Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/16/2008 11:17:35 AM EDT
I got a questionnaire in the mail today that I'm up for consideration. I don't want to do it, is there anything I can put on it w/o getting myself in trouble to not get picked?

Link Posted: 5/16/2008 11:19:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Yup...move to a country that has a Legal System where you are not judge by 12 of your peers.  China is having quite the economic boom now-a-days.
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 11:20:03 AM EDT
[#2]
tell them that you hate black people

a better idea would be to do your duty as a citizen of this country and serve on a jury.
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 11:20:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Just tell them that the cops would not arrest the guy person if they are not guilty, right.

That has got to be a lot of paper work.
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 11:20:08 AM EDT
[#4]
I wish I would be picked for Jury duty.  
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 11:20:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Get your flame suit on.
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 11:20:56 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
a better idea would be to do your duty as a citizen of this country and serve on a jury.

^^ This
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 11:21:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Never understood why people try to get out of it. As a citizen it is a right and responsibility.
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 11:21:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 11:23:36 AM EDT
[#9]
I get paid weather or not I'm at work, and I think jury duty would be pretty cool to experience. unfortunately I will never
be picked for a jury due to the fact that I work for the Texas Dept. of Criminal Justice , and defense lawyers usually don't like that.
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 11:23:45 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
They're drawing jurors from Mozambique now?

If I recall correctly, he is an american, "Just likes their flag"
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 11:24:09 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I just noticed that myself. What gives.
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 11:24:26 AM EDT
[#12]
I've served on a jury twice.

Suck it up.

And do a good job; you know, as if YOU were the one on trial.

Rights DO come with responsibilities, despite what the 'popular 'culture may tell you.
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 11:24:39 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Well it's getting hard to find American citizens who will work for cheap. So why not outsource jury duty also?
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 11:24:52 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Never understood why people try to get out of it. As a citizen it is a right and responsibility.

If it was at the local court I wouldn't mind it so much but the federal court isn't even in the same county as me, over an hour commute each way, being federal who knows how long a trial could drag on for, and for what $5 or 6/hr that might not even cover gas and parking.
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 11:24:59 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I did it sucks, no work for 3 days.

The exrta driving, sitting there waiting and waiting. I fucking fell asleep and they still picked he. The 3 hour lunches. And thinking why is he looking at he? does he know me? Does he know where I live?

I was fun to do once but I am done.
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 11:25:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Even if you get out this time,they'll call you back in a year or less....Get it over with now.
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 11:25:38 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Heh I'm on long island, fed court is in brooklyn.
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 11:25:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Do your duty.
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 11:26:05 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I get paid weather or not I'm at work, and I think jury duty would be pretty cool to experience. unfortunately I will never
be picked for a jury due to the fact that I work for the Texas Dept. of Criminal Justice , and defense lawyers usually don't like that.

You could get a civil case.
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 11:27:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Why don't you serve so that the next time a Bladerunner comes up there is someone sane on the jury?

Link Posted: 5/16/2008 11:27:27 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You could get a civil case.

that doesn't sound as fun as a criminal trial.
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 11:30:22 AM EDT
[#22]
You can tell them that you're prejudiced against all races.  That'll get you good and blacklisted.  

I'd suggest just doing your civic duty though.
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 11:30:36 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Why don't you serve so that the next time a Bladerunner comes up there is someone sane on the jury?

glad someone said it.
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 11:30:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Fucking pathetic
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 11:31:22 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If it was at the local court I wouldn't mind it so much but the federal court isn't even in the same county as me, over an hour commute each way, being federal who knows how long a trial could drag on for, and for what $5 or 6/hr that might not even cover gas and parking.

Sorry, but I see it as part of my citizenship to this great country. I hope if I am on trial it's not to much trouble for someone to show up
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 11:31:33 AM EDT
[#26]
Being a good citizen should not be a matter of convenience.  It is your civic responsibility to serve as a juror when called.

Link Posted: 5/16/2008 11:31:44 AM EDT
[#27]
I've done jury duty 3 times now- all three were in the same year.  I don't get selected for trials too often because my dad was a cop, but I got on two of them.

It's your duty as a citizen.
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 11:32:15 AM EDT
[#28]
Don't take off the duds you wear working in the yard this weekend, make sure you have a wife beater tshirt, get some Sharpies and work up this tat..........

Link Posted: 5/16/2008 11:34:49 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Only the lighter ones.
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 11:34:55 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I got a questionnaire in the mail today that I'm up for consideration. I don't want to do it, is there anything I can put on it w/o getting myself in trouble to not get picked? [://

You Sir. Truly do not understand that YOU have a chance to try and make things right!

You are a Sheep in the greatest definition of doing nothing until the Wolf bites you in the ASS! Then You'll Baaa and look for the herd to do something but the other Sheep will be too busy grazing to stop and help you.

Man up and do your part as an American!

~R

ETA to add a few more words.
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 11:35:33 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Being a good citizen should not be a matter of convenience.  It is your civic responsibility to serve as a juror when called.

