Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/20/2008 8:09:25 PM EDT
Here's the article:

Linky

Basically Spike has made a movie about African-American soldiers during WWII and is accusing Clint Eastwood of knowingly leaving out black contributions to the war effort, particularly in Iwo Jima.

Please note the last paragraph -

"(Spike Lee was) Wearing a T-shirt promoting Barack Obama, he also spoke of the significance of the United States having a black American president one day."

I have to wonder if Spikes accusations (read the article) are valid and, as well, if he is, pardon the expression, ginning up racial division not only for his movie, but to assist B. Hussein Obama in the campaigns plot to accuse all who do not vote for B. Hussein Obama as racists.

Hmmmm???
Link Posted: 5/20/2008 8:13:40 PM EDT
[#1]
The movie was based off a book. The book had nothing about African Americans fighting in it. Blame James Bardley for not writing about them.
Wait, no... blame history for not having any African American soldiers present at the flag raising on Suribachi, which was the subject of the book.
Link Posted: 5/20/2008 8:14:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Its a war movie. I dont want to watch a bunch of guys driving and unloading trucks the whole time, regardlesss of color.  Granted they did a important part, but everyone did.  Does some old lady need to be in the movie too because she saved some bacon grease?
Link Posted: 5/20/2008 8:15:51 PM EDT
[#3]
spike lee is a raciest
see two can play that game
Link Posted: 5/20/2008 8:17:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I always enjoy looking at history textbooks these days. I was looking through my American History Survey II book and the section on WW2 had almost as much about the black contribution to the war as it did regarding the war in the Pacific

Absolutely ridiculous....
Link Posted: 5/20/2008 8:17:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Spike is a no-talent hack.  His movies are pathetic and childish.
Sorry Spike, the main story on Iwo wasn't black Marines, it was just fucking Marines.  Pretentious homo.  
His movie will be about selfless black men saving retarded white people.  There, I saved everyone the time and money.
Link Posted: 5/20/2008 8:19:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Screw Spike Lee.........all his films suck, and he is an attention whore of the same mold as Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. Someone should start accusing Spike of being a racist for painting white people in such an unflattering light in his movies
Link Posted: 5/20/2008 8:19:53 PM EDT
[#7]

This is my surprised face.
Link Posted: 5/20/2008 8:21:04 PM EDT
[#8]
All these years I thought "President" was supposed to be capitalized.
Link Posted: 5/20/2008 8:21:37 PM EDT
[#9]

I dont want to watch a bunch of guys driving and unloading trucks the whole time

It's funny to me because it's true , not racist
Link Posted: 5/20/2008 8:25:36 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I dont want to watch a bunch of guys driving and unloading trucks the whole time

+1
Link Posted: 5/20/2008 8:29:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Spike is full of shit. The black contribution in WWII was significant for what it was, but the were a minority in the country and especially on the battle field. Black America was doing great until crybabies like Spike came along trying to blow every black man in history out of proportion and screaming about what they're owed. He does a disservice to his ancestors who were in the war. He isn't 1/1000 the man they were.
Link Posted: 5/20/2008 8:32:43 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
"(Spike Lee was) Wearing a T-shirt promoting Barack Obama, he also spoke of the significance of the United States having a black American president one day."

NOT EXACTLY - Barack Hussein Obama is not even half black. If elected, he would be the first Arab-American President, not the first black President. Barack Hussein Obama is 50% Caucasian from his mother's side and 43.75% Arabic and 6.25% African Negro from his father's side. While Barack Hussein Obama's father was from Kenya, his father's family was mainly Arabs.. Barack Hussein Obama's father was only 12.5% African Negro and 87.5% Arab (his father's birth certificate even states he's Arab, not African Negro). From....and for more....go to.....

www.arcadeathome.com/newsboy.phtml?Barack_Hussein_Obama_-_Arab-American,_only_6.25%25_African
Link Posted: 5/20/2008 8:32:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Spike Lee is a bitter, resentful little twerp with an inflated sense of self-importance.
Link Posted: 5/20/2008 8:35:52 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Spike Lee is a bitter, resentful little twerp with an inflated sense of self-importance.

