Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2001 3:20:45 PM EDT
I lost my Dad last week...
My wife's Mom passed away this evening
This really sucks
This is the worst month of my entire life.

Sorry guys but I just needed to vent!

Geo
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 3:23:10 PM EDT
[#1]
... Oh man, I cannot imagine your pain. Go easy on yourself brother.
Stay in close touch with your friends and family.
God bless.
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 3:31:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I am so sorry for your losses, AAA...please accept our warmest hugs.
It is horrible to loose a parent, at any age.
I know what you are going through.
Please send your wife a hug from Colorado also.
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 3:34:43 PM EDT
[#3]
God Bless you and your family.
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 3:35:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I lost my Dad last week...
My wife's Mom passed away this evening
This really sucks
This is the worst month of my entire life.

Sorry guys but I just needed to vent!

Geo
View Quote

You have my humblest condolences.  I lost my father 11 years ago, and I know the pain associated with such a great loss.  My wife lost her Grandmother two weeks ago yesterday, and it hit her very hard.  She lost her best friend in that freak Port Isbel bridge collapse, a few weeks later someone maimed her cat, and then her grandmother passed away.  She too feels as though this has been the worst time of her life.  There is nothing so painful as losing the ones we love, but it should remind us that when we are gone it is how we lived that is remembered.  As long as you both remember and love those who have left you, they will truly live on forever.

I'll say a prayer for you, your wife, and both of your families and I hope that you both comfort each other through these rough times.  We're a big family here, and though we fight, we never leave one of our own down.

God bless you and your wife.

Tex
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 3:39:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I am [b]very[/b] sorry for your loss and you have my upmost sincere condolences. I lost both of my parents a couple of years ago. Try you best to keep your head up... I know there are no "quick fixes".

Tyler
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 3:41:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 3:52:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry to hear that...I am sorry for your loss.  Take care of your wife and yourself.  Time does not heal all wounds, but it will lessen the pain some.  God Bless

medcop
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 4:13:12 PM EDT
[#8]
God be with you, your wife and your family in this time of loss and trial.

Eric The(HeShallWipeAwayEveryTear!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 4:20:18 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm very sorry to hear about your recent losses.  My prayers are with you and your wife.
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 4:20:28 PM EDT
[#10]
My prayers are with you and your family, keep your passed loved ones in your thoughts, it has helped me.
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 4:26:26 PM EDT
[#11]
My sympathies for your loss.

My dad and 3 grandparents have been gone a long time.  My favorite grandmother, nearly ten years, my mom four.  While I still think of them often the pain DOES lessen with time.  Rest assured it will become more bearable as you adjust.
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 5:04:47 PM EDT
[#12]
God Bless, AAA... just take solace that they're in a better place now.
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 5:18:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for all your kind words and prayers.
I've never had to deal with death like this before.

Thanks Again

Geo

Link Posted: 11/19/2001 6:35:22 PM EDT
[#14]
My condolences...  Everyone, cameras are cheap.  Take lots of pictures of your family.  Make a scrapbook.  They will become treasures as you go back to look at them now and then.  You will never regret doing so.
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 7:37:27 PM EDT
[#15]
I feel at least half of your pain.  I lost my father as my family and I were on the road to see him.

Take care and vent to us any time you need to.

SRM
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 11:08:16 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm very, very sorry for your loss. I hope you're holding up okay. God bless you.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 7:16:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Oh,God. My heart felt sorrow goes out to you. I have a feeling, that you will see them again.
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 7:21:04 PM EDT
[#18]
I try to always look at the good side of any situation. While this is horribly tragic, you could also look at things from the perspective that you and your wife are going through this time together. You are experiencing some of the same grief feelings about losing a parent. This could be a very positive thing to bring you two closer together if you are open and communicate your hearts to each other.

Just trying to find the light in there somewhere.

Be well.

Link Posted: 11/20/2001 7:24:18 PM EDT
[#19]
My condolences. [:(] Losing a parent is tough. I lost my dad a few years back. I can't imagine losing both in such a short time frame. Chin up. The are at a better place and at peace away from the troubles of the world.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top