Agreed, the last time I was called, I was able to get a little notice, I took 4 days off (I can make over a 1K a day depending on fraight) and felt that the pay loss was worth taking part in my civic duty.
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 11:36:10 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

You could volunteer.
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 11:37:45 AM EDT
[#33]
Wow.  That is one Jury I would actually like to be on.

As far as "getting out" of it, I suggest you print up the thread regarding the Arfcommer who was sentenced to three years for a malfunction.  Tell them "This is why I want to be on the jury.  To prevent injustice such as This!"     It would work, but probably get you on a list.

In all seriousness, do some research on "Jury Nullification"  If you believe in the Constitution as written, and you believe you should be free to form your own judgment, they will not want you on the Jury.   Do not use the phrase, because it will only anger them.  Just work the general theory into the responses you give them during selection.

Link Posted: 5/16/2008 11:40:16 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Don't take off the duds you wear working in the yard this weekend, make sure you have a wife beater tshirt, get some Sharpies and work up this tat..........

www.adl.org/hate_symbols/processed_new_images/noose.jpg

Don't do that in NY.  Instant Felony.  
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 11:40:44 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I got a questionnaire in the mail today that I'm up for consideration. I don't want to do it, is there anything I can put on it w/o getting myself in trouble to not get picked?

Show up and serve.

Our jury system is one of the few things standing between us and a real, honest-to-God police state.  The day we don't have to worry about being called for jury duty any more is the day the last vestiges of our liberty die.
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 11:42:27 AM EDT
[#36]
Damn I wish I could serve on a a jury!  I think it is an important part of exercising my citizenship rights and giving back to society.

Unfortunately every time I am picked for jury selection I get dropped out the first round.  I think it has something to do with  the thinking that those who have any type of law enforcement experience are automatically biased against defendants!   Of course they don't believe me when I say I have an open mind and base my decisions of facts as presented!
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 11:46:57 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

NY has a dress code and ban on tat's?
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 11:47:29 AM EDT
[#38]
Avoid it?

Its your damn civic duty.
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 11:47:57 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Show me one conviction

ETA 88's are pos but they can disfigure their bodies any way they wish
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 11:49:19 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=75&t=710314

www.newsday.com/news/local/nassau/ny-stnoos165687863may16,0,7497669.story
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 11:49:31 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wonder if it has been appealed.

In New York, the crime of first-degree aggravated harassment covers actions intended to harass, threaten or alarm a victim chosen for reasons of bias. The display of swastikas on property without the owner's permission and the burning of crosses also are covered

I think tats don't apply.
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 11:53:03 AM EDT
[#42]
I will do my duty when called for ....just because of the >.01 percent chance of it being about firearms or some other sheep ignorant subject....
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 12:00:00 PM EDT
[#43]
[Red Foreman]Jury duty is the reason why we aren't sitting up in a tree somewhere flinging our crap at each other.[/Red Foreman]
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 12:01:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Do your civic duty.
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 12:05:54 PM EDT
[#45]
grow some balls.  they wanted me for jury duty when I was in FTO.
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 12:06:09 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
tell them that you hate black people

Do your DUTY.

On a enjoyable note, perhaps you get to vote "guilty" on some scumbag OR vote "not guilty" on someone just minding his own business (like being arrested for having a malfuntioning rifle double-tap).

Do your duty. Don't listen to the crap the judge pulls about "you must vote guilty" if you disagree with a bad law - it is YOUR vote. What are they going to do, arrest you for voting the "wrong" way on a jury? Help keep this nation FREE.

edit: like the posters below, do not mention jury nullification, just read up on it.
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 12:07:25 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

That will get you disqualified in most places. Although there are a few places left I'm sure where it would get you bumped to the top of the list.
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 12:08:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Jury Duty isn't so bad..I don't know if anything will work to get out of a Federal jury duty.  They can always send you to a case that doesn't pertain to your predudices..lol  I am on a case for 6 months..suck it up and do your civil duty..
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 12:09:31 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Wow.  That is one Jury I would actually like to be on.

As far as "getting out" of it, I suggest you print up the thread regarding the Arfcommer who was sentenced to three years for a malfunction.  Tell them "This is why I want to be on the jury.  To prevent injustice such as This!"     It would work, but probably get you on a list.

In all seriousness, do some research on "Jury Nullification"  If you believe in the Constitution as written, and you believe you should be free to form your own judgment, they will not want you on the Jury.   Do not use the phrase, because it will only anger them.  Just work the general theory into the responses you give them during selection.

+1.

Jury nullification might get you out of jury.  However, if you want to do your civic duty I would read up on it and not mention it unless asked.  You can read about it here en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jury_nullification

IMO our country would be much better off if every criminal case required that the judge include something about jury nullification in the jury instructions.  
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 12:10:59 PM EDT
[#50]
How do I get in on federal jury duty?

That would be sweet!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top