Damn, that is sooooo correct.

Well said Ski!
Link Posted: 5/20/2008 10:06:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Spike Lee is a racist who promotes racial division.  That is his schtick.  That is what his movies are about.  He's like the Terminator... that's all he does.

Spike Lee, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson... peas in a pod.  
Link Posted: 5/20/2008 10:07:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Spike Lee needs to get spiked.
Link Posted: 5/20/2008 10:12:54 PM EDT
[#17]
he's just trying to make waves to promote his off balanced view.

he can kiss the fatest part of my ass
Link Posted: 5/20/2008 10:18:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Spike Lee can go suck his ass.

"Shoot him - with a .44-caliber Bulldog,"
~ Spike Lee,
when asked what he thought of then-NRA President Charlton Heston. (May, 1999)

Link Posted: 5/20/2008 10:18:50 PM EDT
[#19]
I love when liberals attack each other.
Link Posted: 5/20/2008 10:27:09 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

+1

I'm pretty sure Clint Eastwood doesn't care what Spike Lee says or thinks.

There was a black armored unit that served courageously in the the European theatre that would be good fodder for a WWII film. I wouldn't want Spike Lee to make it though.

761st Tank Battalion
Link Posted: 5/20/2008 10:40:00 PM EDT
[#21]
There was a Pima present at the flag raising.  Ithink the US government treated the indians pretty bad, maybe even worse than african slaves seeing that the US government pretty much stole their land and killed them wholesale..  just sayin.

I like Spike Lee's movies but he does tend to ride the wave when it comes along..
Link Posted: 5/20/2008 10:40:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Fuck Spike Lee.
Link Posted: 5/21/2008 1:09:04 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Fuck Spike Lee.

+1, I get fucked off with all this shit, there is a pro black publication that does the rounds at work(Prison Service), no one complains, I am no racist but say I brought in something pro white, I'd be out of a job!!!!
Link Posted: 5/21/2008 1:24:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Spike is jealous ole whitey Clint Eastwood is 10 times the actor and director he will ever be.  I bet Clint could still kick Spikes ass.
Link Posted: 5/21/2008 1:38:02 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Clint is a conservative last I checked.
Link Posted: 5/21/2008 1:55:34 AM EDT
[#26]
I like this morsel of wisdom: "The Dirty Dozen was among the few films that showed the contribution made by African-American soldiers."

The Dirty Dozen is among my favorite war movies but not because of its historical accuracy.
Link Posted: 5/21/2008 2:03:26 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

NOT EXACTLY - Barack Hussein Obama is not even half black. If elected, he would be the first Arab-American President, not the first black President. Barack Hussein Obama is 50% Caucasian from his mother's side and 43.75% Arabic and 6.25% African Negro from his father's side. While Barack Hussein Obama's father was from Kenya, his father's family was mainly Arabs.. Barack Hussein Obama's father was only 12.5% African Negro and 87.5% Arab (his father's birth certificate even states he's Arab, not African Negro). From....and for more....go to.....

www.arcadeathome.com/newsboy.phtml?Barack_Hussein_Obama_-_Arab-American,_only_6.25%25_African

So Barack will be our first Pharaoh . Oh, the bitter irony...
Link Posted: 5/21/2008 2:15:36 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

+1,000,000

He's also about as good for race relations as Hitler was IMHO.
Link Posted: 5/21/2008 3:33:06 AM EDT
[#29]
I still have to wonder if his flame fanning was coordinated with the B. Hussein Obama campaign.

I'm not a conspiracy nut - at least not on the level of *some* folks on arfcom - but I refuse to believe in coincidence, particularly when it comes to politics.

I find it peculiar that, apparently, Spike starts this ad hoc rant against Eastwood about racism while wearing a B.H.O. t-shirt.

I would not be surprised if today, ObamiWanKenoba somehow dovetails a speech about it. Maybe today BHO will make a speech about racism in the military, maybe today BHO will mention racism in Hollywoods, etc.
Link Posted: 5/21/2008 3:38:31 AM EDT
[#30]
Dammit. And I was gonna ask Spike to Autograph my Air Jordans...

