Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/18/2001 8:01:35 PM EDT
this is a GUN forum and not a Church !
Not everybody here is religious or has something sacred.

[removed some really stupid attempt to throw a bomb and stir up crap - Paul]
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 8:03:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 8:04:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 8:06:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 8:10:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Religion is OK as long as you do not use it to justify supressing free speech.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 8:13:23 PM EDT
[#5]
It's not so much as preaching, it's just that the atheists here wont shut up how they are supposed to be better than us thists, thus arguments.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 8:13:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes Paul censor ALL that YOU dont like. Is your  family from Taliban ?

This is what was deleted:

"---deleted again---"

[strike two sir - three strikes and I'm telling daddy - Paul]
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 8:21:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Dacon, Give it a rest. You have the freedom to pick and choose what threads to read and what threads to post to.

If a thread offends you then ignore it.

Alex
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 8:23:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Like any of us with more than three working brain cells, just stay out of the threads that you don't want to read because of religious content.  And while you complain and act like a spoiled child about those of us who have heavily Christian views, your nihilistic attitude comes out in every post.  But of course, we should do as you say, not as you do.  And you wonder why some refer to you as a boy.

I'm still wondering why this [b]boy[/B] [}:D] is still around after the repeated insults to AR Lady and his vulgar anti-religious rants.  McUzi has been banned post-haste for similar behavior.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 8:26:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 8:28:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Freedom is not given, is taken! Use the 2nd!
View Quote

I guess no one has pointed out the irony of your signature yet.  The Founding Fathers believed that the rights and freedoms guaranteed by the Bill of Rights were [B]GOD GIVEN[/b], meaning literally handed to us by our creator.  If you don't believe in God, then how can you believe in the freedoms he afforded us?

So yes, freedom is given.  And it's given by God himself.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 8:30:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Live your life so that the fear of death can never enter your heart. [b]Trouble no one about his religion...[/b] When your time comes to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song like a hero going home...
Tecumseh

Link Posted: 11/18/2001 8:31:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
[size=6]Please don't feed the troll.[/size=6]
View Quote

Just thought this needed to be repeated.

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 8:31:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm still wondering why this [b]guy[/b]
God Bless Texas
View Quote

Correction...you mean [b]child[/b].
View Quote

Duly noted and edited to correct the error.  Much obliged. [:D]

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 8:36:30 PM EDT
[#14]
<----------My pig is offended that "Dacon" rhymes with "Bacon".  I think you need to change your name.  Is "floater" still taken?
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 8:39:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Dacon, this IS the NON FIREARM GENERAL DISCUSSION FORUM. People are pretty much free to talk about ANYTHING. YOU are pretty much free to agree, ignore it or laugh your ass off at how ridiculous the notion is.

It's ALL about freedom baby.

Pssst, it you don't like religion, skip those topics that hint at religious content.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 8:48:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 8:51:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Paul, let me get this out and I SWEAR I'm not going to start anything.

I agree with both sides of this "debate". as a "non-religious type", I do skip over the threads that are religion based....but I think Dacon's complaint (from what I could read) is the amount of threads that start with nothing to do with religion that someone of the "religious-type" has to interject it in to.

all I'm saying is don't throw your cigarette butts in my toilet, and I won't piss in your ashtray.

No_Expert

(I hope I don't get flamed for this)

[pyro][:)]
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 8:54:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 9:09:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
No, No_Expert.  Dacon is simply trying to start an argument just like he always does.  He is nothing more than a troll, and soon he will be banned.

If you read his original post before it was edited, you'd know what I mean.
View Quote

okay, well I didn't get to read the original post...but I'm sure it was a doozie for Paul to snip it quickly...twice!  

I'm too easily drawn in still I guess.  

No_Expert
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 9:14:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Religion is ok for those of whom wish to follow it. It is also good to be open minded enough to listen and hear others points of view on all sorts of topics and even if you dont agree just make sure you dont piss of the guy with the bigger gun or better aim.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 9:17:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 9:18:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Usually I skip these posts also because I am what I call myself as "Non Religious".
Not a hater of religion, but with a complete tollerance of it and free expression.  BUT some of the posts on these forums get so entangled by it, and start to seperate the members by the simgle thing.

I am(for example) a Republican BUT am PRO Choice, NOT PROABORTION (since there is NO such thing, except for Dr. Mengle).
I have NO and I mean NO problem with religion, I actually like the idea of a final place to hang out after death, but I can't connect with the UNREALITY of the stories that are [i]tried[/i] to fed to me.
I am a man of science.  I believe in "if you can't touch it, it dosesn't exist"
I have found out, over the years that Religion is FULL of fraud and misdirections, since THIS is all that there is to actual proof of hard content.

