Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/19/2001 3:49:48 PM EDT
Just on the Fox Report.

Rumsfeld informs the press what many have known for weeks. US personnal are in the south Philippines, not just as advisors but actively looking for the Abu Sayyef terrorists and the two remaining American hostages they have been holding for the better part of a year.

The US clames to have hard evidence that Abu Sayyef recieved financial support and training from both Iraq and Osama bin Laden.

At the same time the media is full of specualtion on when the US is going to attack Iraq.  Now I dont know about you all, but isnt trying to get two of our people back, and destroying the terrorists who held them first before we do something else?

On the other hand, one MEU/SOC should be able to handle Abu Sayyef on their little island.
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 4:19:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Found this on the Communist News Network:
[url]http://www.cnn.com/2001/WORLD/asiapcf/southeast/11/19/phil.attack/index.html[/url]

Looks like the Moros are giving the Philippine Army all it can handle.
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 8:46:53 PM EDT
[#2]
The Moros have ALWAYS given the Filipino Army all it could handle.  It's liks a silent civil war over there, and pretty much the reason why I haven't gone back to visit "the motherland."  I'm really not sure why Muslim Factions always hate the USA.

If anyone's wondering it pretty much breaks down into 2 groups, the North (OK with America, christian) vrs. the south (Muslim, hate USA)
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 3:54:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 4:56:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Oh my God, don't you realize that this is just the US Empire running roughshod over the indigenous peoples? This is what makes them hate us and we deserve to be attacked for interfering in the affairs of other nations! We should cut way back on the military. We don't need them doing this kind of thing. It only breeds resentment and we get another 9.11.01!

Outstanding.

Get some.

Semper Fidelis
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 6:36:52 AM EDT
[#5]
When I was in Philippines about 27 years ago we called them "HUK's", same bunch?
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 9:36:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 1:39:23 PM EDT
[#7]
The last large group of hostages taken by Aby Sayeef had two Finnish guys squatting there in the jungle for 140 days.

They went on a diving trip and got snatched by the terrorists.

Link Posted: 11/20/2001 1:42:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Oh my God, don't you realize that this is just the US Empire running roughshod over the indigenous peoples? This is what makes them hate us and we deserve to be attacked for interfering in the affairs of other nations! We should cut way back on the military. We don't need them doing this kind of thing. It only breeds resentment and we get another 9.11.01!

Outstanding.

Get some.

Semper Fidelis
View Quote

LOL!!! You sound all frantic in the sarcastic part- sort of like Alan Colmes on Hannity and Colmes! "What should we FEEL about this??? Why can't the GOVERNMENT keep us safe????"
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 6:02:50 PM EDT
[#9]
The Philippines asked for US assistance today to bring down the Moro's:
[url]http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/ap/20011120/pl/us_philippines_3.html[/url]

No troops were asked for yet, in fact there is going to be some serious trouble with the Philippine Congress and its many Communist members who are more worried about US "Reoccupation" than how many people the Moro's kill.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 7:26:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Jarhead_22.

That sounds like Clinton's speach.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top