operate under the assumption that as long as I have the money to spend and the opportunity presents itself, I'll take advantage of the opportunity. I've missed that chance too many times in the past to let it slip away now. Hi cap magazines are nearly as good as gold, or maybe even better, when you consider that they're constructed simply of stamped sheet metal or plastic. Tactical value is obvious, too.

Bottom line: the future is uncertain, so don't assume that they'll always be available. And they're a good trading & buying commodity all to themselves.

If you've got the cash, then make your move while you still can. [;)]

[heavy]
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 1:15:51 AM EDT
[#5]
i recall the manufacturer but i remember someone telling me that one of the USGI contractors hasnt been marking their mags making them indistiguishable from pre-bans. anyone know more about this?
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 1:19:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
i recall the manufacturer but i remember someone telling me that one of the USGI contractors hasnt been marking their mags making them indistiguishable from pre-bans. anyone know more about this?
View Quote

I believe USGI mags, while not stamped "leo only" are date coded.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 1:28:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't have first hand experience (no I haven't seen them), but someone said that Centerlines only put the date codes on the floorplate, so swapping out that small part makes them indistiguishable.

Maybe just another rumor.  It doesn't matter to me.  I have enough mags to last a few lifetimes.

Of course I only bought them because some idiot decided to ban them.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 7:03:42 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't know if Center just started the above?
I have several NIW that have dates of ?/92 on the side of them (forgot). So they have been dating them for a while.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 7:05:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Forgot!
M14 and FAL mags are very "hardy" and should last forever.......
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 7:23:40 AM EDT
[#10]
There will always been mags around, the prices are going to go up, but someone will be willing to provide them.  
Everyone should have a couple of post-ban mags in their collection.  Seeing the "for government use only" on them give me a chuckle.
c-rock
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 7:30:07 AM EDT
[#11]
ok here is the situation on the date stamping.

center industries has for many years been date stamping the mags. for example i have several dated 4/92 the stamp is on the body of the mag, not the floorplate, and is clearly visible..

after the ban, they contined this practice as normal, without the leo markings. another example: i also have some dated 7/99 and 4/00, that have no leo markings at all.

best i can tell sometime between 4/00 and 5/01 they finally started to include the leo markings, i know this as i got duped with some dated 5/01 a while ago, and they have the markings.

there are some center mags with no markings on them whatsoever, i have 2. pre-post don't know, can't prove either so i don't care.

theres the sit-rep on the mystery mags.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top