BUT when those people start talking about Harry Potter is Evil, I have to draw the line and call them a bunch of simpleton morons.
Lets see....  "God" can rise off the ground, heal the sick, rise from the dead, unexplanably expand 3 fish to feed thousands, walk on water,
and have had Lambs sacrificed to him...
BUT
iF anybody does those same things is suddenly called SATAN!!!!!!
Like there was NO other scam artists now AS then.

BISHOP
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 9:24:25 PM EDT
[#23]
No I'm not trying to start a was but  there are people that have nothing to do with religion. What's so hard to understand that some of us HATE ANY religion, GOD, CHRIST, the BIBLE, etc.

Do you believe that a good person is only the one that goes to Church all the time...
-remember the mother that drowned her two sons in the car?..she was going to church...
-remember the other mother that drowned her five children in the tub?...she was very religious...
-remember the tele-evangelists a few years ago?...they were preaching the God and stealing money from the followers...
-remember the Crusades?...they were God fearing murderors...
-remember the Inchisition?...in the name of God over one million innocent people died...
-remember Salem?...over 32 women were burned to the stake for no reason...

and do you want ME to accept religion in my hart and trust God?...get a life...
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 9:26:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 9:34:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 9:35:03 PM EDT
[#26]
You, [b]Dacon[/b], have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Period.
remember Salem?...over 32 women were burned to the stake for no reason...
View Quote

For example, just see how wrong you can be. [b]No[/b] women were burned at the stake in Salem. Nineteen women were hung and one was crushed to death by stones, [i]cretina![/i]

No relation to you, I hope! [:D]

So how many people died as a result of the Inquisition? Please give me the source for whatever number with which you answer this question.

Eric The(Lucky[u]You[/u]Didn'tLiveInSpainIn1490!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 9:35:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
No I'm not trying to start a was but  there are people that have nothing to do with religion. What's so hard to understand that some of us HATE ANY religion, GOD, CHRIST, the BIBLE, etc.

Do you believe that a good person is only the one that goes to Church all the time...
-remember the mother that drowned her two sons in the car?..she was going to church...
-remember the other mother that drowned her five children in the tub?...she was very religious...
-remember the tele-evangelists a few years ago?...they were preaching the God and stealing money from the followers...
-remember the Inchisition?...in the name of God over one million innocent people died...

View Quote

Dacon, i rarely say this, but for God's Sake Start taking your meds again. You are a sick...sick child. You need to realize that Religion does not mean the things you stated. Those people were either off their rockers or fanaticists or both. Oh, and I assume religion is evil becuase OBL is religious. Dacon, get a life.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 9:37:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't mind what you chose to believe or disbelieve.
Do I get to use that privilege also?
SSD
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 9:42:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Actually it was nineteen women, one man (pressed)
and a dog (hanging).

CT had the first witch trial
and execution in 1651.[beer]

Aw crap!
I retained something useful
from the first half of
my Women's History course.
I even remembered that it was the first time
"spectral evidence" was entered into
the court record.
Now I can't complain anymore.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 9:46:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Actually it was nineteen women, one man (pressed)
and a dog (hanging).

CT had the first witch trial
and execution in 1651.[beer]
View Quote

Yep, I'm guessing CT and MA defined a Witch as anyone who liked Guns. I wonder...Yeah they still do.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 9:49:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Well, too many God loving people here fail to relize that the light at the end of the tunnel is in fact a train heading their way...

OK people its late and time to sleep for you and for me its time to put more coals in the fire...the Hell is getting colder....  
Good night and sweet dreams of Christ ...I'll be around...
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 10:07:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
No I'm not trying to start a was but there are people that have nothing to do with religion. What's so hard to understand that some of us HATE ANY religion, GOD, CHRIST, the BIBLE, etc.
View Quote

Dacon, there is a difference between respectfully disagreeing and throwing a tantrum and hating a religion.  You did the latter, and when you do that and insult peoples' religion, you are going to get a negative response.

Do you believe that a good person is only the one that goes to Church all the time.
View Quote

No, I sure don't.  I know many good people who aren't Christians.  Some are Hindu, some are Jewish, and some are Muslims.  I'm sure there are even other religions represented among the good people I know.