Link Posted: 5/21/2008 3:39:11 AM EDT
[#31]
Spike in happier times with Tax cheat pal

Link Posted: 5/21/2008 3:39:58 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You should check again.
Link Posted: 5/21/2008 3:42:52 AM EDT
[#33]
He is another jesse jackson. When he isn't getting any attention, he will start shit like this up.
Link Posted: 5/21/2008 3:45:02 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
spike lee is a raciest
see two can play that game

"What do you mean, racist? Blacks can't even be racists, they don't have enought institutional power." - Michelle Obama
Link Posted: 5/21/2008 3:56:38 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

BINGO!!!!!!  
Link Posted: 5/21/2008 4:01:52 AM EDT
[#36]
Whether the esteemed Mr. Lee wants to come to terms with it or not, African Americans were NOT always a major factor in everything. Were they on Iwo Jima? YES. Was Flags of Our Fathers a story about the experiences of black troops on Iwo Jima? NO.
I believe in giving any group their due, but MANUFACTURING the importance of (insert minority group here) in a historical context just to placate them? No. Tell it like it was. Period.
Link Posted: 5/21/2008 9:13:55 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 5/21/2008 9:14:55 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Spike is a no-talent hack.  His movies are pathetic and childish.
Sorry Spike, the main story on Iwo wasn't black Marines, it was just fucking Marines.  Pretentious homo.  
His movie will be about selfless black men saving retarded white people.  There, I saved everyone the time and money.

+1

/thread.
Link Posted: 5/21/2008 9:17:41 AM EDT
[#39]
Only got one thing to say to Spike Lee.

No talent hack needs to go the way of Teddy.........
Link Posted: 5/21/2008 9:19:31 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
There was a Pima present at the flag raising.  Ithink the US government treated the indians pretty bad, maybe even worse than african slaves seeing that the US government pretty much stole their land and killed them wholesale..  just sayin.

I like Spike Lee's movies but he does tend to ride the wave when it comes along..

Link Posted: 5/21/2008 9:27:11 AM EDT
[#41]
I expect some serious riots if Obama doesn't win everything.
Link Posted: 5/21/2008 9:30:29 AM EDT
[#42]
Clint Eastwood directed the thing he didn't cast the entire movie. He can't blame Eastwood for that kind of oversight. But since none of the main characters were African American it really doesn't make much difference in the first place.
Link Posted: 5/21/2008 9:36:46 AM EDT
[#43]
Why doesn't spike lee make a movie about how l.b.j.'s 'war on poverty' fucked the black family almost out of existence.  Or does the little asshole only do fictional crap?
Link Posted: 5/21/2008 9:48:57 AM EDT
[#44]
Yawn.

Spike who?
Link Posted: 5/21/2008 9:50:09 AM EDT
[#45]
You lost me after the words "Spike Lee".....
Link Posted: 5/21/2008 9:50:21 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Its a war movie. I dont want to watch a bunch of guys driving and unloading trucks the whole time, regardlesss of color.  Granted they did a important part, but everyone did.  Does some old lady need to be in the movie too because she saved some bacon grease?

Link Posted: 5/21/2008 9:53:47 AM EDT
[#47]
At least "Inside Man" was a pretty good movie.
Link Posted: 5/21/2008 10:02:48 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Plus One.

Like four black marines died at Iwo Jima, and the wikipedia article that mentions it doesn't even say _how_ they died.

Everybody in the military has an important role to play, but nobody wants to watch a fucking movie about truck drivers for the Ammunition Company.

~BakerMike
Link Posted: 5/21/2008 10:07:28 AM EDT
[#49]
Yo' Spikeness Sickatates Me,I'm calling Al and Jessie! Gonna whip your Runt Azz into Shape Bitch!

Spike Lee was/is nothing better than a Hypocrite,Liar and Rascist

Could'nt make a Movie better than what I'm going to Flush down my Latrine
Link Posted: 5/21/2008 10:07:52 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Libertarian, actually.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top