But I also know that, according to the Bible people don't go to Heaven because of good deeds.  They go to Heaven through knowing and accepting Jesus Christ as their personal saviour.  The Bible states this plainly.

Furthermore, and I know this is a hard concept for some to grasp, but everyone who calls themselves a Christian isn't necessarily one.  There have been many people who use the word of God to put forth their own agenda.  I [b]DESPISE[/b] televangelists who beg for money in return for salvation.  They are no better than conmon con men, except they are tax exempt.  The Catholic Church's behavior in the middle ages was a classic example of using God to get what you want, as is modern televangelism.  Lavish sets, limosines, gaudy jewelry, and they are begging for money to continue their ministry.  All the while knowing that Jesus never conducted his ministry from a limosine.

remember the mother that drowned her two sons in the car? she was going to church.
View Quote

And she obviously wasn't paying attention to that part about "Thou shalt not murder."

View Quote

No, they weren't.  They had not been attending church before the drownings and more than one person who knew the father has stated he was not deeply religious until AFTER he lost his children.  I live there and I have followed this case closely.

remember the tele-evangelists a few years ago?they were preaching the God and stealing money from the followers
View Quote

Never trust anyone who lives out of a limo and wears expensive jewelry when they beg you for money.  Jim Baker is only one of many of the men who would extort money from old ladies in exchange for salvation, and hopefully God will deal with him and the others as he sees fit when the judgement day comes.

remember the Crusades? they were God fearing murderors
View Quote

Remember the terrorist attacks on 9.11.2001?  Christianity isn't the only religion that has fanatical people or simply those who use the word for their own ends.  Do not be so naive, or you will find yourself fooled in many areas of life.

remember the Inchisition? in the name of God over one million innocent people died.
View Quote

That's The Spanish Inquisition.  See my previous rant on the Catholic church.

continued...
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 10:08:33 PM EDT
[#33]

remember Salem? over 32 women were burned to the stake for no reason.
View Quote

So far all you have pointed out to me are examples of people doing evil things, sometimes in the name of God, but none of them are Christ.  You are angry at the hypocrisy of those who call themselves Christians but aren't, and I don't blame you.  I had problems with them myself until I realized that they are just members of a group, and not necessarily what the group is about.  I read the word of God myself and do not have a massaged or otherwise convoluted version fed to me.

View Quote

I want you only to seek the truth unblinded by whatever prejudices or hatred you may have.  I should not condemn you, because after the death of my father in my teens I WAS you.  But the word of God is in any Bible for you to read and either accept or reject as the truth.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 10:12:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
this is a GUN forum and not a Church !
View Quote

An elderly woman had just returned
to her home from an evening worship
service and was startled to
find an intruder in her house.

Catching the man in the act
of burglarizing her home,
she yelled, "STOP! Acts 2:38!"
("Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ so that your sins may be forgiven.")

As the burglar stopped
dead in his tracks, the woman
calmly called the police and
explained what she had done.  

Shortly, several officers
arrived and took the man into custody.
As he was placing the handcuffs on the burglar, one of the officers asked,
"Why did you just stand there?
All the lady did was
mention a scripture verse."

"Scripture?" replied the burglar,
"she said she had an axe and two 38's!"
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 10:18:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Easy there Tex. While you got legitimate complaints, this is still a FREE FORUM.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 10:23:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Legitimate complaints? Hah! A weenie is a weenie! Period. [>]:)]
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 10:27:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Legitimate complaints? Hah! A weenie is a weenie! Period. [>]:)]
View Quote

Eric, mending fences, common ground, ring a bell? Did you notice the part where I actually defended posts with religious content?

But what part of Fanatics killing their kids in the name of Christ do you agree with? If you don't agree with it, well those would be legitimate complaints.

But maybe you'd just prefer to condemn him to hell and be done with it.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 10:37:28 PM EDT
[#38]
I don't think any of these individuals that [b]Dacon[/b] named killed their children or anyone else's children 'in the name of Christ.'

The Tate lady in Houston who killed her five kids is just nuts. She claimed that she wasn't a good mother and that they were better off dead.  No mention of Jesus there.

Susan Smith in Carolina murdered her two boys by driving her car off into a lake simply so she could possibly date her rich boyfriend who 'had a problem' with her kids.

I'm sure the rest of these people he named were also Rotarians, Kiwanis Club members, etc., but their membership in [u]those[/u] organizations would go unmentioned and unnoted. But God help them if they went to Church!

So tell me what part of Christ's sermons, teaching, parables, and lifestyle do you think contributes to His followers' bloodthirstiness?

I can't think of anything He said during His life on earth that would make anyone kill anyone else. Can you?

And if they say He told them to do it, they are not only murderers, but liars, as well!

Eric The(SoWhyLayTheirSinsAtHisFeet?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 10:42:28 PM EDT
[#39]
By the way, I know that [u]you[/u] have no problem with religious overtones in posts and threads.

It just seems that [b]Dacon[/b] would be better off on the General Discussion - Firearms related Board, where I doubt Jesus is ever a likely subject for discourse.

And I cannot/will not condemn anyone to Hell. But [b]Dacon[/b] seems to be taking care of [u]that[/u] pretty well all by himself!

Eric The(AmIRight?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 10:43:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
But what part of Fanatics killing their kids in the name of Christ do you agree with? If you don't agree with it, well those would be legitimate complaints.
View Quote

Steyr, I urge you to show me one bit of proof that points to those children in the cases sited being murdered in the name of Christ.  Show me one bit of proof that shows those women were followers of Christ, and acted in his name in murdering their children.

Andrea Yates sure as heck didn't use Christ as an excuse as to why she drowned her children.  As a matter of fact, she stated that she had ruined their children by being a bad mother and that they were better off dead.  She certainly didn't do it because of something Christ told her to do.  

Neither did Susan Smith.  However, the man Mrs. Smith was having an affair with, Thomas Findlay, had told her he was breaking off their affair because he did not like the fact that she had kids.  Findlay read the following, as entered into trial evidence, from the letter he sent to Mrs. Smith to explain why he was breaking off their relationship:  "But like I told you before, there are some things about you that aren't suited to me, and yes, I am speaking about your children."  Their relationship was ended shortly after that letter was used to end their relationship.  Apparently she thought getting rid of her kids would rekindle the relationship.

In both of those examples, the accused was/is presented as being mentally unstable.  Their Christianity (and their actions show they are not Christians) was and isn't an issue.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 10:47:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted: No I'm not trying to start a was but  there are people that have nothing to do with religion. What's so hard to understand that some of us HATE ANY religion, GOD, CHRIST, the BIBLE, etc.

View Quote

Hmmm, I hate to point out the obvious, but I think it's God that wants you to accept Him in the person of Christ - not necessarily "religion"

After all, I clean my guns religiously - I guess I'm a religious gun nut? [:)]
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 12:17:16 AM EDT
[#42]
The best I can say  is...
For those of you who believe in the Holy 3...
"He" designed all of us just to cause the others grief.  We are all as one, and no mater how much we argue, none of us will change our beliefs.

"Whatever your religion, the others are worshiping God WRONG...  
Their Cross is Wrong!!!
They don't EAT the body of christ.
Woman don't cover their heads while in church.
the rest aren't "born again".
Their God doesn't tell them to KILL all doctors that preform abortions.
Their God doesn't tell them that killing others isn't bad as long as they don't believe in your bible and they are unbeliving infadels.
Woman should cover their faces...
All radio is the devil speaking to you..
Kite flying is bad.

Whoa some of this is sounding like things I have heards in the STATES 5years ago form a christian "family" camp...

BISHOP
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 4:16:29 AM EDT
[#43]
I just wanted to say......

NAAAAAAHHH.

Link Posted: 11/19/2001 4:33:37 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I just wanted to say......

NAAAAAAHHH.

View Quote

I don't think I'll bite either.  Tempting though!  (Get it?  Huh?  "tempting"?)  [:D]
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 4:49:16 AM EDT
[#45]
Religion is great.  The best tool yet devised to control the masses.

Link Posted: 11/19/2001 4:52:56 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

While I don't agree with your opinion, I'll thank you for being civil about it!  [beer]

Link Posted: 11/19/2001 5:38:13 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Karl Marx also agrees. "Religion is the opiate of the masses."

I can even go along with that.

But then, I am NOT a religious person. I hate religion, and so does God.

Religion is what man created to make himself feel justified before God - a sort of self-righteousness.

TRUE righteousness comes from God - and has NOTHING to do with religion.

Link Posted: 11/19/2001 6:21:30 AM EDT
[#48]
i agree with Dacon. this is ar15.com home of the black rifle not church.com home home of the preachers!!!

"the one"
out [marines]
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 6:26:30 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 6:28:19 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

I disagree, Gobbles would have said that "modern T.V. is the greatest propaganda devised by man"
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top